Dustin Keller = BUST (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Apr 26, 2008.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Big target in the Red Zone is just what we needed although I don't think we needed to trade up for him

2. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

I agree with most responses about this pick, I mean you trade up into the first round and this is what you do with the pick. He can't even block, not even as good as baker. All this is because they don't want to spend the money on their own players who they have already developed. That's sad if you ask me. You can't tell me Baker isn't better than Franks who they paided over a million for the upcoming season. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Does this mean Jets are stuck with Chad for years to come? Brilliant.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Meh. I'm not going to get all bent about giving up a 4th to get a guy they obviously targeted - rightly or wrongly. I've had MUCH more to complain about in terms of day-one idiocy.

5. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I think that the Dallas Clark analogy is what we should zero in on.

This guy, Keller, is not a blocker, he's a bulked up wide receiver.

We will use him like a Dallas Clark, and he will take a world of pressure off our WRs down the seams, across the middle and in the flat cleared out by the streaking WR.

He is faster than any linebacker and most safeties.

He catches everything thrown to him.

I think the prior picks of TEs alluded to in previous posts on this thread are irrelevant to this guy.

For example, I don't think that Kyle Brady would have been drafted by this regime, because he was a small tackle, not a tight end.

I don't think that Johnny Mitchell would have been drafted by this regime, because he was an egomaniac who didn't know how to work on his talent.

I don't think that Anthony Becht would have been drafted by this regime, because he never met a football that he could catch.

I think that this CS and FO of the NYJs have a plan to generate pass catching for a big fast H-back in the manner of Dallas Clark coming from the slot, or in motion, or from the tight end position. This was what the Colts relied upon when Harrison went doown this year and if Clark had not dropped so many passes they would have ridden this tactics much deeper into the playoffs in 07.

The CS have a good idea about getting more receiving action -- they want to AUGMENT our existing skill sets at WR, not REPLACE them.

Chris Baker is a phenomenal pass catcher close in the red zone where his speed is not a factor, but he is is too slow and easy to cover to provide a Dallas Clark alternative down the seam or in the flat or short post.

This guy, Keller, has been selected with a plan in mind, that the more I think about it, the smarter it seems to be.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

And we wonder why Jets fans get bad rap re: the draft.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

If he catches 8 touchdowns, I could give a shit about a few missed blocks. Really.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My advice would be to put me on ignore then, because if things go the way I think there going to go at this point I am going to be a loud bleeding interruption to the kool-aid drinkers this season.

I've seen enough out of this FO at this point to be about 90% sure they are wankers who just got lucky in 2006.

9. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Thanks for the insight.
    Let me know when the Jets pick Peyton Manning.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Or have Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne on the roster.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

my 2 cents

:mad:we went into this draft with many needs, and few picks. to pick a tight end, imo, is a big waste of a pick.

i am not questioning the ability of the player, just the thinking of the FO. i, for one, am pissed.

12. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

THIS PICK SUCKS............................................................................... trading away a 2nd and 4th for a TE we dont need..................................
    what ever happend to DRAFTING FOR NEED????????????????????????????

13. 624

624 Banned

make that "weak armed 2nd string QB"

14. Salz

Salz New Member

I usually agree with your posts but I think Tennenbaum has done a good job overall since taking over. Harris and Revis were excellent picks last year and worth the trade ups. Washington and Smith were solid little picks. Mangold is great. It remains to be seen on Brick. Lets see if his free agent pickups work out; that will be a huge factor in judging how good of a GM he is.

15. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I like the pick, I think he will be a nice target in the open field and in the red zone. It's a bit of a reach and I wanted Sweed but... I can't complain.

And hey... New Yorkers/Jet fans are doing what they do best, bitch at every little thing...

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

And this wasn't appropriate in the "Dustin Keller=bust" thread because . . . ?

17. KERRYRHODES25

KERRYRHODES25 New Member

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=28fZ0_-q1bA[/YOUTUBE]

18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

thanx for another thread on the same topic as the other 2 already out there... very productive

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. This didn't need it's own thread.

2. We needed help on offense. A playermaker is what we wanted. Dustin Keller makes plays. He looks to be the best receiver in this year's draft. There's a reason why all of these WRs fell so far.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member