Elephant in the room: How soon till Tebow is the starter?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by davecrazy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You complete me.

Ok. So, I'll concede to you that my argument is perhaps flawed if you look at the specifics of the contract. I honestly didn't know the exact numbers or terms off-hand. I just remember Kolb being given a big contract last year, then he sucked, and now Skelton is starting. As I said, I'm lazy, but I trust that you did your research and are correct about the specifics.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow was the first round draft pick of the Broncos. That he's never had an off-season devoted to his success is mainly a result of the fact that the guy who drafted him got fired almost immediately thereafter, with one of the obvious reasons being that he wasted a first round pick on Tebow.

Then you had the new administration coming in and watching in disbelief at his impersonations of an NFL QB and going in another direction.

This was during the lockout year where nobody got a chance, although there's no reason to believe the Broncos were going to install Tebow anyway at that point.

Now you have Tebow joining the circus in NY, only the elephants are all limping and the clowns are running the whole show.

Somewhere in here it has to become clear to people that the reason Tim Tebow can't catch a break is that he's not an acceptable passer and he hasn't done much to change that since he arrived in the NFL.

It can't be that hard to change your mechanics when your mechanics are as completely flawed as Tebow's are. This isn't fine tuning we're talking about here. Tebow does things that no NFL QB can get away with. He holds the ball too low. He has an exaggerated wind-up that takes forever. His release is slow and the release point is too low because he holds the ball low and then winds up to throw it. His poor accuracy is a direct result of his bad mechanics.

It's not like people haven't pointed all of the above out ad nauseum at this point. For whatever reasons Tim Tebow can't make simple adjustments to become a better NFL QB.

That's the problem.

In a different NFL with a very smart coach Tim Tebow might become the Billy Kilmer of today. Instead he's the Bobby Douglass. Bob Griese threw 11 passes in the 1972 Super Bowl to beat the Redskins. Billy Kilmer threw 28 passes very poorly and his team lost. They didn't get embarrassed because they weren't facing a high-octane offense on the day.

#162 Br4d, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012