Divisional Playoff Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 336, Jan 7, 2015.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Dont you have something better to do in your life? You have legitimately invested hours of your life trying to prove something about a "troll".......

2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Patriots 27
    Ravens 17

Seahawks 17
    Panthers 9

Cowboys 31
    Packers 24

Colts 33
    Broncos 27

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Could have lossed to Arizona? Ha Ha --- (and the talk of Palmer is ridiculous he was gone so long, the Steelers could have won too if they had Franco Harris)

They gave up 77 yards for the game ---- it was more than just the QB that they shut down.
    Arizona tried to run the ball time and time again and coudn't even sniff a 3 yard gain.

It;s funny how crushing Atlanta in Atlanta in a win and in game while completely shutting them down on OFFENSE is not a big win.
    But if you want to talk about beloved Rex all of a sudden Atlanta is a team primed with talent and is Rex away from the Superbowl.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Palmer and Stanton played this season.

Franco Harris last played in 1984. That's the same?

The point is that Arizona could have won with even average QB play.

I was adding to my post last night when I lost Internet. Carolina must like playing in domes because they thrashed ATL and NO. Impressive. But zero road wins over good teams this season. They were good in December, but the schedule helped.

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Nostradamus didn't even bat .900. Stop it.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So you are comparing me to some old man that lived in a cave?

7. Section 336

My point is they wouldn't have won with average QB play and to mention Palmer who has been done for the season awhile is a joke.
    That game should have been a blowout, it was nowhere near as close as the scoreboard.
    The ST blunders and TO's are not characteristic of the Panthers.
    You will not see that Carolina team today.
    The only reason the betting line is so large -- for those that don't understand Vegas, is that they need to have the amount of money bet on each time balanced, they make there money on the vig.
    Because of the disparity in overall records, the average fan is thinking blowout Seattle.

I live in North Carolina and NC State is basically in my backyard.
    I am not a Panther fan, nor an NC State fan (although I am big Russel Wilson supporter).
    I followed RW since his time here and I have also seen just about every Panthers game this year.
    From my 45 years experience watching football, I firmly believe this game will be closer than most think, and if they didn't lose Lotulelei - I would still be picking them.

I am rooting for the Seattle to win the Superbowl as I did last year. Because I pretty much can;t stand the rest of the field who is left.
    I know the Panthers do not have a chance against GB or Dallas, it is a match up thing that I feel they can beat Seattle.

I still think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL.

#47 Section 336, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

We'll go with Miss Cleo instead if you'd prefer.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

How about neither, I am my own divine entity.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

No, it's not a joke. He was their QB this season and he would've been starting that game had he not been injured. Considering Carolina didn't even play that well, it's very possible they would've lost had it not been Lindley's historically awful play opposing them.

Although Arizona might've wound up with a bye had he not been injured.

11. Section 336

They wouldn't have been playing in that game if he did not get injured, they would have won the division.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They win the division IMO.

They were 9-1. Seattle 6-4. The absolute best Seattle could do was 12 wins.

And idc how dominate seattle looked in arizona, it would have been close. And you notice seattle didn't start clicking until the Cardinals qb problem arose. I think mentally they thought they had no chance of getting the division at 6-4 (as did 90% of people).

Seattle was staring at a wildcard, things changed, division title/bye week opened up for them, they start playing at a different level.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Palmers washed up. Ridiculous that he's in the top 20 highest paid this year. They looked better at times with Stanton. That said, either guy is twice as good as Lindley. Too bad Stanton went down, I would have liked to see what they could have done in the playoffs with him at the helm.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Id say they just blew year 1 of their window. Might have another chance next year, Seattle should take a step back because of paying Wilson, 49ers; who knows, and Rams may be able to if they can figure out the QB.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

[​IMG]

Brady has some absolutely brutal games in recent memory, games where he barely looked average, looked confused, looked scared. He needs to have a good game, a dominate game, which hasn't really happened since the Texans playoff game.

Flacco on the other hand has played very well, and can send his stocks through the roof if he can put together a good/winning performance against the best Patriots defense in a long time.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

that's what the end of my post was suggesting

Arizona was looking very good for a bye...

...and then Lindley happened. Pretty sure Logan Thomas would've been a better choice. Or Tim Tebow.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Arizona looked like a 9-1 team that was very good, while Seattle looked like an average team that was 6-4. Seattle had to win out at that point, Arizona had to sputter. Both happened.

Simply put it was a bad ending for the Cardinals as an organization, a huge blow.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look I have to admit something here. And kill me all you want. This year I had Brady as my QB, Gronk as my TE, LaFell as my WR. And they just helped me win $750 helping me win my league. Today, I do have a 4 game parlay. 2 of them already thru. Chelsea won and Manchester Cidy draw. I now have Pats winning ML and Seahawks winning ML. I got a lot riding on Pats winning. So please don't stone me to death but go Pats indeed.:oops: :D

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

How much you winning if you get the parlay?

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Enough to buy as much Ebola to spread all over Muslims. You should root for me to win.