Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I like to live dangerously.

2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

No, what it means is if you want to post like a child so shall I.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Funny stuff!!

4. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Again, why the hostility towards me? Also, what's with the "son"?

The line I wrote, obviously, was sarcastic. It is well known that without Ricky Williams, the Dolphins are not deeply solid at the RB position at all. In fact, you are light at the position.

For someone who comes here and complains that people don't want to just talk football, you sure contribute to it's demise.

I now get your schtic. A troll in sheep's clothing. Let's just rip off the disguse, shall we? Just talk the trash you really want to talk.

5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

You start your question with sarcasam and then ask why the hostility!?!?!?!
    Well I strongly disagree with you're opinion of the Fins depth at RB. For some reason the fins need to be stacked at every position on their team to garner any sort of respect from their division rivals. There are many teams in the league that don't have starters as depth at many positions. In the system that BB and Saban and now Mangini run it's about the supporting cast as well as the starters. You could nit pick any team to deth if you wish, but someone has to win and no team in history won the SB with starters at every position and on the depth chart. Miami has a solid group of RB's to help Ronnie along the way. As I said Miam will also look to address the RB position further during the cuts that take place after camp starts.

6. MillerTime#22

MillerTime#22 Active Member

I would take the Jets depth @ RB over the Fins' depleted depth chart at that postion. You might forget we have martin, blaylock, and houston who have established themselves as good nfl runners. Besides Brown, you have SAMMY MORRIS, your depth at RB is not good with Ricky in Canada with the argos. You need to stop talking as if the fins are a top 5 team in the league. I'm done with this thread. Your blinded by your bias, understandable, but not realistic to any stretch of the imagination.

#206 MillerTime#22, May 29, 2006
    Last edited: May 29, 2006
  7. MillerTime#22

Oh yeah forgot these:

:finssuck::finssuck::finssuck::finssuck::finssuck:

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Your kidding right. I would trade our entire Back field for Brown in a nano second and so would every NFL GM.

9. MillerTime#22

I'm talking in depth, I know ronnie brown will be an elite back. but what will happen if he does get hurt, fins have no backup to fill the void. that's the point i was tryin to make.

#209 MillerTime#22, May 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
  10. winstonbiggs

We don't have 1 proven back on our roster at the moment.

11. MillerTime#22

I know, but we still have C-mart, for whatever that's worth. He is getting older but if he can stay healthy, he still could have a productive year. And i liked what houston did last year, and hopefully he can improve from last year.

12. winstonbiggs

We haven't seen the Curtis is running the Santa Monica steps article yet. I wonder if he is really going to be a factor at all this year?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You and your Santa Monica steps already.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Blaylock was a more than capable backup to Holmes in KC. And Houston and Washington are good young prospects. Martin? Well I don't know, but I have learned not to underestimate Martin.

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Well that is a logical argument :rolleyes:

16. winstonbiggs

Houston and Washington are prospects. Blaylock before he got hurt was awful and not just as a running back he was a totally incompetent in picking up the blitz and can't be trusted to be in the backfield on a passing play until we have a cohesive OL. Being a back up on KC with a veteran all pro line is a lot different than being a back up on a young inexperienced line. It would have been nice if Houston actually got some serious reps last year. He looked okay when he finally got a chance. I certainly hope he and Washington work out, it would really make a huge difference.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Right now our backfield is Curtis Martin. If he's ready to go and puts up another normal season then we're okay. We're not great in that case but we're not hurting back there either.

If Curtis is not ready to go we'll be lucky to get 1,000 yards out of all the other guys combined.

18. MillerTime#22

I don't know about blaylock, i believe he is a product of the KC line. Jury is still out on him for me atleast.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't know, I wouldn'tg mind seeing what our O looks like with our version of Thunder & Lightning, Houston & Washington with what should be a much improved OL.. RB is the one position a young guy can come right in and contribute and we all know that the RB position can use some fresh legs..

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.