ESPN: It's time for Mark Sanchez to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Oh yes, dump Mark Sanchez, the third year QB with no offensive line, a retard OC, and a revolving door at wide receiver. Dump the guy who has the most road playoff wins of anybody and out-dueled Tom fuckin Brady in New England to reach the AFC Championship game. Yeah this kid has no hope, just dump him and replace him with...?

#41 Dirty6Sanchez, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Ted

Ted Member

Although I am no fan of Stephen A. Smith there was one line that should concern Jets fans. Players commenting that you are only as good as your QB is a very telling reflection of the confidence in the man who is supposed to be your leader.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Matt Flynn! Dude he's way better than Mark. You know he threw 6 TDs Sunday right? I expect that kind of play every game from him since he's the next Aaron Rodgers. Fuck Sanchez and his playoff ability!

/the mentality of half the Jets fans on this board.

4. Ted

Ted Member

He never faced Tom Brady in the AFC Championship game and had nothing to do with an outstanding defensive effort from the Jets in shutting Brady down in the second round last year.

5. Shemy

Shemy Member

who ironically knows shit about basketball either

all he knows is how to play the role as the token black guy, who is arrogant, loud and annoying

6. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I also love the irony of a fanbase that can be dumb enough to boo their QB before the game and then proceed to wonder why he lacked confidence at the end of the year. Only in New York!

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Stephen A. Smith knows as much about football as I know about needlepoint.

He should stick to blowing Skip Bayless between commercials on the least watched sports show in history.

8. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

So now the anti-Sanchez camp is using STEVEN A. FUCKING SMITH as a voice of reason?!?!?!

This fanbase sucks. I DESTROYED Pats fans last year for booing Brady in the divisional playoff game, but I have no doubt we'd do the same thing. I'm willing to make a sizable bet that if something were to happen to Sanchez opening weekend next year, a percentage of the crowd would cheer while he's on the ground.

9. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Listen I agree, but I also think Flynn is going to be an above average QB. I don't think we're talking about the next Scott Mitchell.

I'm also saying that with the obvious preface that it would be unbelievably stupid to go after Flynn if somehow he even hits free agency for a myriad of reasons.

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

truth is, sanchez was a bad reach in the draft the year we decided to get him. he had little college experience,and was surrounded by talent at socal,which made our scout department believe he was the answer to our starting qb need. he simply doesnt have what it takes to be the qb that ends our superbowl drought, and it doesnt take a football genius to see it. to believe that he is our guy because our "team" won 4 road playoff games while he happened to be the qb is totally silly. this was suppose to be his breakout year and sanchez choked when we needed him most....a.k.a.....the last 3 games. hell for a split second tim tebow even looked like a better qb, at least he found ways to manage games to a point where denver looked like a better offensive team than ours with much less talent. other than a couple spots on our o-line, we have talent, even though its aging or disfunctional to a degree. we cant blame schotty, our qb coach, or anybody else for the decisions sanchise made that cost us a playoff chance......our quarterbacking did. we cant blame his lack of pro experience, because our team, and occasionally sanchez himself put us in big situations that should have led to his further growth. our window for this team has gotten much smaller, and may be already gone. sanchez will get his 4th year as our qb but i'm willing to bet he wont be much better than what he have seen up till now. i'm also willing to bet we wont win the big one unless we turn our team into the 2000 ravens to cover sanchez's ass for the duration of his career here. he had much more control this year (naturally) but we had much less success as a team, so why should we give him even more control over the offense, or an offense under a new coordinator, considering how he "guided" our team down the stretch when we controlled our own playoff destiny? heads are gonna roll this off season, but will the heads roll that will get us back on the superbowl trail? if sanchez stays our best chance to get back on it will be......give him less control, give our rb's (a new rb would be very nice to compliment greene) more opportunities with better blocking,and through free agency, and the draft, turn our defense into the 2000 ravens. or lose sanchez, keep our offense intact while adding manning(or a qb of that magnitude) while returning our defense into the units that almost got us to the superbowl the two years sanchez got the credit of those 4 road playoff wins. otherwise expect a year like the one we just had while sanchez continues to "grow".

11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

S0 booing a guy that is making 10+ mil a year is going to shake his confidence...only in New York

that is the dumbest post of 2012 to this point

12. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

NOt that I want Mark to get injured but Brady has done more in one year then Mark will in his entire career

13. lakersmetsjets49ers

regarding the booing, no one is immune from booing. if derek jeter and mariano rivera have gotten booed before by the home fans then anyone can get booed.

personally i think sanchez is aware that the boos were warranted in the giants game and in the pats game at home.

that said in 2012, i hope the entire team gets a decent reaction from the crowd when the season starts. if sanchez plays like crap then a negative reaction from the crowd is warranted but that whole team needs a fresh start next season regardless if sanchez is the qb, both in the locker room and in the stands.

fans spend their hard earned money on tickets and have every right to boo but a positive response from the crowd going into the first home game next season would be good for the team.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

this is Stephen A. Smith, he knows absolutely nothing about football. This is a guy who I heard talking the other day saying Braylon Edwards had a million drops in 2010 when I'm not sure he dropped a singled pass(if he did he only had about 2-3). He doesn't know a thing about this game.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Wonder who his source is though. Doesn't sound like Santonio - he was more anti-Schotty than anti-Sanchez.

My money is on Slauson or Moore.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. According to the article, Sanchez has "got to go", but Schotty "should go"?!?!

That one line flushed the credibility of the author down the crapper for me.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

18. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Yeah, "It's time for Sanchez to go" to the Superbowl. Year four he will guide this Jets time to the promised land.

19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Racist A. Smith was the author.

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Media hates on Mark cause he's chicano and there ain't no mexican presence in the media. Mark should only talk to ESPN deportes from now on