Did Idzik Do Good w/ Revis Trade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Did Idzik Do Well w/ Trade?

1. Yes. He took the best possible offer given the circumstances.

216 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No. He dropped the ball on this one and should/could have gotten more.

38 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought we should have got more for Revis but for $16 million/year I think he was really in a corner. I'll feel better about it if he can trade down at least one of those first round picks.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that is absolute nonsense. Tampa Bay got the better of the deal, but that doesn't make this a bad deal for the Jets. the Jets got the 13th pick which is a high value pick, and unless you have credible information that the Jets could have gotten more you are simply not taking responsibility for your own disappointment with Revis' lack of trade value by making up the fantasy that his value is higher in reality and it is the Jets fault for not getting it.

take responsibility for your own disappointment.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

on the face of it everybody wins

jets get a 1st they wanted

bucs get revis

revis gets 16mil a year

what will be interesting is to find out who is still happy in 2 years.

will the jets have made good use of the pick? thats the ony gamble they made. pick bust and the revis memory will always sting

the bucs made 2 gambles. 1. will revis be the revis of old or will he be missing something after the a.c.l. surgery? and if he is the old revis, will he be happy playing year to year or will he demand contract with upfront money and guarentees? with revis' holdout history,i don't see how this bodes well for tampa. he either doesn't live up to the 16 per or he does and holdsout. outside of a superbowl appearance very quickly,tampa will regret this trade in 2015 at the latest

4. JetBlue

yup. then Revis leaves and goes to the Patriots. Jets lose.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

how? he leaves tampa 1 of 2 ways.

they cut him because he hasn't recovered to the point of being worth 16 a year and won't redo his deal

or

they cut him because he is a pain in the ass and wants a bigger deal than the 16mil they agreed too

which scenario makes you think the patriots would want him?

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

*Do Well.

And yes, given the circumstances, Idzik did.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah I put it right in the poll question, but didn't fix it in the title LOL

I'm usually spot on with grammar haha

8. Falco21

Wow!

I am loving these poll results. Goes to show a lot of this forum still has a head on their shoulders LOL

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If one team has the better of end of the deal, doesn't that in essence make it a bad deal the other team? I don't know about you but when I attempt to deal I rather not to have the other party get the better end; I at the very least would like to break even. Neither of us have credible information that says they could have gotten more or less, so that's moot. Not to mention, that "credible information" can be relative. Your post is an exercise in contraction. You are chastising me about me feeling his value was higher while expressing that Tampa got the better end of the deal which would imply that you, yourself, felt that Revis had more value than what we got in return. Lastly, if you really read my post you would know that I'm not placing fault on anyone; I simply expressed that I think it's fair for fans, myself included, to be disappointed with the deal which we "did not get the better end" of.

10. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Waaaaah Jesus cry us a river. The cheatriots won't pay Mevi$ the money his asking. Jets win by getting value a for a me first player

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not even a close call.

I had some retard calling me out for saying Rsvis cieling was a two.

Sf, with a plethora of picks and a need, would go no higher than a three.

TB, takes a page from crazy uncle Als playbook. Good for Revis, bad for TB, and the League.

GREATfor the Jets.

Remember we had him fir 6m, this year.,but.,,in 2010, he had the fake hammy, when he wanted a new deal, so he was done as a jet.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its interesting to see how many people thought he did well in this trade.

so many jets fans are pissed about the trade but the site seems to have a real movement toward it being a good idea. its a bit scary how much support he is getting around here for trading away the best player this team may have ever seen.

13. Falco21

What you and many on here don't understand is that although Revis might be the best player the Jets have ever had, we need more talent everywhere on this roster. He didn't play last season and we did just fine without him. He became expendable as he demanded more and more money. I don't care how great he was. You DO NOT pay a CB that kind of money. Especially a corner who is playing on a team who is struggling like crazy with the salary cap.

It was time to move on and Idzik took what he could while he could. If losing Revis is the start of a new young roster and a plethora of talent in this draft, I will take it any day of the week.

14. JetBlue

joke.
    no. when I make a deal my priority is to get a deal that I benefit from. whether the other party also benefits and to what extent does not minimize my benefit. one has nothing to do with the other, and it is ridiculous to say that because one party may benefit more than the other party got a bad deal. when you buy a house and get the price you want, by your logic the seller got a bad deal because both parties can't both get good deals. are you willing to support that ridiculous argument?

no, I chastised you for not taking responsibility for that disappointment and attempting to place blame in the Jets for not getting a better deal.

if a better deal was available why didn't the Jets take it?

15. Hobbes3259

And can we please stop with the best player the Jets have ever seen.

By all accounts, before knee damage Namath was a superior athlete, and...btw..won a Superbowl, and was the first player to pass for 4K yards.

Klecko, pro bowled at every position on the Dline.

Gastineau, set the Sack Record.

Curtis Martin, was a far more versatile baller...watch the Monday Night Miracle, where he played RB, and WR down the stretch.

Revis is a great cornerback...no doubt..,but..lets stop the PMSing.

As far as being dominant, you could probably add Maynard to that list.

16. alleycat9

i wasnt commenting on my thoughts. i stated those much much earlier and they are that its disappointing but i understand why the jets did it. i dont think its a bad move. but thats irrelevant.

my point was how its a bit surprising that there is such an overwhelming number of people who think it was the right move. for the first time ever i feel like maybe even people might be following the crowd on this one... even though i am part of that crowd.

17. alleycat9

i watched klecko, gastineau and martin... none of them were as dominant as revis. gastineau was as flashy and appeared as dominant but darrelle revis was a better run defender than gastineau.

i think he is head and shoulders above the guys i have seen. especially on the defensive side of the ball.

he is gone, im not mad about it but to deny he was amazing and probably will continue to be is absurd.

18. Hobbes3259

Yeah, a guy that gets to the QB, more than any other player ever has.,,ever...isnt mor dominating than a a CB...

And..as I said, Martin..,when needed had the ability to take over a game, like the MNM.

And...klecko..once again...every position on the DLine ...Probowl.

Wake me when Revis probowls at 4 positions.

The simple fact is, all of those players are far greater impact players than a cb.

Thats where Mevi$ and reality diverge.

The closer to the ball, the greater the impact.

Please...if we could have traded Revis, straight up for a 22 sack defensive end, are you really suggesting, youd keep Revis?

PS..if he was so amazing, why is ot we only had one bidder.,,SF with a plethora of picks, wouldnt go beyond a third?

Curious...

CB has been over valued for a decade,

#58 Hobbes3259, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

In 2 years Brady is out. Let Pats pay Revis. Let them build THEIR team around a CB.

20. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'll take it for now. This team needs an enema. We got rid of one of the larger turds right there. That's the easy part. Let's see how he builds...