ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I mean your team has some more pressing matters at the forefront right now with Hernandez. That's the pressing issue.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ha, I guess not even Tebowmania can overpower a homicide story........ Other star TE having multiple surgeries..... oh, and Heads of State accused of stealing the owner's SB ring.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It hasn't begun officially yet...

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

cues circus music*

Time for the Patriots to crumble!

:gpc::gpc::gpc::gpc::gpc:

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Distractions :smile:

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Maybe, but come July and August, it'll be the same thing, and I seriously doubt that the media will waste their time with "I already answered that question" and "I have nothing to add." Belichick's stoicism with the media is unbreakable. I mean, the guy navigated his way through Spygate without saying much of anything. (Though in hindsight, I wish he had, because saying nothing invites the worst speculation.)

Hernadezgate? :eek:hmy:

Yup, most definitely... when I posted back on 6/18 the Hernandez story had just broken and it didn't look like all that much. Now? Um...

Damn I hate the offseason.

We shall see! :beer:

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You are making the incorrect assumption that tebowmania requires something out of belichick. Espn, his fans and his haters are more than enough to keep it alive.

8. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, but if you don't feed them (his fans and the media), will they keep coming? We don't know that yet. In Denver, they had the "but he won here!" argument. In NY, they had the, "Can't be worse than Sanchez!" argument. In New England even the most hardcore Tebow fans aren't going to suggest replacing Brady, even for five snaps a game.

If Brady gets hurt and Mallet struggles, then maybe they'd come out in force. But all things being equal, in New England, Tebow will be a 3rd string QB and treated like one.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We're about to find out. Like I said, the pats are definitely handling the situation better. We'll see if that's good enough to put a lid on tebowmania. I have my doubts.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The media circus is definitely in NE. Top 4 threads in this section are all Patriots related. LOLZ.

11. JetsVilma28

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...t-end-option-patriots-not-fast-140838477.html

[​IMG]

Have fun BB, have fun NE :up:

12. JetsVilma28

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not saying it isn't, but aren't the top 4 threads in this forum usually Pats threads?

14. abyzmul

I get it now. The Pats ordered Hernandez to shoot a guy five times to distract from Tebowmania.

That was a clever move.

15. abyzmul

I guess I'll start quoting Ron Borges articles after all.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Once you commit to a plan...

This one went pretty bad though. :eek:hmy:

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm thinking the Pats had a heads up that Hernandez was in trouble for a bunch of stuff.

I think they signed Tebow because they thought something bad was going to happen with Hernandez, maybe a suspension from Goodell related to the other shooting he was involved in and got sued for.

Then things went really wrong.

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It sounds like they had some information this past off-season that he was once again running with a bad crowd. Breer, who works for NFL.com now, was previously the Patriots beat writer for the Boston Globe:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216707/article/aaron-hernandez-fallout-patriots-pay-price-for-risky-draft-class?icampaign=ATL_newsdriver

Apparently they tried to get him out of town for a while sometime over the winter. The thought is that playing in NE, so close to his home ties, ended up being a really bad thing for him. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if he had played somewhere on the West Coast or far from NE.

And FWIW, Kraft talked to reporters this week for the first time and said they were "duped" by Hernandez:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216707/article/aaron-hernandez-fallout-patriots-pay-price-for-risky-draft-class?icampaign=ATL_newsdriver

19. JetsVilma28

for NFL power rankings this year, will the Pats be called the "Tebow's"? "Murder Inc." would probably fit better I suppose.

20. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

If the New England fans weren't such a bunch of pompous prudes.
    If they had a sense of humor, everytime Tom Brady throws an incomplete pass this year, they shoud start chanting : TEEBOW-TEEBOW-TEEBOW .
    :lol::breakdance::lol: