ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wish the guy best. He did nothing wrong and he is a good guy. I hope he doesn't score a TD against us that's all. I can't take the fucking media if that happens.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if the Kid realizes he's being used again as a pawn this time just to tweak Woody Johnson and the Jets.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

good thing they brought in a solid backup for tom brady...they've been coddling him for years.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm glad they signed him. Tebowmania might be just enough to mess with the patriots. McDaniels might like him, but it's obvious that Belichick would've signed off on it, and you know he likes to fuck with our Jets. How much of it had to do with that is the question?

If they keep him at QB this is GREAT news for the Jets. Any snap without Tom Brady behind center is a bonus. If they get creative with him positionally they could have some success, but would Timmy be okay with that? And Im not scared of that anyway, he'd have alot to learn before he's any good at another position.

Belichick is good at avoiding questions, but he's going to be questioned every single day about Tebow. We'll see how that a-hole reacts to that. Also, you can't believe Brady is going to be too happy about stepping out for a play or two if it comes to that.

They used to be the place where people revived their careers, but they've also failed in that regard with some high profile signings. I could see this coming back to bite them or it's possible he might not even make the opening day roster.

Either way it gives us another reason to hate that organization and it MIGHT just be the unnecessary headache that messes with an otherwise successful dynamic they've had. Lets hope so.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 25m
    Scene-setter: CNN, ESPN and many of the local television stations are set up in Gillette Stadium parking lot, with live reports.

I think the most excited thing about Tebow to the Pats is Bill getting questions about Tebow and answering in his typical way. Bill's interviews are always fun to watch

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with making guys A+ athletes. It has everything to do with giving guys playing time and utilizing their skill sets (something that BB, and McDaniels can do).

Not sure how anyone can honestly argue that Tebow got a fair shot with the Jets. Rex and Sparano (shockingly) had no clue how to use Tebow, so they simply never played him.

7. varjao

varjao Member

Once again, whom are you guys trying to fool? Yourselves?

There's only hope for you, hope that this turn out to be a bad move. I will tell you, it won't.

Keeping bringing 85 and Fat Albert examples doesn't work, those moves didn't hurt Patriots at all. 85 still had some catches and a couple of TD's, made a big catch on SB, and got cut in the next off season. BB is experimenting a lot on the last few years, hitting in some, mistaking in other, but that is not hurting the organization at all, he still has Tom Brady as his Quarterback. He screwed up the defense it's true, but they're coming together.

There is a few Jets fans reasonable here, and they know how this is gonna unfold, with Tebow biting Rex in the ass.

Tebow by this time doesn't want any media attention, he will sit and learn behind Brady 5 years if necessary, it's still better than QBing for Browns, Jaguars, Oakland and Jets.

I'm pretty sure BB will use him as a fullback in 3rd and 1, goal line drives, and maybe tricky plays. Deal with it.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're halfway through camp. McDaniel has been quietly prodding Tebow for about a week on the issue of playing H-back for the Pats. The Pats don't carry 3 QB's. Ryan's ahead of you as the backup. I really want you to play for us. I know what you can do.

Belichik calls Tebow in and gives him the bad cop. "We just don't have a slot open for you as a backup QB. I can't justify the roster spot. We'd like you to play H-back for us. You'll get a lot of snaps and a chance to star for us."

It'd be interesting to see which way Tebow jumped on this. If the Pats cut him his NFL career is over, with an emphasis on done.

Pride is not an attribute that Christians admire.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They called a press conference just like we did. LOL

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I seriously doubt it will be just like we did.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Come on guys, some of these inputs are crazy.
    First off, if the only reason they brought him in is to fuck the Jets then the move is a waste of a roster spot. I'm sure they will have a bigger role for him.
    Second, clearly he will be better utilized than with the Jets. Sparano/Sanchez/OL versus Brady/Billi/NE OL. WELL THERE IS NO COMPARISON. We did not need him to start out with, but we certainly managed to misuse him all to hell.
    Is he going to do some good things as an option/situational player....no doubt.
    BUT, remember this......Brady will not come off the field very often at all. HE IS THE PATS.
    SO HE'S ROLE WILL BE WHAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN. Make plays with your legs.
    But what is absolutely laughable is to think that sitting behind Brady he will learn to be a starting QB.
    THAT JUST AIN'T NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. He does not have the essentials nor the mechanics.
    Best thing the Jets should do is ignore any and all talk about Tebow as if he did not exist. Go about your business and try to put Brady in harms way. Tebow can be a starter for him any day for all I care.

12. BrowningNagle

I have a feeling you will feel much differently in December about the Tebow situation. You sound like a lot of Jets fans, myself included, this time last year.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would go down the list of BB moves that failed but I'm sure it would fall on deaf ears. I hear his balls are a delicacy among the media and some fans.

Heres the thing ... the Patriots offense is going to be one of the best in the league unless they have to rely on him to fill in for brady and mallet going down. A few tebow short yardage plays here and there will be insignificant in the grand scheme of things with the exception of a bunch of wasted tissues.

14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

"Jets had no clue how to use Tebow". You know how many times I have heard this statement in the last year and even more so in the last 24 hours ?

So someone, anyone give us a clue how would all you people use Tim Tebow in a conventional offense.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

tim was so bad he could not take snaps away from mark last year but now this is going to come back and bite us in the ass? yea o.k.
    there are better odds that tebow is cut before the opener than tebow beating us in week 2.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 1m
    "We've already talked enough about him." - Bill Belichick after a few minutes of #Tebow questions. This is hilarious

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I really don't think the Pats are going to keep Tebow as a 3rd QB. They just don't do that very often. If Ryan Mallet is on the outs somehow or the Pats want to trade him for a future pick at this point then I could see Tebow as the backup, albeit a bad choice for that role.

If Tebow was a UDFA with a high profile then I'd think maybe the Pats might try to stash him on the practice squad to play read-option for them on the scout team.

It's just very unlike Bill Belichik to do something without a strong plan in mind.

If the Pats do keep Tebow he's going to be playing somewhere else for them a lot.

19. BrowningNagle

That really is hilarious. You are looking at this every single day from now until January, Bill.

20. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

It was a mandatory press conference as per NFL rules. It's also the last time bellicheck will field tebow questions until August most likely. The press corps came from all over this time. They're not going to stay there all summer to hear bellicheck say "he's a smart guy" once every two weeks.

Just to give some more perspective, notice how we've not heard a word about Manti Te'o at all? How is he doing at OTA's? We have no idea. Because again, when you have a real coach you can avoid the "circus."