Does Holmes make our offense worse?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IIMeanDeanII, Dec 27, 2011.

?

Does Holmes make this offense worse?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    84.5%
  1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa wait a second... those SHOULD be Holmes best assets. This thread exists because we've seen them marginally this year.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've seen holmes pluck enough passes that were behind him out of the air this year to not be worried. Overall scoring is up and we are much better in the red zone. We are still inconsistant and at times down right bad.

The right side of our line is crumbling before our very eyes and all anyone wants to do is bash skill players. Moore is less effictive than the past and we have a Adrian Jones type situation at right tackle. Untill those issues are delt with things will continue to look ugly.

3. Mason

Mason New Member

I think not having a #1 receiver is making our offense worse. Holmes would be perfect in the #2 or slot position. He's no #1 receiver in this league.

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I dont really care who the #1 is anymore if the RT position isnt better next year Mark is going to be the same as this year.....

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Overpaid #2 receiver can do only so much to ruin the offense.

Lack of true vertical threat (that is tall and physical) is hurting the offense a lot more than whatever bullshit Tone is pulling.

And Wayne Hunter is being ass raped by a rookie. Tone is supposed to stop that somehow?

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I mean the guy has 8 TDs he can't be THAT bad right?

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

if you're like me, you feel awesome when he catches a first down, but then you literally cover your eyes to avoid seeing his cock-swallowing ball-drop routine.

which is gayer, the spread-arm airplane or the first-down ball drop?

answer: what a fag! he makes gastineau look like klecko.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I agree that those are things that Holmes are supposed to bring this team, yet he has under performed severally in those aspects this year.

I think he was the main contributor in our loss to the Eagles.

I am not blind, I do realize that there are way more problems then just Holmes in this offense. That is not the point in this thread. I just feel that there is so many reasons why he isn't a good fit for this team. The fact that he just got a HUGE contract and had such a bad year is troubling to me.

I also felt like the offense was better without him, it made me think.

Sure I liked Edwards on this team, I felt it was a horrible mistake to let him go because he did fit our offense so much better. It doesn't mean that Holmes can't produce in this offense with a change in the system.

Hopefully like some of you have pointed out, if he is just being under utilized, then hopefully the system will start working around our play makers strengths.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Only would jets fans seriously ask such a dumb question.

Here's a novel idea. Get someone other than holmes that can run routes beyond 15 yds downfield.

While your at it get a new right tackle

And ask your qb to pull his head from his ass

Oh and a new OC. 59 passes really? I don't think sanchez supporters would have the balls to ask him to throw that many times

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Most people on this thread have it right. Holmes is a special talent who is being under-utilized

Rex thinks Holmes is the best athlete on the team. Maybe Schotty doesn't. Maybe that's the problem

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Remember these games?
    Houston
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Patriots (Post Season)
    and those were all last year.

The dude can make plays when they get him the ball. F
    act is, any receiver who runs Slants & out routes 80+% of the time will be limited in what he can do.

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Holmes is the focus of the the opposing team's defensive backfield right now. Plax isn't getting separation, so you can cover him with one-on-one and not have to worry about providing help. We don't use Kerley enough as a slot guy (yet) and so Holmes can get a corner and safety or nickel on him at all times. The end result being a lack of concentration on his part, since he is too busy worrying about the inevitable bone-crushing hit he's about to take when he does get the chance to break away from 2 defenders.

If you want the Holmes of 2010 back, then get him another receiver on the other side who can draw double coverage. Because we don't have that now.

13. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

holmes does not make our offense worse by any means. he's a above average receiver with the ability to break tackles in the open field. I do believe he has regressed a little bit, but i would take him over lot of other receivers.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hehe, 59 passes, 64 dropbacks, and 4 plays audibled out of a passing play. At least. Dude is a tard.

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

What about all the games he's saved our asses this season? He's been open enough to have some very big drops and when he's held onto the ball he's fumbling enough to be a concern.

I disagree with most of the posters here saying that making him a captain was a mistake by Rex. In hindsight, yes, he's been pretty much the last guy I'd like to see a 'C' on, but I agree with Rex doing it at the time. I think the sentiment was that it would make him step/grow up and become a leader. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out. Some guys will be idiots and never 'get it' - that's Holmes.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

holmes is a beast. shotty designing plays/routes for him is the issue

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let me make this clear. I don't like Holmes. But the real problem is the limitations that Burress places on the offense. Get over the Holmes v. Edwards thing. Burress is an anchor that holds the team back.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

He's had a hell of a lot of drops this season and I notice a lot of miscommunication between him and Sanchez.
    I'd love to know who's fault those are?

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Holmes is double teamed every play than we have Plax who is slow as shit getting blanketed. Not much Mark or Holmes can do without enough people around them. The only Wrs who can consistently catch balls through the double teams are the ones with size. Holmes needs a better #2 to be great.

20. wfresh

wfresh New Member

he needs a number 1, he is a number 2...and he is a low grade cancer on the team. Selfish player and a thug.