Drafting A QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I really think Kenny O gets shit on because of the whole Marino thing, the guy had an incredible skill set but when you have the walking turnstile Jeff Criswell, the human holding machine Dave Cadigan and the horrible Mike Haight in front of you it's hard to be an elite QB. Had the Jets had a good OL he would have had big time success.

I said that Hundley reminds me of Kenny O because he holds the ball too long much like Kenny did. A lot of sacks with Kenny came to a poor OL but a lot also from the fact that he held the ball too long.

freemantoon likes this.
  2. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

For next year I think what the Jets should do is this

- Sign either Bryan Hoyer or Carson Palmer. Hoyer has proven he can play at a high level but I suspect they are going to roll with Manziel sooner then later. They traded up and used a 1st round pick on him. If they trade him now they may get a 3rd rounder. Palmer will be the best veteran by far on the market. He's very turnover prone but when your other options are Sanchez, Moore, and Ponder, there's really no choice.

- Draft Mariota if we can, if not take a QB in round 3 or 4. Jets, Bills, Titans, Texans, Cardinals, Rams. Those are the only 6 teams in the league right now that will be in the market for a QB, and the Rams are questionable because Davis has played really well. Of those 6 the Jets will have the worst record, which means Marcus may be ours if we want him. If not then we should get Cooper as our stud WR, and then take Hundley, Petty, or Fajardo. I would take Fajardo, he's Kaepernick JR. and is much more accurate then him.

- Keep Geno. With this shitty cast of talent this year, he deserves atleast one more training camp to show if he can be the guy. At the very least he can be a quality backup, which most teams don't have.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This thread makes me want to vomit.

It's a regurgitation of ESPN doodoo.

I don't even think most of you people watch the games of the players you talk about.

Fitting that the most previous post is one of the worst...
    This is a nightmare scenario.

Red Menace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How long is Orton's deal in Buffalo?

5. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

How it is a nightmare scenario. I said sign the best QB possible, draft either Mariotta or someone in the 3rd or 4th round, and keep Geno.

What the fuck do people expect, we are going to hit up the Packers and ask if they are interested in trading Rodgers. Maybe Denver will just send Manning our way, you never know.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If you watched the games you would know that Drew Stanton is better than Carson Palmer. Besides that Palmer has nerve damage in his arm. You also advocate trading high value draft picks for a journeyman level QB. But now you're saying sign the best QB available and draft one. Name dropping Mariota because you don't know anything else and that's the hot name on this board right now. Thanks captain obvious.

#86 74, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  7. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

+1 for forming your own opinions and not regurgitating everything ESPN says.

8. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

While it's fine to bandy all these names around, why is it the Jet's haven't been able to develop a QB? O'Brien and Pennington were the last 2 i recall that were homegrown and became good QB's. Is that on the staff for not properly scouting and the OC's and QB coaches not effectively communicating. If so, regardless how talented the player maybe it's time for the jets to look at those areas first.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hard to believe that we had Drew Stanton on the roster shortly before we trade for that fuckworth Tebow.

Yeah, not so hard to believe.

God I hate this team.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

But my refrigerator repair guy told me Tebow is a good QB.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Was he gay?

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I've been a proponent of the idea of drafting a QB every year until you hit, mostly because the rookie contracts are cheap now.

I'm leaning towards a half-joking idea now of, spend an entire draft on nothing but QBs...one of them has to be pretty good, right?? Draft 7, cut 4, and now you have your 3 QBs, all rookies. See what happens. The team sucks right now anyway, what's another year of having no one fill in some of those weaknesses??

legler82 likes this.
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

you know the fridge wasn't really broken
    Haha. Why not.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL...We have enough money to fill in a lot of weaknesses via FA so we could do it. We could do a more realistic version of that by drafting 2 - 3 QBs and see if 1 sticks, not unlike what WAS did with RGIII and Cousins.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

In the draft forum back in March I did one of those Computer drafts and picked QBs in all 7 rounds.

_

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was reading through the posts to see who would bring up Mett.

He is a QB i would not mind the jets trading for, he played in a pro style offense, and played really well against top college teams.

Big QB with a big time arm, can make all the throws, he is going to be the top QB in the NFL once he gets his opportunity.

JMO

Chadchrebet likes this.
  17. JStokes

I can't see Tennessee trading him. They like him too much. Perfect spot too, sit for a year or 2 and then he takes over.

_

Red Menace likes this.
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I completely forgot TEN drafted Mett. Damn, we're really like the only QB needy team not to take advantage of the young QB sale that went on in this past May draft. Oh wait, there's Tajh…nm then. If Mett gets to play this year and plays well that might be one less QB hungry team to have to worry about in the Suck for the Duck, win iota for Mariota and/or carcass for Marcus race.

19. JStokes

Whether he plays at all or not wont matter, I don't think. I think they believe they've found a good you QB to develop into a franchise type guy.

But they COULD be a trade up partner for us :D

_

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok the play on words regarding losing football games for a certain player is getting out of hand.. "win iota for mariota?" haha

too bad testaverde wasn't the top prospect this year. I'd like to see you wordsmiths come up with that one