Do we still hate Hackett?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Sep 26, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Chiefs lost their 2 best OL, they lost their starting QB and they lost their OC- how is their offensive struggles all Herm's fault?

By the way, go back in time at all of hackett's OC jobs and see how they performed.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This is what happens when players are not in good condition. Hmmmmmm.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We're Jet fans. As Chris Rock once said, we hate eeeeeeeeverybody.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am going to get beat up, but I do not hate Hackett. I think he was just following Dr. Conservative's orders. I put all the blame squarely on Herm's shoulders. Herm is like a team muzzle.

5. nyjunc

Like the '99 Jets under Parcells? In our 3 playoff years we were one of the healthiest teams in the league. In '03 we lost our QB for half the year and last year we lost most of the team. it happens every now and then, last yea had nothing to do w/ conditioning.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You always have a good retort. OK, let's call it dumb luck and maybe a little subtle payback for what happened in NY last year.

7. nyjunc

Payback for what? for the team fighting every week despite incrdible odds? I have never seen a team more decimiated by injury than the 2005 NY Jets yet they kept playing hard something bad Jet teams in the past didn't do. Why can't we just enjoy our seasons so far? why is everyone weorried about herm> Why are we talking about him every week? he did a good job here, he left under abd circumstances but we're going to be ok and everyone should just be happy.

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

rajunc its one thing to defend Herms time here, as misguided as it is, but is there any need to start trotting out the excuses for him in KC already?

9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I never disliked Hackett. Once he left we learned it was Edwards running the show.

10. nyjunc

it's not a fair comparison to compare past Chief's Os to this team sicne they lost their 2 best OL, lost their OC and lost their starting QB. How come no one mentions how much the D has improved? That doesn't count? I call them as I see them and when i see misnformation flowing I have to correct it before it gets out of hand.

11. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

yes we hate him and all the tampa bay coaches...they play that overrated meathead mike alstott over jerald sowell

12. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Anyone who doubts Hackett's incompetence need look no further than when he drove USC into the ground.

13. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

:hackett:

That used to be my most used smilie, :hackett:

Havent posted it in so long:hackett:

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Hackett had Simms looking great this year...and now he's hurt. Maybe Chad wasn't such a pussy.

15. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

The answer to this question could go on forever. Here's a thought, though: if Hackett's ills were partly a function of Herm's conservative nature, why did the D improve when Henderson took over from Cottrell?

I mean, if Donnie was able to affect change on the defensive side of the ball under Herm, why couldn't Hackett do the same on O? While the D did have new personnel in '04 vs. '03, it seems to me that Donnie was convincing enough to run it like he wanted. Maybe Hackett was just a mealy-mouthed wuss more comfortable with a beaker and Bunsen burner and best left toiling away in the lab.

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

Paul Hackett will be my arch nemisis until the day I die. :hackett:

17. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Me and some of my buddies used to sit in Blondies on the upper west side and call the plays before the snap. We were right about 70% of the time.

Hacket has no imagination and if Herm kept him from thinking out of the box then he has no balls either. At some point he should have stood up and said Herm this is not working and we have to be more creative.

So I still blame Hackett! He was a bum!

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

you guys need to put the pieces of the puzzle together...it was NEVER...I repeat...NEVER...Hackett's fault...Herman Edwards is to blame. We were still running a BS offense when Dinger was here.

Herman Edwards used him as a scapegoat just like he did with every other coach we ever had.

19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Dude he got hurt on a play where he scored on a run...his fucking spleen ruptured...it has nothing to do with the offense.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You noticed that he was never asked for another OC job, even though Edwards was to blame, it doesn't mean that Hackett didn't suck, remember Edwards fired fat Teddy, and it didn't change the fact that he sucks