ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I guess they want him to play TE immediate reports are saying. I don't see any scenario where the Pats take Brady off the field to run a trick play for Tebow. I also don't see the Pats lining up Brady at WR to take a potential free shot from a corner or LB.

This is just a move Bill made so he can try to get Tebow a TD against us when we played them this year.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you read Welker's comments today it would seem not many people like that locker room anyway.

3. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Best comment so far on NFL network. The giddy NFL network anchor asks: "what is the Tebow press conference going to be like? I can't even imagine it!" The patriots beat reporter answers "there won't be one. The patriots don't do press conferences for new free agents. Just think back to old ocho cinco last year. You never heard from him At a press conference. He did no interviews in training camp. And Tebow will do none as well. That's the patriots way."

One day people will realize that the only "circus" last year was caused by Rex and his usual nonsense. People will not even be heard from them patriots camp. And I love it! Rex needs to take notes from a real coach who's not a sensationalist clown.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. Hope it somehow wrecks their lockerroom.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Let's start putting the circus tents up there and get Kraft a cool ringmaster hat.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Seriously, how the fuck can you be so naive to blame that on Ryan...do you really think he set up that presser? Seriously?

7. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

He's 3rd string QB. Confirmed on ESPN.

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Brady is god to Putz fans and no way Tebow will fall in line to worship him...trouble brewing.

All kidding aside, didn't Timmy fans cry a river of tears that he wasn't given a "legit" chance to start in NY? No way in hell he'll start in NE.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:lol: Imagine if Brady throws an interception, then on the next drive a pass is tipped for an interception and the crowd chants TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! :lol: A man can dream....

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow's reign in the NFL has officially become Kafkaesque with the releast of Patriots 3rd stringer Mike Kafka. Just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger.

11. displacedfan

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 55m
    Tim Tebow will sign with New England, source confirms to me. Plan, I'm told, is Tebow will study a great deal at tight end.

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 43m
    Keep in mind--Tebow won't exclusively study TE. But he's also not just going to study QB.

He's not just a QB to the Pats.

12. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have never been so tempted to troll in my life. Go find a nice moniker and make an account on a Pats board and then run through the Tebowmania archive and start rehashing arguments for the benefit of our northern brethren. ;P

14. displacedfan

Very simplistic view of things. It's not a one sided thing, you don't think Tebow seeks any attention at all? It's a two way street. The Jets wanted some, Tebow wanted some, both got what they wanted.

This would be interesting to do. Would be fun.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I recommend "Backup QB," "Remarker," "JaxSuzy," or "Concerned Citizen."

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I was never a Tebow fan but I thought he did add some very good value on the punt team.

He converted 4th downs to 1st downs early last year on 4 fake punts. That is a full days work for Sanchez playing every offensive snap. The secondary value having Tebow on non long yardage punt team is he keeps defenses honest allowing the punter more time to punt and the punt team to get better punt coverage.

Outside of the punt team I have yet to witness him add much. But I do give him this. He is a tough guy and he is a real football player. In that sense the opposite of Sanchez. The kind of guy you want on your team if you can find a role for him.

The problem is he brings the circus which makes it not worth bringing him in. But NE is the perfect place for him. The media will not question the Pats for having him there. It is one of the few places he can play without all the drama. Second there is an established QB there. He has no chance at playing or even being the backup. It is simply how can he contribute as a role player. Which would seem to fit him very well.

17. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

An info grab. Will get cut in preseason.

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That's what I figured, except what info does Tebow REALLY have? Nothing about offense seeing as it's a new OC.

Then I remembered the McDaniels is the OC in New England. The same guy who rode Tebow to success in Denver. Anything could happen.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That clip is actually much more of an indictment of Sanchez for throwing that pass in the first place.

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Defense.

McDaniels drafted him. Fox rode him until they got PM.