ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

When you have Tom friggin Brady as your QB you have room to use guys like Woodhead and Tebow. With Brady, you can have virtually anyone at RB and they will get yards because the D will play the pass 90% of the time. I wonder if next year they'll be saying "the patriots didn't know how to use Tebow". No they won't, they'll say "Tebow isn't that good". But when it's the Jets it's all their fault!!! :lol:

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

OMG! Look at that circus over there! Wow! They must have just picked up Tebow for jersey sales and PR!!! It's undeniable now!!! WHY WOULD THEY NEED A PRESS CONFERENCE?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Double standards are funny. The Jets were bashed and the Pats are praised for the same exact move.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the bolded statement is very true.
    now that he's on the Pats, we will still be getting negative Tebow press regardless of how it pans out..

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the media is a bunch of Belichick ball washing turds but your post sounds like nothing more than a butt hurt fan.

Obviously the situation is far different in NE with a HOF QB safely entrenched. They also pretty much squashed the circus immediately instead of pouring gas on the fire like the Jets did. I mean surely you can see the difference, right?

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

It's pretty hilarious how all the people who were ripping the Jets for picking up Tebow are not praising the Pats for doing the same thing. When it's the Jets it's a circus, it's for press and selling jersies...when the Pats do it it's smart, strategic and will help them win games.

Love how blind some of these Pats loving Jets haters are.

6. varjao

varjao Member

Brady has at least 5 years ahead , Mallet already said that if he doesn't get a chance at the end of this contract he will leave. And I have strong reasons to believe BB will put him to play more this season, to elevate his market value, there always teams desperate for QB. He probably will play most of the snaps on pre season games, and coming on the field for 4th quarters in blowouts.

The point is, there's no chance for Tebow to play QB in the short term unless BB is flerting with the modernity of the game and want to add some QB running game, because Brady is slow as hell. I doubt it. It's more likely to have him aligned with Brady to mess up with defenses that will have to prevent from 2 possible QB and a RB.

I'm not sold on this TE talking, it's not that easy to either block or get open to receive, Hernandez and Gronk make it simple because they're top players.

Belligenious also gave him cheap money, low risk, high reward. I suspect he always had plans for Tebow, and still waited for the right moment to get him cheap almost sending resumés for regular jobs. Another favor Jets did to Pats, bashing him so badly during and after his Jets time.

Totally win win deal, no questions about it, and 6-8 TD's is a very reasonable number, goal line drives, saving the starters RB's ribs and throwing Tebow to the lions, he will do whatever it takes to cross the line, even jumping and other risky plays.

BB will find a way to make Tim usefull and that's how he will bite you in the ass, not playing QB. This dude has the guts, some of you forget he lead his team do playoffs in Denver and had a great game against Steelers even throwing the ball decently , but you guys prefer McElroy, so I'm sorry for some of you but you Jets fans deserve the franchise that you have chosen to root for.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Shooter McGavin @ShooterMcGavin_
    The Patriots signed Tim Tebow? Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Not Bill Walton @NotBillWalton
    Somehow, Tim Tebow keeps getting NFL QB jobs. At this point I'm starting to believe his father might REALLY be Jesus.

Jane McManus @janesports
    Next week's headline: TEBOW HEALS GRONK.

Todd Behrendt @ToddBehrendt
    Really want to see 1.) Tebow say he's excited 84 times in a press conference again and 2.) see Belichick's facial expression during it.

8. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Interesting already many of the Pats mouth pieces on both BSPN and NFL crapwork are all playing down any contributions or expectation those both inside and outside Pats nation are expressing about the
    People talking about years from now Tim becoming effective after learning how to be an NFL QB under the tutelage of his mentor and main supporter McDaniels.
    Then in the next breath they are saying he will be here for at least one year of his two year contract. Just have a feeling like us, this will not end well for the Pats.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The Pats didn't make Woodhead 'work out'. He worked out just fine for the jets, but we also drafted McKnight which forced Tanny to flip a coin. Heads it was, we kept McKnight.

Danny has done nothing in NE. If we kept Woodhead and sent McKnight to NE, well now that may have worked out much better for NE.

Heads, we win.

10. Footballgod214

Of course he knows. But $2M/yr says he doesn't care!

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

How can anyone say that the media isn't going to be a distraction. A couple hours ago there where 6 articles on Tim Tebow on NFL.com

6 articles out of 10. I screenshot it but can't upload from my phone.

12. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The circus has arrived! How long until Belichick puts an end to this????

[​IMG]

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Only question; should this be in the, "Brady throwing gay again" thread?

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why people like that clown. And Pats fans think they are going to make him a great weapon. He couldn't gain 2 fucking yards running the ball for the Jets.

Why are people so delusional to follow ESPN to think he's been any good. Maybe they can develop him into a QB. But I don't see how since he cannot even hit a target 15 yards away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

15. Footballgod214

...at least Tebow's first NFL TD didn't come against Coples/Richardson!

Edit: If you don't care about Tebow, check out minute mark 3:10....Adios!

[YOUTUBE]x-euAWJRARA[/YOUTUBE]

#175 Footballgod214, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  16. Footballgod214

"Just to give some more perspective, notice how we've not heard a word about Manti Te'o at all?"

99% of journalists couldn't find QualComm stadium on a map if you held a gun to their head

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was only repeating what all the negative nellies were saying after we picked up Tebow last year. I enjoy pointing out double standards. Obviously there is a difference, but it's not a big one. Tebow isn't going to make the Pats drastically better. They are already a good team. In reality, where Tebow goes is not relevant at all, except to media clowns. How did the Jets add fuel to the fire? By answering the media's questions honestly instead of deflecting them all? If people accused Woody of bringing in Tebow as a headline move (with zero evidence, mind you and later denied by Tanny), why can't people say the same for Kraft?

#177 Barcs, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Being on the other side of the Tebow circus is FUN!

[​IMG]

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

caption this pic:

[​IMG]

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Pats clearly saw a value in Woodhead and had a plan on how to use it. The Jets never did.

You could say the same about Mcknight so far also, though we really don't know if he is capable of contributing more than he has so far or not.