Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

here is what Joe Namath had to say about the butt fumble

"I just can't tell you what's going on in Mark's mind when he admits to having thought of another play when he turned out the wrong way," Namath said. "Are they giving him too much to think about at this stage? I don't know where his head is, man."

Well, we know where his head ended up -- and it wasn't pretty.

2. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

What exactly does Glat do anyway???

3. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

He makes money for Mr. Woody Johnson

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Aside from '09, '10 you and all of is should be used to it by now lol

5. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I'm sure that NBC was proud as a peacock to put the Jets in prime time on one of the biggest holidays of the year. :)

6. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Member

Nothing was worse than 1-15

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Start rooting for the Pats and set yourself on fire. How the fuck are you a fan of a team u call disgusting? Fake fans like you are disgusting!

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

If you're embarrassed to be a fan of this team, then don't be a fan. Every team has good times, and bad times. If you can't support the team when its down, then screw you for supporting it when its doing good.

Title should read "embarrassed to have so-called fans like tanknyc".

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Nothing was ever worse than Castineau vs Cleveland
    Nothing has been surprising or shocking since

10. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Your such a hypocrite. After years of defending trash, you finally grew a brain and realized Sanchez sucks. It's okay for you to critic everybody''s typos and " opinions" like your some road scholar. You have no clue about our lives or how successful we are in our careers. Is it because we rant and rave about our beloved football team. Because after all, we are fanatics.

Mark Sanchez just humilated himself and the logo on national tv by getting close and personal with Brandon Moore's brown eye. Yeah, we all want to be like him...hahaha

#170 Diabolical_Jet_Fan, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  11. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

We can't have every position lined with a the best in the league. I don't like Wilson but we would not even be talking about him if Revis wasn't injured.

Linebackers we could improve a bit but its not all doom and gloom as you say it is.
    Our O line was praised not only two years ago with a couple pro Bowlers on it. Put. A quarter back that gets the ball out of his fucking hands quicker and you will probably see a better performance from the o line. How long do they need to block for the guy?
    If you don't like Landry and bell as a step up from smith and Leonard than you must be watching a different game. Only problem is they are trying to cover a weak side corner and some of the pressure up front. Revis coming back fixes a lot of this. What other safeties did you have in mind that we could pick up?

I'm so sick of hearing this top receiver bullshit. In 2009-2010 did we have top ten receivers on our team? Did you consider Cotchery one? Did you consider smith one? What huge numbers did Sanchez post in 2009-2010? None, he actually was in top ten worst abs of both those years but we went both afc championships with a solid team and running back combo behind Sanchez and no one said a word about the receivers. No one also said a word about Greene either? It's amazing how in 2011-12 now that we try to put more on our quarter back and put the ball in his hands is when we have all these problems. It's always someone else's fault when it comes to Sanchez. Always.
    I have to keep coming back to Brady becasue he takes scrubs that every other team cuts and turns them into supestars. Lets put Edelman and welker on the jets with Sanchez and give Brady- Kerley and hill. How confident would you be to bet welker and Edelman would have better numbers than hill and Kerley?

Our defense played that first series in New England about as good as you can. Forced an intentional grounding and three and out. What was the reward for that. Yes, it was a three and out by Sanchez. If you have ever played sports you would know that confidence spreads lie a virus through a team. Next play New England drives and misses a field goal. Score 0-0 our defense does it again and what does Sanchez repay them with. Another interception. It starts with the quarter back and there is no defense that can stand the pressure Sanchez puts n his teammates. Game was over from the first interception. I'm not even going onto talk about the run into the ass play!
    I would like to see our defense play behind just an average offense where the d isn't on the field after three and outs on a consistent basis. Wouldn't you?

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

I am embarrassed to be a football fan because of people who think Tebow is a NFL quarterback. If you watch Rex what does he call him a "football player" never a QB. Think about it

13. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

I don't think we are saying tebow is the answer. At least I'm not. All I'm saying is Sanchez isn't.

14. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

This is a good post and I totally agree..

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This is where you're wrong, my friend. They are always bad. They have good moments, but even in the good games, a good portion of the time is spent shaking one's head and wondering what the fuck you're watching.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Who made you the fan police? If a team disgusts you then that team is disgusting, that's how that word works. Considering how badly the team got beat and how humiliating it was, I think any fan is allowed to be disgusted with them.

17. The_Darksider

The only time I had TRULY high hopes, they were dashed with an Achilles' injury during the first game of the year.

18. The_Darksider

Ok. You're Happy Homer Sunshine Boy. And you're insane.

19. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

This is the key. The teams that are successful in this league are committed from the ownership, to putting in place sought after & talented/reputable front office management. This is actually made evident in a team that I don't particularly root for, Tampa bay Buccaneers. I mean think about it, This is a team that fired Tony Dungey for the sexy choice of Jon Gruden. After getting over the bump of winning a SB, the team essentially crashed and burned over the years. Yes, the fans out cried, but after the process of trying to put the front office on the right (Marc Dominic), and an initially unpopular choice in HC Schiano, drafting some talent AND DEPTH, they are at least, exiting, competitive, and reinvented.....

20. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

The Bucs crashed and burned over the years because they never had a franchise QB. NFL is a fairly simple league to look at when you view it from the quality of the QB perspective. The rules have changed over the years which have emphasized QB play even more and simply put, if you don't have a franchise QB you probably won't win it all.

We should all watch the Niners to see if they can beat the odds by winning it all without a franchise QB. My money is on them not getting over the hump.