Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

*psst* the point is that you have no real way of knowing this, pass it on. :rolleyes:

The funniest part is that you actually believe you do know.
    Thanks doctor. I think I'll just go ahead and believe what the world class doctors have to say instead though.

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Woody's inability to state Sanchez is his guy? That's odd....

Read this :

Then he says the statement that has some here thinking he wants to go after Peyton Manning but he follows that up with :

Woody's OWN words.

If you're questioning the "think" part, then you're over-analyzing the statement. Sanchez is their guy. No doubt about that. Back-to-Back AFCCG is hard to ignore for Woody to even consider anything else at this point. The only question now is getting the pieces around him working again.

#142 Braylon4ever, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Braylon4ever

*psst* the point is that...neither do you(as far as him coming to the Jets).

We can do this all day, you know. :)

You go and do that. If the "world class doctors" say he's good to go, then he's good to go. But the RISK is still there for re-injury and maybe worse....

4. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Woody also told Mangini his job would not be in jeopardy if the Favre move went sour, how'd that turn out? Woody is loyal to one thing and thats $$$; and if he has a chance to sell out PSLs and more tickets and merchandise by getting Peyton in here then you better believe he is going to try, especially if a team like Miami is in the mix to land him. Woody just can't say anything about Peyton right now since it would be tampering.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

:rofl2: That is just hilarious. Our O sucked, has always sucked. Our defense is the only reason we are competitive. Really? Our D? LOL.

6. Braylon4ever

Okay...that's a very VALID point.

It certainly does come down to the almighty(well not as mighty these days) dollar plus I'm sure(like you said) Woody would not want to see Peyton in our Division unless he was on our team...

7. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, except LTJF isn't saying that he IS COMING HERE. He's just saying that you can't rule it out. He's right, you can't. You're trying to state something as a fact when it's not. LTJF is merely pointing out that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Peyton may not want to play here. Or maybe the Jets don't even want him. Or maybe it's just not financially feasible. Or maybe Peyton's injuries force him to retire. Regardless of the potential scenarios, it's still just your opinion that Peyton's not coming here. But you don't know that.

9. Braylon4ever

Of course. I'm not arguing against Possibilities 'cause there are certainly many.

My original point was that he thought I was trying to pass off as some kind of doctor when I really was simply making an educated guess in regards to the type of RISK that Manning would be at even if his Doctors gave him a clean-bill of health.

All it would take is one wrong hit or fall or impact....and his career is done(maybe worse).

And considering how swiss-cheese our O-Line had been(along with the usual "Jets Luck"), the possibility of that occurring is pretty damn high. I would hate to see a HOF'er end up being carted away off the field thanks to Wayne Hunter. Just saying.....

#149 Braylon4ever, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  10. MikeSLTJ23

My opinion is that if Peyton chooses to ignore any warning signs about his body breaking down, that is his own prerogative. The NFL works in a way now that you can just incentivize absolutely everything in a contract (which I find ridiculous, but it is what it is). I'm sure the Jets would do everything in their power to do so if he were to be "cleared to play". If the doctors even clear him, it would be completely Peyton's call if he wants to continue playing or call it a career.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Hey Peyton, retire you piece of shit daddy's boy.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, but you’re not a real Doctor, you’re only giving a link so I dont care what you have to say about Manning’s injury being that serious.

Yeah, and you would think the Jets’ FO would’ve given themselves some outs in the Holmes contract due to his character concerns and all that but they didnt. They absolutely fucked themselves over and have no way of getting out of a huge cap hit besides letting this disease fester in the locker room for another year.

Giving Manning an incentive laden contract would be the smart thing, but who knows how the Jets would actually structure his contract.

13. MikeSLTJ23

I see what you're saying, but I think they're two totally different situations. An incentive-laden deal based on injury is different from one on good behavior. The problem is that Santonio did exhibit good behavior in his first season with the Jets, so from that perspective, I can see them overlooking the need for policing that in their big resigning that year. Personally I didn't like the Holmes signing at all, but that was more because I liked him in the trade for the 5th round pick, but I didn't think he was a realistic long-term #1 WR to throw big money at. I didn't really expect the locker room trouble, but when spending that kind of money, you should really be prepared for anything, and the Jets should have had something in that contract, you're right (though I don't know how that would be worded).

I'd love to see what some of these deals could look like:

If you kill 0 hookers this season, $500,000 bonus.
    1-2 hookers, $200,000 bonus.
    3+, no bonus.

14. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

This is kind of an old article too. Peyton has had a 3rd surgery in Europe since this article was written, where he had stem cell implants grafted into his cervical spinal cord. The last I read, his graft was not rejected and could provide some regeneration to his neurological deficits. I guess it's all on whether Manning still feels neurological symptoms at this point. He has had a lot of time to heal though.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yuuup. Thank you. And for the record I think it's highly unlikely that he ever ends up as a Jet.

That's a much, much different statement than:
    lol.

Your point makes no sense. His doctors will not tell him he can play in the NFL if it puts him at serious risk (more so than any other player).

If that's really where he is health wise he'll never get the go ahead to play.

No one would want to see that. But Manning does a great job of not taking sacks. Look at all the sacks the Colts gave up this year compared to the previous two with Manning. Here's a hint, it's more than the previous two years combined. We also need to upgrade RT regardless.

16. Braylon4ever

^ I can never win, can I? :smile:

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

after JUST watching drew breeze and arron rogers, two record setting passing phenoms of the 2011 season get BOUNCED-SENT HOME along with their fans in the first round by stout defenses you gotta wounder what would help the jets more...

...our OWN passing phenom

...or the defensive players Rex needs to reak havov on the entire NFL.

hmmmm.

18. patfanken

patfanken Banned

I haven't read all the pages in this post, but have you guys considered the cap consequenses - as of this moment the Jets have cap number of $125MM when the cap limit next year is $122MM. How are you going to add a $20MM cap hit when you can't afford to keep all the players you have on the roster right now.

Forget about if he's healthy enough to play - he might not be.

Forget about if he'd want to come to the Jets - he likely wouldn't

Forget about trading or releasing Sanchex to get Manning - his contract makes both highly unlikely.

Rumors can be fun, but the reality is that the Jets and Mark Sanchez are a pair for the next 2 or three years for better or worse. It might turn out to be great, or a disaster, but THAT's the way it is. And that's the way its going to be.

The fact that your owner, HC and GM even encourage the POSSIBLITY of Manning to the Jets shows a marked lack of responsibility and general knowlledge by the leadership of your franchise

19. MikeSLTJ23

What you're ignoring is that things can always be done with the cap. Whether smart or not, it always be toyed with. It's like moving money to lower your tax bracket.

He might not be healthy enough and he might not want to play here anyway (though I do think you're being shortsighted there).

I think Sanchez is here for the next two years and then gone. He hasn't shown very much improvement, and there's no question to me that his days are numbered unless he shows substantial improvement.

But numbers can always be rearranged, and I think Manning can be signed. It would take lots of restructuring, and it may set the franchise back, but it also might be just what they need to get them over the hump.

A lack of responsibility and knowledge? I disagree. Don't leave any stone unturned. They haven't done anything or said they're going to do anything. A lack of responsibility would be mortgaging the future to pull this off.

20. Braylon4ever

AND *THAT* is the key. :)

But he needs the pieces(in particular, the RT position in the O-Line) to be working properly. Otherwise, success will be very rare next season.