Elephant in the room: How soon till Tebow is the starter?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by davecrazy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

I am not saying it was a good throw, it wasn't. I also have stated for the record that I am not too down on the pick 6 pass, it is the preseason. So keeping in mind that the pass was not a good one.

I agree with Bannon that the receiver should have been stopped or working back when he saw Tebow scramble especially rolling right and having to throw across his body, but that is a minor thing so I wouldn't fault Hill

When the ball is thrown from 30 yards out Hill is on the three yard line driftin at 25% speed, at the end of the play he is in the endzone and cleary slips as he tries to come back for the ball. It should have been a better pass, and I am not going to put a slip on an receiver especially when he is trying to bactrack a short pass, but I think had he not slipped it would have been caught. That is why I am not too down on it, but was curious if others thought it was even catchable if he had not slipped. Just because I am not ready to crucify the guy doesnt mean I think it was a good pass or all on the receiver. It is the preseson so I don't get too down on much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvAraEF340

play is at approx 37 sec mark

#61 catfish, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

If Hill goes to his right it makes the pass even harder,because then he has to get it over a DB.

3. catfish

catfish New Member

ok, but in your opinion after watching the replay did he slip? and if he was able to plant when the ball was thrown instead of losing his feet does he make the catch, doesn't change the fact that the throw was crappy, just genuinely curious, because it looks like momentum caused a hop and a slip. which again is not fault on him just curious if better communication on what to do during a scramble drill could help....not that it really matters on 2nd team play

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Game 1 if Sanchez keeps sucking.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I think he went down to get it, but I can see where it may look like he sliped. Bottom line is if Tebow puts where it should be we wouldn't be having this talk. The REAL bottom line is if the Jets don't get rid of Hunter it not going to matter who playing QB.

6. catfish

catfish New Member

I can agree with it being a poor throw and a moot point unles Hunter gets better, the slip we can agree to disagree, but I appreciate the input

7. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Are you seriously blaming Hill for that? Really? This is fucking absurd, Hill was WIDE OPEN with no one near him for at least 8 yards. I don't care if you have 8 JPPs chasing you, how does a professional QB not make that throw???

I don't care if he should have planted his foot or what, Hill was BARELY moving, and the ball gets thrown at his feet 2 yards short? I watched that game in person and Hill was just standing there wondering when Tebow will realize that he's open.

8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Take it from a UF alumni who loves him some Tebow, that throw sucked. Trying to rationalize that throw is a bad move. That being said, he still did slightly better last night than Sanchez, again.

9. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Not sure how one can see Tebow's play against the backups as slightly better than Sanchez play against the starters. 5-14 is pretty slim pickings.

I was most dissapointed by Tebow's attempt to scold Hill for not coming back to the throw. Hill went to the endzone and stood still as a target. Should have been a TD. No need for him to try to lay blame on Hill. Tebow screwed up.

10. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Rer: The Hill pass. Should Hill have stopped or even come back towards Tebow ? Don't know, as I haven't sat in on practices and heard what the "scramble drill rules" are in that situation.

As to the throw in question, it was a 30+ yard, across body, off his left foot while running throw. Plain and simple, he didn't get enough on the ball. He's thrown that kind of pass many times before, but I don't know if he's practiced it with his changed mechanics.

I'm relatively sure that A: he will practice that throw and will put more air under it next time, or stop and set his feet, and B: he and the receivers will be on the same page about scramble drills in the future, (if that was part of the problem.)

11. Demosthenes9

The throw was 30+ yards, across his body, on the run and off his left foot. All that, and it was only a yard short. has to be fixed/corrected, but it hardly "sucked". If they had been on the left sideline, or if a right handed QB had thrown that pass, it's an all together different story and I'd agree with you.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Will u Tebow nuts please stop making excuses for TT. If he can't make that throw he should not and will not be a QB in the NFL.

13. Demosthenes9

I'd wager that quite a few "real NFL QBs" couldn't make that throw consistently.

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Dude my high school QB I coach can make that throw.

15. Demosthenes9

Really ? That exact throw ? Hint: It wasn't just a 30+ yard pass down field.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

It just amazes me how u Tebow nuts always have to have a excuse for him. I understand ur a fan of his but u really need to look at how he playing with a open mind.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What a joke.

18. Demosthenes9

What excuse ? I pointed out the reality of it. he was running cross step to the right, threw the ball across his body and off his rear (left) foot. It was a difficult throw and he simply didn't get enough on it ad left it a yard short.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Why don't you point out how bad he as looked in preseason so far? Imo I don't think TT looked good enough to even be the back up QB.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It's not that he can't make that throw, he's made similar throws before. It's that he did not make that throw and he should have. It was a bad pass. Great read, bad pass. You won't hear any excuses from me, though I will caveat that it wasn't an easy throw to make.