Elevate Zach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Dec 3, 2023.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be allowed to. He should be fired immediately. If you're going to make him lie in the bed he made, then he should have to face the media. Salehs' not the one that fucked this whole thing up, yet he's sent out there answering for Douglas' incompetence. It's just shameful.

papapump and BacktoQueens like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Boyle has the same mental issues as Zach minus the rocket arm and athleticism. Seimian, I can't be sure but I think he's just dumb. Nobody wanted these guys for a reason. We're not winning any more games unless we do it on accident.

3. jets_fan

The Jets would still find a way to lose even if the other team didn't even show up to stadium.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I point you to 2020, games 14 and 15, so as to refresh your memory about this franchise and what it does when "expected" to do something.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I feel for Saleh, I really do. I actually like him. He is a good DC, and he is probably a good leader as well. He will find a DC job in a pinch. And he did take care of his side of the ball. But how can we fire JD and leave the head coach? Saleh also cannot find good OCs, which is critical, which is why a HC should be with successful OC coordinator background, so that he can call plays. In many ways JD fucked Saleh as you said. But it is a package deal I am afraid, and JD must go.

6. jets_fan

He should have never fired LaFleur. LaFleur's offense was actual competent when he had JAG journeymen like Josh Johnson and Mike White, and a washed up Joe Flacco, leading the team. We would have been fine if they could have gotten LaFleur a decent QB. I don't blame Saleh for Hackett. Before he made that hire, I'm sure it was already decided that it was Rodgers or bust, and they knew they needed Hackett to pull off that acquisition. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a Douglas decision as well. Saleh continues to defend him just like he defends Douglas' other debacle in Zach Wilson.

Jets79 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

MILF was certainly better than Hack, and you are probably right - if we had a good veteran QB, or Zach turned out to be Stroud like standout, he could have been fine. But Zach came from the small school and the truth was he needed seasoning, and based on all reports MILF just wasn't good developing young QBs - he needed someone competent right away. Plus Saleh fired him. Hack may have been hired with Rodgers in mind, but it was a long shot and cannot be the reason to hire someone you know is incompetent. It was not just on JD, Saleh has to take a blame for his own OC.

And herein like the point, Saleh NEEDs to get OC right for a given circumstance. And he didn't do it twice. And even if he does get a good OC, if he has good success, he will be poached. The he has to do it again. Hence the better way is to have an OC as a HC. Then you can sustain it. It's much easier to find a good DC. Heck, even Saleh will be available this offseason. And Ulbrich is calling plays this year and is doing all right too, he may be OK on his own at this point.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

We tried that once before, and it was an all-time disaster as the coach was coaching for his job, the GM was drafting for the future, and, hold your hat as this may surprise you, we were a laughing stock. I know that's rare, but it is true!!!

REVISion likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd like to think, or hope, that any new HC hire would retain Ulbrich as DC.

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Yeah it was unfortunate that AR went out after just 4 plays and no one was expecting to ever see Boyer play a single snap. But you got a 40 year old QB without has missed few games in recent career, and the planned for ZW was to sit him a year, JD couldn’t get a solid vet QB as back up when you’re in win now mode?

HomeoftheJets and stinkyB like this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We keep blaming the issues on offense on the QB. It did not matter what back-up was brought in and had to play behind this o-line, these bad receivers and horrible play calling. We always blame the QB but it is much deeper than that.

We should be bashing JD for the O-line (even healthy it was bad) and the lack of number 2 wideout.

Hacket seems like a decent practice coach but a horrible play-caller and game-day coach.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

BTW: I guess I missed it if it was discussed here, or announced, but when did Hackett move up to the box? This is what LaFleur finally did and it greatly improved his ability to call plays (not that it helped him with the other issues he had).

Of course at this point it probably doesn't much matter what he does, or where he does it from.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk but Hackett did the same thing in Jacksonville right before he got fired. He moved from the sideline to the box, it didn’t improve their putrid passing game and he was fired

REVISion likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A year ago Nathaniel Hackett stripped himself of play calling duties in Denver

but here with the Jets, his job is secure

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He moved up to the booth a game or two ago.

I said he should work from home... the tech is there... ;)

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's interesting because MLF moved up to the booth right after Zach got hurt his first year. And while many attributed the improvement in the offense to better QB play (i'm sure that was part of it), it was probably due more to LaFLeur being able to make better decisions from a higher vantage point. If Zach does return to the field this week, maybe Hackett being in the box will help him too.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters where Hackett is. There is just an overwhelming amount of evidence that he's a terrible OC. At least with MLF you could attribute it to growing pains since it was his first OC gig. Hackett's been at this for almost a decade and has been terrible the entire time other than a year or so.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would like a new head coach who would consider every possible candidate for every coaching staff job, meaning objectivity rules and Ulbrich is neither advanced before a better guy nor rated below somebody not as well equipped for the job.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's a lot more than a higher vantage point, it's also a set of monitors, probably with replay capability. I don't know why any play caller would stay at field level unless he had really good spotters upstairs.