Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

im embarrassed and disgusted by the game,but also how the team was built after 09 and 10 after Rex ran his big mouth like we are world beaters. No offense,but i dont think the guy who in his screen name roots for 2 teams should be telling others how to be a fan. This is the place for venting,and this team is at a sad state.

2. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Fail bro. Just an epic fail of a post. There have been plenty of seasons that have been worse than this one. Don't insult us the true fans who have lived through seasons way worse than this one. Put your big boy pants on and get it together. Your just upset that the pats whooped our asses again. Hang in there young buck brady will soon retire and balance will return to the force.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm only embarrassed to be a Jet fan b/c of the fanbase we have.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't feel personally embarassed, so let's be clear about that.

But as far as looking at this team is concerned, being optimistic or pessimistic, I have a hard time thinking of a time when I was less optimistic. Yeah, the Kotite era was awful, but it was different. The problem with Hess was that he was not a hands on owner who also did not know how to hire a football guy to run the team. He fixed that, which was very fixable, by hiring Parcells. Fans back then at least knew how to fix the team, and all Hess had to do was stop with the false prophets of Coslet and Steinberg and hire an effective football guy.

Today the problem is we have an owner who wants to be hands on but knows less about football than the average fan. Hard to see any basis for optimism in that as long as he owns the team.

5. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

The fanbase is bitter. They have every right to be. The team is moving further and further away from winning. ALl Jets fans want is a Super Bowl.

They didnt want an ugly new stadium to share with the Giants
    They didnt want PSL's
    They didnt want a novelty QB(Favre, Sanchez, Tebow)

New York is about winning games. The Jets seem to think its about other things. The franchise hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 40+ years. The amount of shit this fanbase has had to eat from ownership...I dont blame them one bit for being pissed off. Gimmicks do not work in this town. Woody/Tanny/Rex are running this team like its a gimmick, basically living paycheck to paycheck with their decision making, hoping one move sticks. It hasnt worked.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they preferred playing in Giants Stadium in a red and blue stadium?

most teams w/ new stadiums have PSLs

I didn't want Favre or tebow either, Mark has won more playoff games than any QB in team history though.

We have had 3 losing seasons since 1997. This is not the 1970-1996 Jets where they stunk most of the time w/ a few good seasons sprinkled in.

7. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

In what way, shape, or form am I the forum police? I'm not a mod, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though, you seem to be pretty good at throwing out a bunch of bullshit where most people would actually type out these little things called "ideas."

You can opt to not be disgusted with the team all you want, but you're in a group that is rapidly dwindling. There is nothing wrong with wanting a team to win but being opposed to the manner in which they choose to go about it. If you can't realize that, I think you might want to consider waiting until you're a little older before posting and pretending to be an adult (I don't know you, but you seem pretty young. I'm spelling that joke out for you because I also think you're kind of dumb.)

Also, maybe look up a working definition for the concept of irony. I'm not sure you actually understand that word (or lots of others) means.

8. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think we are in for a stretch of unwatchable football for awhile. Letting Tanenbaum resign Mark last offseason was a mistake, and now we are stuck with him for at least 2 more years. Rex is as much responsible for our downfall as Tannenbaum. I'm not sure we can win with Rex anymore, unless he changes his plilosophy and starts putting an emphasis on offensive/ballenced football. I don't expect that. I'm sure most of our draft pick will be to replace the aging players on D that will be gone after this season. Our offense will no improve unless Rex changes this thinking, or he is replaced. His bravado durring all of this has made it 10x worse, and we are the laughing stock of the league.
    Pretty disappointing what the rest of the season will bring. I hope Woody is thinking about this in the offseason. Tough to spend 1200.00 on season tickets when the outlook is so bleak. Rex needs to go, I'm sick of rooting for other teams to loose at the end of the year.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

This is exactly the type of "thinking" which causes teams to perpetually suck because they are more interested in appeasing cranky fans then they are interested in promoting continuity and consistency. Winning organizations ignore these types of tempermental fans who want the coach fired as soon as the team struggles a bit. Its an insane way to run an organization because it leads to chaos, confusion, lack of trust and zero loyalty and cohesion. Jumping on the Coaching carousel ever 4 yrs is a recipe for disaster.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It's also the type of thinking that avoids perpetual mediocrity, ala San Diego. While it's true that continuity and patience wins, when something isn't working you have to let it go sooner rather than later. I think it's apparent to all but the most stubborn that Rex isn't working. He's overmatched.

11. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Let me ask the paient über fan that understands all. We will most likely keep Rex and everyone. Should we improve our offense? Do we need some changes? Should Rex keep doing what he is doing? If we listened to you, Mangini would be our coach. Should Rex get 5 more years regardless? Things would be a lot easier to stomach, if the NYG didn't contend for the SB every year. Most NFL experts think the Jets are a train wreck. We are worse than last year, I'd be happy if we had the same record and looked like things are improving. They are not, and Rex dosent look like he has a clue on how to fix it.
    How many games to you go to? I'm been a season ticket holder since 96. That's a lot of money spent watching the Jets. I'm sure Im not the only one that feels like this about the team

12. BTC

BTC New Member

Fire the whole fucking lot. Fuck sharing a stadium with NYG....move the Jets to Albany.

13. BTC

BTC New Member

Exactly!!!

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i used to blame the media, but really the jets just spoon fed them stories...they asked for this, and they got it.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Does a red/blue stadium play on the field?

Most means some do not so why could not the NYJs have been in that catagory instead of in the pro PSL side?

:sad:

16. championjets69

Hey Barcs R U going to reply to this post?

"IYHO what does "I don't think we're THAT far off" translates to you in years? Like next year, 3 years from now or 5 years from now or 7 years from now or 10 years or more from now? "

:sad:

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets stuck with Joe Walton for a lot longer than they should have.

18. championjets69

Yes but that was under Hess ownership who did not care if they won or lost until he found out that the maker would soon be coming for him :sad:

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

That was a different owner

with what came after...Walton didn't seem so bad.

20. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

I wouldn’t say worst year football-wise, but possibly the most embarrassing. Between Favre and Tebow, I really can’t were Jets stuff in public without hearing what a joke it is. It’s to the point you don’t know what they will pull next, but you can bet it won’t be rational or good.

At least in the bad years, they didn’t do baffling things like tebow. I guess Kotite was baffling, but didn’t seem as embarrassing as Favre or Tebow.