Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What are you talking about? he missed 3 games w/ the shoulder injury, obviously he was hurt and then whispers came out about the torn rotator cuff. How did you not know he was hurt and if you did would you have wanted them to start Quincy?

I don't think he sucks it's just Chad is better. I would have been ok w/ Fiedler starting if Chad couldn't go at all.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The NFL has a long tradition of players playing injured. Namath probably would have never taken a snap in todays game, he would have never been cleared to play. Chad along with his doctor and the coaching staff made the decission to play. Quincy went AWOL which wasn't very clear at the time. This is a reality of big time sports. What I will never understand is the GM and Coach knowing full well that Chad was the key to our season let the right side of the line leave without replacing them and knew full well at the end of 04 that Fabinni was done at LT.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't get me wrong, I think Chad is head and shoulders better than Fiedler even with an injury to the shoulder cuff, but playing him so early appears to have been a mistake. My personal mindset during his injury has nothing to do with it. You spend 64 million dollars on a human being, you make sure not to flush all of the money down the toilet.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yes they should have. As I said before, we won a few more games and went into the playoffs in '04. But as a result, he's still fighting the injury. Was it worth it? If he had the surgery in October 2004, he would have been fully ready for the 2005 season, and we may not even be discussing any injuries right now. Even Herm was hesitant to confirm his readiness, with his crazy percentages that seemed to go up and down as the offseason progressed. I find it hard to believe that he was iffy as of training camp, but was suddenly good to go in September.

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Fielder sucked, so they decided to throw Chad in there, which lead to an injury, which lead to a bad season anyway. So they felt more comfortable risking Chad's arm again, than letting Fiedler play at the start of the season? If that's the case they wasted a roster spot. The fact that we had a bad O-line should have been more reason to sit Chad.

6. winstonbiggs

The miscalculation was not throwing Chad in it was being clueless about the real state of our OL. The signals were their Bradway and Herm didn't have a clue. They, like many on this board thought we were a CB away from a SB. Turns out we were a center, guard, LT, RT, TE, WR, DT and a CB away.

7. parafly

parafly New Member

Absolutely true. Our team was completely hyped up last season, and I still can't figure out why. Our signing of Scott Gragg during training camp was a good indication of the true state of our OL.

I see a similar situation this year with the dolphins. They are being completely hyped up, and IMO for no good reason. They have a shot at the playoffs, but the division still belongs to the Pats.

8. winstonbiggs

I kind of agree, I think the Pats have revamped their OL and went through a lot of growing pains last year that will pay off this year. I was totally unimpressed with the Dolphins lines on both sides of the ball last year.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Spoken like a true Pat fan.

10. winstonbiggs

I'm a Jet fan and a fan of great football. The Dolphins don't fit in either catagory.

11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

We shall see, It's clear the Jet fans hate the Dolphins far more then the Pats though.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This is because Pats fans are more similar to Jets fans than Dolphins fans are.
    Pats and Jets fans are realists. Dolphins fans are all sugarplumy and moonbeamy when talking about their team.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

............Typical!

14. winstonbiggs

[​IMG]

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Please show me where I've said one word about the Fins being a SB team, or the Pats being the trash can of the division?? I'm not hyping the Fins and trashing anyone, I try to show the Jet fans here where the improvements to the Fins are, if you refuse to see it that's your problem, but don't blame fin fan for having an owner and FO that are doing the right things to win.

The Fins have gotten a really good HC with a history of winning everywhere he's been and last year in his first season he didn't disappoint. We went out and drafted a RB last year that has all the tools to be a probowl RB and last year he split time with another back and had nearly a thousand yrds rushing..in his first season.

We go out and get a QB thats a franchise QB the best QB we've had since Marino. We have several very good asst. coaches such as Hudson Houck who has more probowl Olinemen under his tutelage then any Oline coach in history (fact) We have Dom Capers as our DC a master at the 3-4 D and blitzing and has proven it. The Fins win every game in December last year, something we haven't done in years. We are on the rise and you Jet fans don't like it, your response are expected.

Why are the Fins not allowed to improve and why aren't us fin fans allowed to express it?? Because some of you you Jet fans are to immature to handle it?? I've not trashed the Jets at all in any of my posts here, all I've done is defend the stupidity form bias Jet fans. I'll continue to do so. I also try to refrain from name calling and insults ,unless they are thrown at me first. If you come to this site to talk football then do so, and stop crying because it's not what you WANT to read. Grow up and deal with the fact that other teams are allowed to improve and win games other then the teams that make you Jet fans happy. If I was here talking nothing but trash and smack I could see then need to trash my team, but I'm here talking football isn't that what this site is for?? I'm positive about the Fins because they are doing the right things.

16. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Thats a nice picture of you Jet fans hoping on the badwagon!!

17. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Then shouldn't the reverse be true. When a Jets fan tells you something about the Jets, you seem to have a problem with it and you have an opinion of you own. We are supposed to listen to what you say about the Phins, but you dismiss what we say about the Jets?

Why is that when someone has a different opinion of the Phins than you it is "stupidity" or "biased"? What the only unbiased opinion is one that agrees with your assessment of the team? Whether you want to admit it or not, the Phins and DC still have question marks, and just because they point them out to you it does not make them biased. If you want to talk football fine, but you dimiss another's opinion outright if it is in any way negative towards the Phins, and instead of being open minded by another person's view of your team, you call them biased. So please stop with this, oh woe is me, I am right and everyone else are just mean routine.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Thats all fine and dandy and I agree they have improved from where they were two years ago when they finished 4-12. But IMO they are a long way from being a playoff team and the AFCE is the Patriots division to lose which they will not do this coming year.

19. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Whats your version of a long ways away?? The Fins weren't a long ways away last year, but they've regressed??

20. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why is it the fins haven't improved and won'tl challenge for the division?? You'll bend over backwards to tear the fins down and if you give them credit it's always followed by an excuse why it won't matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.