dolphins owner predicts super bowl in 2010, and that henne will be better than marino

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ajetsfan4ever, Jun 6, 2010.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

2. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Brady started for 2 years at Michigan. You're thinking of Matt Cassell

4. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Just a case of the Dolphins orginization trying to keep pace with the Jets and not wanting to get out did by the Jets so the owner says this. Pretty sad he pretty much says the same exact thing Ryan has said.

On another note since when did saying that you see your team playing in the Super Bowl during the off-season become news? It's the off-season, guys and teams are working out, practicing, training for the up-coming season. It's a fresh start of course all 32 teams are gonna say they see themselves playing there.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

oh my! HOLY FUCK DID THE HEAD OF A FOOTBALL FRANCHISE SAY HE WILL BE IN THE SUPERBOWL? I BET HES A FAT FUCK LIKE REX RYAN! LETS GET THIS THREAD 99 PAGES ON WHY HE WONT SHUT HIS FAT TRAP.

oh shit I thought Rex Ryan said this.

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

well...henne was the best QB at Michigan so it must mean he'll be better then marino.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

See if this was Finheaven this thread probably would have wound up in the NYJ forum.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

and 12 pages.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It's ok guys I can definitely give you the reason for this quote.

You see the water down here is horrible. In Miami they mix Chrystal Meth in the water. No worries they are preparing to start using Crack Cocaine next month. They figure that will cut down on the hallucinations and delusional thoughts.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

As an Irish fan, Henne never scared me and he was never there during the big moments of his games. He let App St. beat him and coulden't take them apart that day.

Miami could be good this year but the Henne kool-aid has to stop.

11. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Ross talks big about team, QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5257194

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan isn't the only personality talking big in the AFC East. Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is thinking big, too, and not afraid to let everyone know about it.

Ross, who was honored Saturday for a donation he made to help renovate the field at Miami Beach High School, said he believes his team will be playing in Super Bowl XLV in February 2011.

AFC East blog
    ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"I think in February, we will be playing in the Super Bowl," Ross told reporters.

Ryan, true to form, has also previously stated that he expects the Jets to be playing in the Super Bowl.

Ross, who bought 50 percent of the team in 2008 and became majority owner in January 2009, said he's not putting pressure on coach Tony Sparano with his bold talk.

"He thinks that too, and so does every player on the team. You just have to go out and do it," Ross told reporters.

Ross wasn't done there with his big talk. When he introduced Chad Henne at the event, he shared his hopes for what the quarterback can accomplish in a Dolphins uniform.

"I'm sure, and I'm hoping -- as everybody else is -- that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphin history. And you know what that will mean," Ross told reporters.

The Dolphins owner said he wasn't worried about putting pressure on Henne by saying he hopes he can be better than all-time Dolphins great Dan Marino, who retired after the 1999 season.

"Henne can handle the pressure,'' Ross told reporters. "That I can tell you. He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman and was playing in front of 110,000 people and led them to the Big Ten championship. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

After a surprising 11-5 record and an AFC East title in the 2008 season, Miami stumbled to 7-9 in 2009. This offseason, Miami added receiver Brandon Marshall to give Henne another weapon on offense and signed linebacker Karlos Dansby to boost the defense.

The New England Patriots won the AFC East in 2009 and have finished atop the division in six of the past seven seasons.

12. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I'm curious how that rushing attack will hold up as the year progresses.

Ronnie is a cat, and he must be on life eight or nine by now. Ricky? He might have another good year in him; he might not.

All I really know about Chad Henne is this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8[/YOUTUBE]

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I better not hear any more complaining about RR's big mouth from blowhole fans after their tirades this past month.

14. GreenMachine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady#College_career

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA Thank you so much for posting that! I've never seen it before...:up:

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

See here is a fair and balanced summary. Good running game, should have a decent passing game. OK defense. They will be a playoff threat. Henne is the key, I agree as well.

But Henne vs. Marino. I hated Marino with a passion, but he was one of the all time greats and one of the best arms...ever. What a quick release he had. Henne is no Marino, and never will be.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Henne hyperbole out of hand?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24004/henne-hyperbole-out-of-hand

I understand why the Miami Dolphins and their fans are geared up about Chad Henne.

For nearly 30 years -- between Bob Griese and Dan Marino, with help from Earl Morrall and David Woodley -- the Dolphins could count on a franchise quarterback. They've been searching for another since Marino retired a decade ago.

Henne looks like he might be the guy to end the parade of Marino's successors. With the exception of 2001, another new quarterback has started a game for Miami each year. In four of those 10 seasons, at least two quarterbacks who'd never started for the Dolphins before were given the nod.

But Dolfans seem to be going a little too gaga over Henne.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross made headlines over the weekend with some bold declarations, saying he thinks the Dolphins will be in the Super Bowl this season and promoting Henne's potential to be the greatest quarterback to wear the aqua and orange.

"Chad has been the greatest quarterback the University of Michigan has had," said Ross, a Michigan alum himself, "and I'm sure that I'm hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history -- and you know what that will mean."

I do know what that will mean.

Depending on your preferred measurement of success, Henne would have to either:

A) rewrite the NFL record book to be considered better than Marino, or

B) win three Super Bowls to be considered better than Griese. And maybe go undefeated for a season in the process.

It's way too soon to be talking like this, no?

"Henne can handle the pressure,'' Ross added. "That I can tell you. He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman and was playing in front of 110,000 people and led them to the Big Ten championship.

"I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

Ross is correct when he says Henne is the "greatest quarterback the University of Michigan has had" -- based on career stats.

There was a guy named Tom Brady before him. Others to pass through the program include future Pro Bowlers Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac and Brian Griese. Pete Elliott, Benny Friedman and Harry Newman are Michigan quarterbacks in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Henne has a bright future ahead of him, but I don't know if Dolphins supporters are doing him -- or themselves -- any favors by ratcheting the expectations for a player with 13 starts, 12 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in his career.

Big-play receiver Brandon Marshall certainly will help, but Henne still has a lot of growing to do before he should be compared with the best quarterbacks in Dolphins history.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

^^^ I agree this Dolphins Owner is saying bolder shit than Rex does. Passing Marino's records etc? I wonder if he is fat like Rex Ryan..if so we should just spam 'omg tha fat tanned fuk in florida' like the phin fans.

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Hey, I got banned for swearing! At least I'm literate...