Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It has been a complete breakdown kind of a year. Far from the worst though. Woody needs to get a real GM, give him control, and make the moves he wants. Bringing in Tebow was a major mistake, which was Woody getting involved.

2. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

With all the politeness and respect I can summon, I could not disagree with you more in the totality of your response. On some parts, I agree whole heartedly. I believe that that the QB position is indeed key, if not crucial. That said if you look at the games being played around the league, EVERY TEAM MEMBER is contributing in some way shape or form. It is this concept of team play that is highly underrated in the eyes of the fan nowadays. The individual fan points at 1-however many mistakes the quarterback made, without giving consideration to placing some of the onus on the receiver of the ball. Be the receiver a TE, RB, WR, etc. The offensive line, blocking protecting the QB almost never gets the same criticism with the spewing of venom that the QB receives. NO I'm not a Sanchez apologist, this discussion is not even about him. IMHO what makes a successfully team is one that has a front office capable of evaluating talent, having organizational skills, looking at issues such as depth, salary cap, staff/personal that are highly qualified and unspoken issues such as scouting, and generally the ability to adjust, adapt on the fly. The Bucs didn't crash and burn for the reasons you stated; They slumped, again in my humble opinion, because of many other reasons. Gruden got them over the hill with his tenacity when they needed it most. Dungey=Great in every aspect that you can name, but he took the Bucs as far as they could go. Gruden had plenty of serviceable QB's, but eventually really wore out his own welcome in regards to the fractured relationship he had with his players in the way he treated them(whole nother subject). The Glaziers are a three headed monster with divided interests between Bucs, and Manchester in the U. K. there is a blend of youth-to-middle age all the way to geriatric voices weighing in on things, AND they are family. Again, I'm no expert, look more at the subtleties than x' & o's, but firmly believe ( and this goes for other sports as well ) All phases of, unselfish, and team concept play, after a top of the organization firm foundation has been established is the key for not only one successful campaign, but many to come. Enjoyed the exchange of thoughts Bro, it's all good!!

#182 onefanjet, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IYHO what does "I don't think we're THAT far off" translates to you in years? Like next year, 3 years from now or 5 years from now or 7 years from now or 10 years or more from now?

#183 championjets69, Nov 24, 2012
  4. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

That goes without saying, I thought it was implied. This is why I said lets watch the Niners, they have everything you speak of..besides the franchise QB.

5. Massena

Massena New Member

Ya know, I'm as pissed with this excuse for a football team as anyone else but if I recall correctly, some of the players we are now dissing were the same players we were touting not long ago. If they became so bad very recently wasn't it the job of the GM and the front office to recognize it and replace those players with other players, either through the draft with an eye to the future and to free agency and trades for now.

Now the owner hires and fires the GM.. If the GM sucks who's fault is that? If the team is composed of second stringers and some very good players who are mostly holdovers from a previous regime, who's fault is that? Finally if the team looks dumb and unprepared, who's fault is that? The players may be old or not who we might want but why blame them? Seems to me the JETS problems live in management and owner land and fans should take all their ire out on Woody, Tanny and finally Rex, whom I actually like but after the last outting, OMFG....

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Dude I have the right to say what ever I please if you dont like it you dont have to comment. Im obviously not the only person/fan that feels this way and has the right to feel that way. I have the right to vent and excuse me if I thought this was the place to do so. And if you dont feel some type of way about the season then maybe your not a fan and you just like to hide behind a keyboard and talk your bull.

#186 tanknyc, Nov 24, 2012
  7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Again, if one is embarrassed about something he does, but still continues to do it, then I think we know what to call him. Teams lose all the time. Teams lose big all the time. If ur embarrassed of this team, then don't support it. Talk about hiding behind a keyboard, you're the one who's crying like a little girl and cant take a loss.

8. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

How old are you? I can assure you this shit show has been on the same channel for the past 40 years.

It is a broken franchise and worst of all a laughing stock to a class organization that not only shares the same city but the same fucking stadium.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Oh look...forum police to the rescue. Ironic.

Im disgusted about the game. Im disgusted about the outcome. Im not disgusted with the team.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I just want to be competitive. I'm tired of looking like we don't belong on the same field as some of the teams we play.
    I don't expect us to win every game but damn man, I want to at least be competitive out there.

11. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

I hear ya but I want more. I want to be genuinely competing for a SB and not a long shot underdog as we have been in the past. I just want to taste that feeling for once in my life.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Doesn't matter how old I am. Im not crying like a little girl.

13. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

I see you are all class.

14. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Defense isn't as good as you think it is , not even close. Teams have run on us all year. It's a big weakness. Also neither are S's or backers can cover. Huge problem. And what exactly have we won with Revis? Did I miss a division title or those guaranteed SB victories? Take off the homer glasses. Were a good 3-5 years away from even being close. I'd say closer to five. We have no talent. Constantly over pay for players. We can't draft for shit. And were almost guaranteed another year with Sancheeze and Rex. Actually I'd say closer to 5-7 years away from contending.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ypu should be. And we are embarrassed to embrace you.... It a processes.
    The jets are two competent drafts away from the final two games.

16. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

This is perfectly said, would it be nice to hoist the trophey. Yes, but I just want to see this team compete and not be a total shit show every week.

17. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

The Chargers fans don't talk much because they still have to play us and are somewhat humble but even the Raiders fans make fun of the Jets and Jets fans. It is embarrassing.

18. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

Do you notice when these teams run all over us. It's usually after a few consecutive three and outs or when a nice interception by Ass fumble! Or the ass fumble fumble itself. The only time we actually get a good solid break is when Sanchez ass fumbles the ball and they score.

Look at every other team in the league. No defense can stop every drive. The jets defense just seems to get more chances because of the inept offense we have. You try playing defense when an offense can't give you more than a 2 minute and a half rest between possessions. It's tough.

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

the good news is the next 5 games are against teams with a losing record and we haven't lost to a team with a losing record yet. I can actually see us winning these games. Arizona should be a win, then we go to Jax who who have always beat down and then the Titans i can see us losing that game if we lose to ARI or JAX but if we win these 3 we are back to 500.And we seem to do good against the lesser teams

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Only good news left, but that is a good point.

I'd give us a 20 percent chance of winning out, and a 90 percent chance of going 8-8 (which won't make it to the playoffs).