Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonnieB23

RonnieB23 New Member

Ronnie will have more yards than Curtis next year, mark my words.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wow really going out on a limb there.. Also I can beat my grandfather in a race..

3. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

A corvette will beat a Hyundai in a race. Mark my words.

4. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Wow, you are saying a 2nd year 1st round RB with no significant injuries, might get more yards than a workhorse RB in the twilight of his career running on 2 bum knees and ankle coming off major surgery? Damn, you're smart.

5. jdjets

jdjets New Member

wow ,you're a friggin genius!

cool, you have 3 bad qb's on your roster. lets not go overboard with stupid predictions.

6. Chad_Should_Start!

I agree, It's nice to see some afc east fans that can have a smart conversation about their teams without being a-holes.

I for one have a lot of respect for the Bills, Pats and Fins. I've seen too many wars out on the field to not respect those three teams.

I'd like to see the AFC East start to regain it's title as the NFL's toughest division.

As a Jet fan, I'd like to see us go 3-3 in the division and get at least one win against each of our afc east rivals.

7. Chad_Should_Start!

this is why new people don't join and post here. Name calling and foul language should be unacceptable.

Post reported:eek:fftopic:

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't disagree with you. I make the over/under mark for Curtis to be about 750 yards or so. With Ronnie Brown I might go as high as 950. You guys are going to be missing Ricky bigtime along about game 11 is my guess.

9. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Major surgery, might I add, caused by a cheap hit by Zach Thomas in our Game 2 win at home. That was probably the one play in Zach's career vs. the Jets where he wasn't eating turf after a Mawae block.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

McNair is the opposite of Culpepper, won't put up great #s but makes plays to win. he is so much better than Culpepper it's an insult to Mcnair to even be discussed int he same sentence as Daunte.

I like that move.

We'll see, I think you are a year away from catching them but it's possible.

11. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

Cheap hit? Grow a sack Nancy.

12. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Come on. Every Jets fan should admit that Mawae played dirty alot. Don't be such a homer that you can't admit Thomas did too. That is what made their rivalry so great, it was like watching a throw down in the alley behind a bar.

13. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

I'm not talking about their rivalry, which Mawae got the best of. I'm talking about that hit not being a cheap shot at all.

Now, Von Oehlfen? THAT guy knows how to give a cheap shot.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That is my point. Mawae and Thomas both played dirty. They did everything they could get away with. That is not some big secret about either player. With that in mind, is it so unreasonable to think that Thomas to give Martin a cheap shot? Maybe it wasn't, but the idea is that far fetched either.

15. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

I can't compete with your high IQ, dumbrowski.
    You win.

*Watch the name calling*

16. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I'm enjoying this thread, seems to me every single division rival is trying to trash the fins and their offseason. It's funny how the Pats have maybe 5 superstars on their team at any given time, and the rest are role players, that fit the system BB likes to run. What did that get them??? Just three SB's. You Jets fans are in the same division as the Pats and you can't see the writting on the wall. Saban had the chance to sign a lot ofbig name players, he had the money to spend, but just like BB he knows it's just as important to find players the fit and depth is key to winning.

Last year part of the fins season was tough because the "whole team" was learning a new system as the season wore on the team started to show signs of understanding the system. Just because Miami didn't beat a playoff team every week of their 6 game winning streak they did something they havn't done for a very long time, win every game in the month of December. The Fins did this with a first year HC,OC,QB , Oline coach, and no real DC. Thats right, a six game winning streak with so many new parts. I notice that never gets mention when you Jet fans proclaim the winning streak was against a bunch of losers.

As for the offseason, a lot of the talent brought in is more then just names or talent. It's players that fit better into Sabans system then the ones that he had last year. Saban also by adding the players he did this offseason lowered the overall age of the players on the team as a whole. Also the draft included, D.Culpepper, M.Wright and C.Lemon. That also gets left out of the evaluation when you Jet fans express your opinions. We also added M.Mularkey and Dom Capers, another fact you Jet fans leave out.

Basically, when you judge a division rival how can you be taken seriously when you knowingly leave out little bits of info so you can say things like the "fins will take a step backwards"?? The Fins have made more upgrades then any team in the division and we were the only team in the division that won their last six games. Miami added a franchise QB and some Jets fans are acting like it's a step backwards, honestly people you should listen to yourselves. The Fins will be the team to beat in the AFC within a year or two, it could happen as soon as this year. The Chargers went from 4-12 to 12-4 in one seasons, I'll promise you the fins did more then enough to improve three games from 2005 to 2006.

17. nyjunc

The pats also have the bst QB in the game, a guy who comes through most of the time when his team needs him. The Phins do not have that type of player and maybe only Pitt and NE have that type of player.

You are crazy, we have had by far the better offseason and made by far the better moves. Your offseason has been bad.

You got a franchise FANTASY QB, he couldn't win in the NFC North how is he supposed to win in the AFC East? He'll put up #s but he'll screw up when he's needed most.

You promise? Where are these upgrades? Please explain in detail why you think these guys are so good.

18. RonnieB23

RonnieB23 New Member

You're kidding right, exacly who did you bring in that so impressive beside a T.

I much rather have a FANTASY qb, if that means a lot of yard and td, than a BACKUP qb like we had last year or IR qb like you have.

Saban said last year secondary lack toughnest so he brought in 3 db that can Tackle and run, he improved depth on the O-Line with talented players that will thrive under Houck tutelage. We we're missing a WR and we got a solid prospect in Hagan. Even if you don't want to see it the QB position was greatly improved with Daunte, he's a palymaker.

19. nyjunc

What did you bring in besides an overrated QB?

Our draft looks alot better but it should since we had a higher pick and alot more picks but FA wise we brought in some solid players an dkept some good players:

We re-signed Chris Baker
    signed: kimo Von oelhoffen, Monsanto Pope, Andre Dyson, Tim Dwight, Matt Chatham, Anthony Clement, Trey teague, Brad kassell,
    extended: Ben Graham
    Traded for: Patrick Ramsey

Lost: John Abraham(great talent but always hurt and in 45 PO games w/ John as a Jet he only played in 2), Ty Law(we were a kick away from the AFC Title Game w/o Law and Abe 2 years ago).

We didn't sign stars but we signed some solid starters and some excellent backups giving us some depth and we didn't give out any big contracts unlike you guys.

this is by far better than your FA class in which Will Allen was your biggest signing. Why did the Giants, who had a chance to get Will for cheaper, decide to sign an old, declinging Sam madison rather than keep a

#59 nyjunc, May 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  20. nyjunc

What did you bring in besides an overrated QB?

Our draft looks alot better but it should since we had a higher pick and alot more picks but FA wise we brought in some solid players an dkept some good players:

We re-signed Chris Baker
    signed: kimo Von oelhoffen, Monsanto Pope, Andre Dyson, Tim Dwight, Matt Chatham, Anthony Clement, Trey teague, Brad kassell,
    extended: Ben Graham
    Traded for: Patrick Ramsey

Lost: John Abraham(great talent but always hurt and in 45 PO games w/ John as a Jet he only played in 2), Ty Law(we were a kick away from the AFC Title Game w/o Law and Abe 2 years ago).

We didn't sign stars but we signed some solid starters and some excellent backups giving us some depth and we didn't give out any big contracts unlike you guys.

this is by far better than your FA class in which Will Allen was your biggest signing. Why did the Giants, who had a chance to get Will for cheaper, decide to sign an old, declinging Sam madison rather than keep Allen and obviously our draft was better again b/c we had higher and more picks.

Keep in mind the fantasy QB had an amzing stst year in 2004 and led his team to 8-8, the QB you had last year had a medicore stat year and led you to 9-7. I prefer 9 wins to 8, how about you?

Who are these guys that improved you? Will Allen? come on. LJ Shelton? are you serious?

#60 nyjunc, May 26, 2006
    Last edited: May 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.