Devil's Advocate: Assuming Bowles gets fired at the end of the season- Who do you want?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gordy, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Bowles is not getting fired, end of story.
    You guys can't be serious!!!
    If he goes, the GM goes with him.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't know that. Hopefully, he wakes up, makes changes and turns things around, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that. He has regressed from last year and is doing a horrible job this season. If the team continues to beat itself and he does nothing to stop that, he should be fired.

Why would Mac go with Bowles? Mac didn't hire Bowles, Woody did. Mac has done a great job acquiring veteran talent through trades and FA, and has added talent and speed to the team.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Welcome to reality, silly fellow. This is the New York Jets. The only team that gets excited about the end of the world.

You should embrace the nightmare. More fun.

SouthBayJetsfan4life likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

For most of us who are upset, it isn't that we're losing. It's HOW we're losing. We're beating ourselves. Aside from the Seattle game, the other teams aren't outclassing us or beating us down. We're killing ourselves with mental errors and blown coverages in the secondary, with stupid penalties, TOs, poor game plans, no adjustments when things don't work, no sense of urgency on offense, poor play calling and execution. I don't think a single poster would be upset if we were 1-3 and had played smart, tough, disciplined football in every game, Bowles was making adjustments and changes, the play calling was good, but the other teams were just better and were stopping our offense and our D couldn't stop their offense.

MJK, rohirrim665, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What if Bowles were to be replaced with Chan Gaily during the bye week to finish out the season?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Way too early to kick Bowles out, but, no one here can actually say he's improved as a coach. No adjustments, no accountability, poor timeout usage, poor time management in general, and poor challenges. His game plans are either piss poor or not being executed properly or both. I need to see more out of him before I automatically subscribe to the idea of a 3rd year with him. Honestly, if we go 4-12 should we not at least consider replacing him?

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

A lot of this sounds like the same things that were said about Rex.

The Jets need an established coach. Last time they've had one is Parcells. Every guy since then has had zero NFL experience before the Jets.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Jesus. Jim Schwartz is 29-52 all time as a head coach. I understand wanting him as a DC, but we'd have to fire up a Fire Schwartz thread before the Fire Bowles thread made it off the first page....

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately throughout these 4 games I have seen a lot of Rex-like characteristics out of Bowles and it really has me feeling down about the prospect of him growing and becoming a better HC. Despite his ability to keep the team levelheaded and his handling of the media, I have been reminded on a weekly basis that Bowles has either stagnated or flat out regressed. He has another 12 games to show his worth. Also, when he comes out and blindly supports fitz, it sends a terrible message. Where is the accountability? You're going to, without any reservation, back a QB who has thrown 9 picks within the last 2 games? It's a terrible look.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If were assuming Bowles gets fired, I'm going to assume Bill Walsh is still alive and available.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

ANYBODY that has FB smarts that are on par with Belly:mad:

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I literally just did a spit take, good one LMAO!!!!!!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I heard Woody has Tom Landry on speed dial.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

David Shaw, Stanford. IS a HC and has NFL experience.

Chris Klieman , North Dakota State . Is a HC and helped develope Carson Wentz.

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bingo... this is right on. It's the way we are losing that is troubling.... If we are 1-6 and he doesn't make any changes at all meaning CS and players, then maybe he shouldn't be here...but I doubt Woody and Mike would fire him at the end of the season. Like you and others I am hoping he will turn it around...

16. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think there's a guy in Buffalo that fits your bill.

17. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I didn't read through 5 pages, but was Bill Cowher or John Gruden mentioned? Had to have been with this group. In all seriousness Bowles isn't going anywhere barring a 1- 4 win season job. Excluding the aforementioned pipe dreams, I'd take a serious look at George Edwards of Minnesota Vikings.

18. NCJetsfan

No one's assuming anything. We just think that if he and the team don't show significant improvement and progress by the end of the season, he should be.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Shaw aint leaving Stanford. and for the other guy its a ridiculously big jump to go from coaching IAA football in freakin North Dakota to coaching professionals in New York

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

man I feel so confident as a Jet fan to see these coaching options!

[​IMG]

Red Menace and TwoHeadedMonster like this.