Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. akibud

akibud Active Member

...personally, I long for the days under coach Mangini when NOBODY! could say jack shit! I would luv for the entire team, coach, organization and everyone who works for the NY Jets to JSTFU.......... practice hard during the week, game plan, and play hard on Sundays.

2. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

the wildcat will kill then nfl

3. Motorboat

Motorboat New Member

Not just name calling, but outright bigotry and racism. This board is really amazing.

There is so much homophobia in here this place looks like it has the prospects of leapfrogging the Catholic Church for the worlds biggest repository of self-hating gays. You can hardly go a page without fag, faggot, etc.

That's not to mention someone dropped a "spic" the other day in the middle of the thread and all of one person seemed to bat an eye.

4. Motorboat

Motorboat New Member

This deserves an explanation, because it's gonna be hilarious.

5. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Let'em keep trash talking. We're still 1st in the division.

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Can't prove it ,but I think Revis was expecting help from Rhodes . Great route ?? He ran straight down the field - no double move , no adjustment , just straight down the field. I give him credit he made the catch -he's been known to drop easy ones.

7. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Yeah , I get it the D played horribly Monday night. We're all dissapointed , but its only 1 game , if it becomes a habit then we have a problem .

And as far as guys talking - its all part of the agressive philosophy of our HC , look at the Ravens ,they always ran their mouths . It sounds like some of you guys want to go back to the gestapo ways of Mangini where players weren't allowed to open their mouths.

Bottom line trash talking has always been a part of sports - its just our over sensitive media and fanbase who are scared of our team getting a reputation. I say bring it on , every team has clunkers , its how they regroup that's the telling point.

8. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Calvin Pace: "Wildcat is 'nonsense'"

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/123214-jets-lb-dolphins-wildcat-is-nonsense

calvin needs to shut the fuck up and give us what he owes us

9. Al13

Al13 Member

i think you should watch the replay again and tell me again that he just went down the field....

[​IMG]

#249 Al13, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    he blew it..

11. Henneontherocks

Henneontherocks New Member

You guys ran a wildcat play, this is what you all don't understand. It is garbage when it destroys your defense but it would have been good coaching had Leon Washington gained 25 yards when your team tried it Monday night! Hypocrites!

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Tried it once who gives a shit hardly hypocrites and who cares your team won you were the better team that night why are you still here..

13. Ted

Ted Member

Perfectly stated.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Umm...no, it isn't. The single wing is an offensive package that uses deception to slow the defenders and force them to think more. That is what the "Wildcat" is. That is not smash mouth football.

Smash mouth football is when I run the ball right at you, between the tackles, and pound at you for yards over and over again. My offense straight up overpowers your defense play after play. It is power football at its purest.

Try that style of football with the Jets defense and see what happens........

15. Henneontherocks

Henneontherocks New Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on.

Also true that it isn't the end of the world, or the season, and it MIGHT just be the bitch slap that fuels this team upward at the end of the day.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This has been quoted a lot because it speaks the truth.

Here is what I am starting to sense. Very, very slowly, Rex is kinda turning this team into the team everyone loves to beat, mostly because of all the BS talk during the week.

I guess it was fun for awhile because it was different; very different from what we were use to, but it is getting old fast. I don't mind the guys being very confident, but this publicized jawing during the week or even after the game has got to stop. I don't see anything good coming of it at all. The reason is basically, that everytime we do it and do not deliver there is a bigger let down than if we said nothing at all.

We have to focus all our efforts on being prepared and playing football hard. Our D did not play like they were prepared for Modnay night. Hopefully, they will have a reality check and fight that much harder.

I do not consider any of the Dolphins plays to be gimmicky. In football, you do what it takes to win. If the Doplh's won a SB using predominately the WC there would be no asterisk next to the trophy. The wildcat is a legal football formation and if it works then you better deal with it.

Now, going forward, I would expect almost everybody we play will have a Wildcat package for us until we prove that we can stop it. We have to earn our respect on the field; not with our mouths.

18. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Cmon - your calling that a great route ?? Its not like he faked out Revis who was step for step with him then Ginn's speed allowed seperation and again I'll contend Revis was expecting help from Rhodes over the top.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Only thing I don't agree with in your post is the line "Without a total BS PI call this game isn't close." First in my mind it wasn't a total BS PI call. While not blatant, I think that Edwards hands were impeded while the ball was in the air and that play gets flagged about 1/2 the time. Also, the Jets were down by four with about 5 minutes to play with the ball near mid-field (prior to the PI penalty). Sounds close to me. If the pass was just incomplete (the play was on first down) then perhaps the Jets score on that drive anyway and leave less time on the clock. The yardage and TOP might have even been closer had the PI not been called.

Everything else about the defense was spot on.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

..you cant deny revis blew it honestly man and i bet revis would admit it.