Dustin Keller doesnt want to be franchised (lol)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

$5.962 million is way more than Keller is going to get (per year) wherever he goes...I understand not wanting to be franchised but I don't think the Jets would pay that much to keep him.

2. Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy New Member

Poor Dustin. Maybe he is concussed too.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If Keller lands in the right place I think he could be a lot better than he ever was here. He'd be great in Denver with Peyton Manning.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You can say that about any TE with good hands, their production is qb dependent more than any other. Gronk and Graham are so awesome because they have Brady and Brees throwing to them.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think a lot of people under rate Keller. He isn't the best blocker, but he does help the run game and definitely helps the passing game. Too bad he was injured most of the year. I think Keller will be back for cheaper than we think. Without Keller or Holmes, Sanchez never had a chance this year. They showed how crucial they are by being hurt this year.

#25 Barcs, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Next year you'll get more bang for the buck from Cumberland.

7. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Keller is an overrated, injury prone TE who can't block.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

lol keller is lucky he gets a job next year. with that the jets should bring him back, hopefully for the right price.

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Franchise his azz.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

All the talk of Keller will be lucky to get a job next year is retarded. He's a great pass catching TE when healthy. This is the first year where he spent extended time on the IR. If you don't think Dustin Keller can get a job with ease next season you are fucking retarded.

11. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Another idiot on this team I don't want to see back next year. Time to get rid of all negative energy from this team and start fresh.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol exactly. It really cracks me up him bringing up other businesses not doing that as if most employess wouldn't jump at the opportunity to be paid at the average of a top 5 employee at their position for one year. NFL players crack me up with their ability to still somehow feel this sense of being mistreated even though mainly genetic gifts are what got them where they are.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Who wouldn't?

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Well maybe we bring him back on a 3 year deal. Of all our free agents Landry and Keller and Bell are the only ones I want back. Bell will take another 1 year deal at his age, and Landry deserves a 5 year deal at best, Keller is the big question mark but Landry must be top priority, I hope the new GM will realize that it would really piss me off if Landry left because the new GM bungled the fuckin deal

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's true, but I'm still not completely sold on him. He's improved this year, but I still think he needs time before he could have an impact like Keller. I also like the idea of dual TE receiving threat. It's a good option to have. Keller was a leading receiver for a couple years. That production is difficult to replace.

I know money will be tight, but I don't think the solution to our woahs is to get rid of our best players on offense (ie Holmes, Keller). Both of them were missed big time and oddly enough they are on the top of many people's shitcan list. Tanny's biggest flaw in his later tenure has been adequately replacing lost talent.

#35 Barcs, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

All the good teams have two real threats at TE , We need to move into that direction, Bring back Keller and sign Delanie Walker and Cumberland if he comes cheap

17. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Poor Helen Keller. Don't worry pumpkin, it'll never happen, even with the dipshits running this team. You drop too many passes for that kind of salary.

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

franchised? lol

it's no certainty the jets will even offer him a contract.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The guy is averaging 3 td's a year for his career. He is a pass catching TE that cannot block and is injury prone. Would he catch on somewhere else? Certainly. That doesn't mean he is worth big money, and is certainly not "great". If the Jets can bring him back cheap, he could be a useful tool. They certainly should not overpay or overvalue him.

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Add this guy to the BUST column, hence why Tanny is gonna get the axe.

At best, Keller was Mark's go to receiver during years we had a carousel at the WR position. His biggest problem is that he can't stay healthy. I would not mind bringing him back for a vet min or near that figure, but in no way should we break the bank for this guy. Even better if we can get any draft pick for him.

I think that going forward, it should be a priority to get a top tight end for this team. He could very well be there security blanket our future QB needs in a league where passing is everything.