Ellis denied contract extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, May 13, 2010.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Agreed plus perhaps the JETS are eyeing JOHN HENDERSON. I do not see any way we go into the season with only UDFA's at one DE spot if we trade ELLIS. With the way REX & T have loaded up the team for a SB push, imo, a veteran DLman will be signed if we trade Ellis.

We also have some young talent besides DeVito and Pito. Rod Wright was a talented guy in college. He was injured and fell to the 7th round. he could rush the passer in college. KEVIN BASPED is a UDFA with excellent speed and pass rush ability.

This story can be false and we are spinning our wheels for nothing or REX sees something in Ellis that we don't see. maybe its his knee. Who knows? I just do not see the Jets moving Ellis without adequate protection at DE.

2. nastynice

nastynice New Member

its a business move, signing a 32 yr old DE to a contract extension could be costly and not yield the results that could be achieved through younger, cheaper players

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'm starting to become concerned that the FO is showing these players NO LOYALTY. This might come to bite as in the ass later because the guys are all worried about their contracts instead of just letting them play. We're going in all in for the Superbowl next year. If we don't at least make it deep into the playoffs, not only will we have under performed expectations again, but we are likely to have to give guys up to free agency. I pray we have can hold it together at least for this season.

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Are u guys high? 92 is the backbone, we lose him, and our season is fucked. Better find a way to sign ol' jolly roger. I'll be damed if ellis ever plays for a team other than the Jets. 92 is pure green and white. that's it.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

agreed, im trying not to get too sentimental, but itd be a goddamned shame to see him play for anyone else.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Newsflash brother. The way NFL contracts are structured there is no loyalty in this business. If the jets had the option to, they'd certainly take care of their players but there is limitations on who you can pay and who you can't. The older players will always be last priority. That's why you see these agents play hardball. It's all part of the dance.

if you extend Ellis contract that's someone else you're
    not going to be able
    to pay. Ellis has been on this team a long ass time and has earned some
    decent money in his time here.

Faneca got cut yeah, but he made a nice little severance. even t jones made a lot of money in the first couple of years in his contract. Well above the salary of many backs.

It is what is and I think most NFL players understand that.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

why are you always wrong?