Did Idzik Do Good w/ Revis Trade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Did Idzik Do Well w/ Trade?

1. Yes. He took the best possible offer given the circumstances.

216 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No. He dropped the ball on this one and should/could have gotten more.

38 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. goat784

goat784 Banned

Who's to say Revis wouldn't have taken less then what Bucs gave... I mad at the fact they never tried to talk about a contract extension with him. If they offered 11 million a year and Revis says no then fine send him packing but they shoulda tried to keep him first.

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Had to do it but Im sure we could have gotten more. Could be wrong but my gut tells me if we were a little more stubborn we'd been better off.

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

No, I'm still too upset over trade.

Throwing away my Revis jerseys today was traumatic.

Kinda like how you felt when found out Santa clause is not real.

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

so what should he have gotten then? and how do you know TB was "desperate" to get revis? where's the "leverage" on a player asking an exorbitant sum on a team with multiple holes to fill who can walk after one year and you get squat in return?

you just like to argue and be contrarian for the sake of it and you think ur smarter than
    everyone

haven't you made a big enough fool of yourself defending Mark Sanchez without spreading that here?

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We have to nail these picks

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Basically, it all comes down to this. Idzik gets to make his bones today. I wish him luck because given the Jets history, he's gonna need it.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Plus there is the added factor that Idzik could not drag this trade up to the draft. A physical was required. He also needs time to get his board in order for the draft and field future possibilities for trade downs, if he decides to do it. He had to know what he was working with so he took the offer when he thought he had no more time to negotiate. He had to make the decision about when he did. He had no more time to haggle. And there wwere no other suitors. He did not want to wait til August and see if there was interest then. Most of all, he did not want Revis walking for a comp pick next year. He was not interested in high 2014 picks, anyway, for the most part. And, these draft day trades do not get put together in the 15 minute span between picks. They are set up in advance.

8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

If he was prepared to wait TB out and resign Revis long term if it fell through he probably could have gotten more. The problem is that even though he might have haggled an extra 3rd or 4th this year if it came down to it 75% of the time then the other 25% of the time that the Bucs back out it would be a disaster.

Idzik got as much as he could without being able to call Tampa's bluff. That is a lot better than getting nothing at all for Revis or even worse getting fucked by meeting his outrageous salary demands.

9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I really don't think that we got enough. Not the GM's fault though, Jets waited to long to deal him.