Dolphins 0-2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by danaaprildarren, Sep 21, 2009.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Chad pisses me off as much as anyone here, but are you that humanly challenged?

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I'd try and justify it by saying Chad brought us to more playoff appearances, but I simply forgot about 1998. My bad. But Chad was great for us, and anyone who fails to acknowledge the good times is lying to themself.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That all depends on your definition of great. Outside of 2002, I don't think he was ever great.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad could have been great for us if he didn't get hurt in 03, 04 and 05. He did bring a little magic to this club and reminded us we could be great before he got hurt.

Sanchez hopefully will be healthy for a long enough time to reach his potential and carry this team to a SB.

By the way in 82 Dick Todd got us close.

5. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

He gave his all on every play, came back from countless injuries, and led this team to the longest period of prolonged success in its history, not to mention that he's the NFL's most accurate passer of all time. If that doesn't qualify as great, I don't know what does. He was a true leader and if not for Doug fucking Brien he would've taken us as far as any QB since Namath. He wasn't Peyton Manning even before the shoulder injuries, and he sure as hell isn't Manning now. But he was as tough as anyone could hope to be. I can only pray that Mark Sanchez will have the head of a Chad Pennington to go along with his arm.

6. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I kinda disagree, but I'm in the opposite corner. I root for Pennington now the same way I root for Vilma, John Abraham, Santana Moss, Laveranues Coles, Mawae, et cetera. These guys gave us some great moments with this team. To watch a guy come up in the league with your team and then wish injury on them further down the road is just shameful. If you don't care to wish them successful careers down the road, I guess thats a personal choice, but personally I like to see my former Jets doing well, the same way I like to see players from my alma mater make it in the NFL regardless of what team signs them.

Except, of course, when they're playing against the Jets.

7. GreenMachine

The Colts D looked like shit. They missed tackles and looked undisciplined. Reminded alot of the Jets D a couple years ago. And if the Phins think they are going to run that Wildcat shit on the Jets D...good luck. Rex is going to stack the line and force Chad to throw. The dilemma is, who do you put Revis on? It almost seems like a waste to man up against Ginn. That's like playing Madden in Rookie mode.

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I tried watching this game but the Dolphins offense is just so boring.

Every play is a 5 yard handoff, wildcat run, or Chad "noodle arm" Pennington toss. Chad would sometimes have guys open 30 yards down the field, but he'd dump it off to the guy at the line of scrimmage. Their offense just chips away... chip, chip, chip, chip... Zzz...

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ginn is useless to Pennington.

Cover Fasano.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not really, Revis on Moss against Brady = INT. Revis on Ginn against Pennington = NFL single game INT record.

11. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

If Pennington had somebody who could catch in the EZ they would have had a different situation at the end of the game (twice!)

12. Hobbes3259

Conversely if Ginn had a QB that threw the ball on a rope instead of a 10 ft floater he would not have had to go up the ladder.

13. Hobbes3259

Problem is Ole Noodlearm can't get the ball out to him enough for that.

The announcers said something last night, about how the Phinphags don't wait to get into the Red Zone to try to score, they try from the 30.

As a Jets fan the reason for that should be obvious.

Thats the only distance Noodlearm can reach the EZ where the field is big enough to havve open spaces to float the ball in.

Get inside the 20 and he does not have enough fastball to get it inside.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I watched a replay his arm was being hooked near the shoulder. The ball is a little earlier and the defender isn't with him. I can't blame that on Ginn or Pennington. Nice throw, nice effort the defender was right there with him and had some contact when the ball arrived.

15. zombo

zombo Member

exactly. chad is a great guy, but he is now qb for the enemy. i hope he plays horribly, but i don't wish any injury on him. i hope miami goes 0-16 and the patsies 3-13 with the only wins for ne the rest of the way are against miami.

:finssuck:

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Let's face it, Miami had no real top notch WRs to begin with. In the playoffs Camarillo was hurt, they dressed three and one got hurt. Chad is what he is, but let's not pretend he's holding them back. Without him they would have won about five games last year, certainly nowhere close to eleven.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I always defended Chad. I liked him as our QB. But from the outside now,i see what people were talking about. Chad has to play a game ahead at all times. he doesn't have the capability to come from behind. the wildcat is getting played out,and if I were Chad i would be insulted that my team had to come up with a gimmick to disguise my shortcomings as a QB.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah it felt like old times.

19. kj1313

kj1313 New Member

Deja Vu

My boss is a huge Fins fan and was ecstatic last year with Pennington but this year he's already pointing out the same faults with Chad that I had a couple of years back. I'll always love that Chad for played his guts out for us but he couldn't take us to the next level.

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

What a horrible human being

Figures though