Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The league has strict policies concerning the divulging of info around substance abuse issues. Aside from that, when you're an alcoholic/drug addict, the effects are way more impactive than a hangover, or other physical issues. Some athletes can play through it with some effectiveness - Micky Mantle would be an example - and others are debilitated. From the little I know about ASJ, he might fall into to this latter category. I'm still hoping it's something else with him.

K'OB likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting Cutler to play poorly. Dolphins WR's should be open as our secondary (aside from Adams & Maye) are garbage

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Not sure you can really say that about the Raider game. Claiborne kept Cooper pretty quiet and while Burris was roasted several times and Skrine was, well, Skrine, the lack of pressure we applied to Carr is going to make any secondary creak and groan. As far as the D goes I think the team have much bigger issues to addres.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The defense is the our weakness as it stands right now, which is a direct questioning of Bowles ability as a HC (a former DC, and a HC that essentially coaches the defense). Our d-line is not getting much pressure, our cornerbacks aren't playing well, and Lee and Davis are getting bulldozed out there.

Cooper was relatively quiet, but I also think it was by design to target Burris. Crabtree took his lunch money and our d-line, who was stout against the run not too long ago, finds itself not being able to stop any running back.

Jay Ajayi is a brutal runner. I expect no different this upcoming weekend. We will probably be competitive for 2-3 quarters and we will fold again via a mistake, a miscue on defense, etc.

Skrine will be cut in the offseason with 6 or so million being saved. He is purely a slot corner and has never really lived up to his contract.

5. MoWilkBeast

Wasn't trying to imply that the D isn't a problem, just that the other parts of it you mentioned are more of a problem than the secondary. Your observations are undoubtedly accurate and you could be right that Cooper was quiet by design as well. The corners definitely aren't going to hold up without some pressure being generated by the front 7, if they can do that then we'll get more of an idea about how bad the secondary really is.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if he has. It's a definitely possibility, however. We'll just have to wait and see. By "game shape" Blowes may have been referring to the fact ASJ hasn't been hitting anyone or getting hit, and that does have an effect.

7. NCJetsfan

Blowes is a certified idiot, so there's no telling what he meant, but I think he was referring to the fact that ASJ hasn't blocked or tackled anyone or been tackled/hit by anyone. Players have to get used to that after time away from playing.

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I don't know, NC. Players get hurt and miss multiple weeks without practice and then get activitated and play on game day quite often. OBJ wasn't being hit in practice last week, I promise you.

9. NCJetsfan

You're right about the injured players. That's a good point. Maybe ASJ did have a relapse with his drinking or eating. I hope not for his sake. If he did, then that's on Blowes. ASJ could come in and work out every day. The Jets should have been checking in with him at night and while he was there during the day and helping him stay on the straight and narrow.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He said, "he's got to get in a little better shape which can be expected after 2 weeks off", it's not the "damn, he let himself go to shit" that Cimini made it out to be. I can't remember their practice schedule but that was his 1st or 2nd practice after coming back. Seems to me, just another case of a reporter trying to rile up the fan base.

K'OB, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And the fan base taking the hook like a starving trout

The Waterboy and grkmanga31 like this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

Guilty. Sorry only saw the headline this time... should know better by now.

FJF likes this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do they ?
    I'm not having that at all, it has been 2 weeks, he hasn't been Mia for a season or 3 it is 2 weeks hell I am sure his body can cope with a bit of pushing and shoving or even a lot pushing and shoving as it is likely to be on our OL lol

14. K'OB

And it seems it has been over exaggerated by our friendly reporter again.

Who needs fucking enemies with that shithead reporting on us. :mad:

BacktoQueens likes this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Who's goin' tomorrow? NOT ME, YAAAAAAAY!!! My sis-in-law called me up last night and said she really wanted to go with her baby bro to the game. "Is that OK?" "Is that OK, what kind of question is that? I love you more today than I did yesterday!" I'm DEFINITELY going hiking, baby. Will DVR, flick on the radio after it's over for the score. If the Jets lose, DELETE WITHOUT WATCHING. My passive/aggressive revenge on this chump team. I mean, it would be a truly victimless crime, right? Unless I include myself . . . Jets . . . fan . . . victimless. Victimless. Victimless?! Damn it, why did I just rain on my own parade?

16. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Damn . I admit I was very over the top in my rant and trolling a little bit but only to see if I could rally anyone to quit all the negative shit and have a little excitement fir the game . I can't believe it seems I'm one of only a few people who want to watch the jets win their home opener against the damn fins. #1 pick doesn't garentee anything . Plenty of great franchise quarter backs were drafted from later picks and plenty of teams have drafted the #1 qb and still sucked .....maybe if with the number one pick we could select someone that can develop a qb and run an offense....

Idk. This game is proving to myself how conflicted I am about this tank thing . The whole point of sports is to win . I can see how the players would feel over matched if their team sucks and not really try that hard and just phone it in . But to actually have the the whole organization and fan base not wanting to win is just bad for business . I'm ok with the fact that we probably won't win many games and we are planning for the future but my spirit refuses to hope for a loss . What's the point of even watching the game or posting on here then ?

Sorry for the rant . Just really don't know how to feel about this season

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Don't you mean crumpets? A strumpet is a two-dollar French whore.

K'OB and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Strumpet could fit in this situation.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It's a Dumb and Dumber reference...

20. K'OB

Hey, let's keep Trump out of this please ;)