Do we actually root for the Fish this week?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HOI, Nov 5, 2009.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I think we can all agree that with 8 games left it is WAY to early to start doing this. If the Patriots win it sets up challenges and if the Dolphins win it sets up different challenges. If this game were in week 13 it would be completely different because we would have a better idea of where we would stand in relation to the Pats and the Phins and how it would effect our playoff chances. It is too early to play this game of deciding who to root for (between two division rivals) in my opinion.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I see 3 losses for the Phins right now both against the Pats and the Steelers. The way Panthers looked last weekend that could be 4.
    We all know the Pats are a better team then the Phins so it more likly they will lose more games then the Pats.

#42 #1 Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bet the bar on it.

4. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

Really??!!! I think your fellow fans may disagree!!!

You lost to the Phins (2x), so you can't think the Jets have any chance of beating the Pats right?

5. Kenny

Kenny New Member

root for them to lost to the colts next week.. that seems more probable

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

just like we had no chance of beating them in week 2..right?

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

i hope they tie.

8. In TB We Trust

I love how you guys are hanging on to that win with everything you have!!
    Be honest with yourself. The Pats you faced in Week 2 are not the same Pats you will face in Week 11. I hope for your sake Rex Ryan understands this.
    The Pats get better as the year goes on, it happens every season. Also please don't gloss over the fact that our QB was playing his second NFL game after not playing for and ENTIRE year!
    I will say it again..I am not saying the Pats are a lock to win on the 22nd, but you are in serious denial if you think that game is going to look ANYTHING like the game we played in September.

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Right. At this point, our divisional record just plain sucks, but a .500 record is an even bigger concern. If we want to make the playoffs, we can MAYBE afford one more loss. If we lose two and finish 10-6, then we get the luxury of worrying about how sucky our divisional record is. I suppose the message is: if we're going to lose any more games, they'd better be against Carolina, Tampa Bay, or Atlanta.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You can't possibly think that's how the league works right?

I know you're being sarcastic and all but why are you here exactly?

Why?

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What people are over looking is that the Jets D made the Pats play that way. Both of the Pats loses came against team that has good D.

12. MadBacker Prime

And our team hasn't progressed at all, we haven't gotten Pace back and back on track too. We didn't pickup Braylon Edwards either.

Sanchez hasn't learned a thing yet and if you haven't noticed our defense is getting better.

#2 in the league right now with the #1 rushing offense.

I know the Jets have had their bumps, and the win is no lock for either team. We are both going to see different teams out there, not just the Jets.

Didn't Tom throw for almost 400 yards week 1? I know Wes was gone, but his replica did the same damn thing.

#52 MadBacker Prime, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What will your excuse be if the Jets win @Foxboro to make it 3 in a row against the Pats and two in a row with a rookie QB who has nothing in terms of NFL experience compared to your HOF QB?

Please tell us now, because I'm sure you won't be back if it happens.

14. In TB We Trust

I think this quote from the MIAMI HERALD sums this weekend AFC matchup up nicely:

"Ever the optimist, Sparano is rightfully claiming the road to the AFC East goes through his Dolphins. However, what he doesn't mention while hanging his hat on that statement is that Miami's wins were hardly inspiring of awe. The Dolphins beat the Jets on the final play of the game in the first matchup and were saved by Ginn in game No. 2. And the third win was against a Buffalo team that's leaned as close to awful as respectable in recent days. Bottom line, if Brady plays like Brady, the Pats don't lose.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Patriots 31, Dolphins 20.
    "

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh come on now you really don't believe the Jets have any chance in winning that game do you...LOL
    Maybe we could just not show up and get 2 bye weeks this year...LOL

16. LordFavre

LordFavre New Member

Doesn't matter who wins anyways. Bills are going to take the division.

17. In TB We Trust

I'm not jumping on a "Jets Suck" bandwagon. I happen to think you are a better team than the Phins and you will most likely finish ahead of them in the AFC standings.

On the 22nd I just have a feeling you may see Brady being Brady and that's never good news for the opposing team. I absolutely will come back whether we win or lose.

If I'm not banned by then.

18. In TB We Trust

Because this board is more fun than mine.

19. MadBacker Prime

Have you not watched our defense this year?

Moss is out of the equation. We had Edelman last time with 98 yards, I expect the same production from Welker. This time around we'll get even more pressure.

We'll see a different Brady, he'll be smothered a lot more by Green this time as opposed to just rushed/hurried.

Come back when it's Patsie week, don't you have a phin forum to troll?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well Brady didn't look like Brady last time he played this D. Drew Brees didn't look like Drew Brees against this D either. Tom Brady did a nice job lighting it up against the winless Bucs and Titans. The Jets D is a little better than them.