Drafted John Conner - FB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 88toon, Apr 24, 2010.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Yes, his leg, sorry. The point is that his mobility is severely hindered and his value was not very high because of it. I'm surprised we got anything for him to be honest...the guy can't even run in different directions yet, just straight.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

For what it's worth, Tanny just said that "it would be hard to have Leon back for opening week". I think his timetable to come back is probably 3-4 games into the season for him to be at an effective level. This makes me feel better about the trade, since he wasn't coming back in 2011 anyway. Keeping him for 12 games or so when we just got McKnight doesn't make sense. Connor was one of Rex's favorite guys in the draft according to Tannenbaum. I'm willing to let Rex bring in some of his guys into our system and get rid of some of the older ones.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i can't believe we gave up a pick and Leon for the "Leader of the Resistance".......Cam Thomas was still on the board when we grabbed Connor....aaarrghh!!

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Remember Gabe Watson?

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

good. I was right. Leon wasn't coming back for the start of the season.

I still think the Seahawks could IR him. That injury is nasty. I knew Keels was full of shit.

Holy fuck I hate that agent

6. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Compare the trade to the Holmes trade and then ask yourself how the fuck did we get a 5th rounder for Leon?! Leon might never be the same player and we still got the same value as we gave up for Holmes, a player with just off the field issues.

I personally think it was a great trade and John Conner looks like a smart kid who works hard, glad to have him on the team.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Which is why I am really glad that we stayed away from Cody.

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This is a great investment. We'll get to make "you've just got terminated" and "hasta la vista, baby" jokes whenever John Conner trucks someone.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

This was probably a good move. Conner used to give Ole Miss trouble when we played them.

Leon's not going to make a full recovery. Seattle got the bad end of that deal.

10. 624

624 Banned

If Rex saw something in Thomas he would have gotten him.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

right now we all were hoping for depth on the DL...but fullback is the most overlooked position on a team...Tell me how important T-Rich was for us.

12. Nova

Nova New Member

It won't be easy replacing T-Rich when he is gone soon, but I really liked the pick with Connor. Before the draft it looked like we were putting so much into the win now mentality with players on the last year of contracts. Acquiring Holmes, Edwards, and Taylor is great for the upcoming season, but I think it was a good choice to look beyond 2010 with the draft picks. No one knows for sure how these picks will pan out, but we all know that they all have two good legs that will be ready to compete at training camp. We all loved Leon. There were too many question marks to go all in for a role player.

#152 Nova, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

So many people don't, which is funny because this board was having the same heart attack every time we passed on him, and he kept sliding and sliding. I think he actually went in the 5th as well, to Arizona right? I don't even think he is on a roster anymore...

edit: indeed he was drafted by Zona, and in 4 seasons he has yet to start a game and had 28 total tackles all of last year... So watson hasn't exactly been anything other than your basic below average JAG.

#153 nyjetsrule, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If it weren't for the Ravens being a admn good franchise, I think Cody could easily never live up to his draft status because it seems none of his clients ever seem to have a long, prosperous career.

15. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Cam Thomas has the same knock on Vernon Gholston coming out of college. He takes too many plays off.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cam Thomas has 330 reasons why he takes a few plays off here and there.

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

What's your thinking about why Cam Thomas dropped so far? I was considering him for our 2nd round pick...

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

just a guess here, but I would assume its a few things, one being he isnt nearly as versatile as we fans thought. He takes too many plays off. We might have overvalued him because of his position as a 3-4 nose, of course there is also the possibility that the teams made a mistake and he is going to be everything we thought he could be...

But which do you think is more likely? Draftniks on a Jets board over valued him, or the NFL teams messed up? Me, I am going to guess we over valued him.

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

You could be right, but there were mocks made by people who don't post on TGG who had Cam Thomas going much earlier than the 5th round, if I remember correctly.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Oh man would that be a terrible pickup. They'd have to give him a contract to make sure he stayed on the roster next season without any clue how he was going to be coming back off IR.