details NFL offer to union ... union says not good enough...wtf

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsFan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Having great players certainly helps the league; but I wouldn't say the NFL is "just a league." The NFL owners own brands that are more important than the particular players. Most fans (at least the type who pay to attend games and buy most of the merchandise) root for laundry, not players. There are limits to this of course; no one's going to watch eight-graders battle it out just because one team is the Jets, the other the Patriots. But I'd say that on the whole the brand is more important than the players.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

but what would the brand be if the league was filled with guys straight out of the ufl? even in college they have great players mixed in with the average joes... that would be an entire league void of superstars. the brand would only be of value for a short time. without espn highlights the majority of nfl fans wont bother.

personally i really enjoy watching kids play from 5 year olds through high school. the thing is it doesnt cost more than 5 bucks to go watch those games. although they are just as entertaining as the nfl games most of the time.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol you think pee wee football is as entertaining as the NFL?

4. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

The labor stuff brings out the drama queens of this site.

If the players want more maybe they should go start their own league and see how it goes. Or maybe try for another job.

The player don't relize the opporutnity that has been created for them by the league. The league does not need the current player. The can be replaced by the draft, just like they are every few years anyway. Will we have lower caliber for a few years? Sure. But we won't have to deal with this shit again.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You know that the owners are the ones who opted out of the existing agreement right? The players were perfectly fine with the existing one.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

By genius I was being sarcastic. Your post was so far below dumb that if I actually said what your opinion and post was, I would probably be banned.

This entire situation is so far above your intelligence level that having a reasonable discussion of why you are 100% wrong would be next to impossible.

#86 Miamipuck, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is the crux of it and why is it so difficult to comprehend? Does it take a genius to figure this out?

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

is the nflpa kidding me about having the draftees boycott the draft? they really wanna cost these kids a chance at experiencing part of their dream?

Horrible PR move.

fucking idiots.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I havent seen this yet but if thats true thats just terrible.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I heard the NFL is offering to pay the draftees to show.

11. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I heard that too. I also saw on the news tonight that the players union is telling the 'big names' not to go to the draft for the usual photo ops

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

why would the draftees side with the artist formerly known as the NFLPA who tentatively bargained away their big rookie contracts?

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl: So true... food for thought. Interesting situation.

I think we just may get to see Footsteps Falco out of all this.. it may be entertaining. Especially if they get those cheerleaders that smack each other on the ass.

14. Gunther

Gunther Member

How do you figure?
    What big rookie contracts?

15. Gunther

Gunther Member

Because it's easier to blame David than to face Goliath.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not sure I even understand you not understanding what Big rookie contracts means.

#96 GQMartin, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sounds like the District Court is to rule on the lockout on December 6th. Until then there will likely be no real negotiations. That doesn't mean there will not be alot of noise going on. There will be. But none of it will mean as much as what the court decides.

That being the case, and with March Madness polluting the sports pages, there's not much to follow right now.

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

December 6? What?

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

IATA ... you have a horrible avatar of a guy who after appearing in dozens of big screen movie is trying to find two pennies to rub together, not to mention the photo is from one of his many flops.

And to say you don't like post-it girl is just wrong.

Some of your comments are spoken like they are right out of the mouth of Cage himself so I guess it's a good avatar for you after all.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

I don't recall my son Mongo being in any movies, so no, this is not a pic from any movie.

And nigga please, your avatars are terrible. I get it, you're trying to convince everyone that you're heterosexual, yay. But if you're going that route, at least have something interesting to look at. That shit is just straight up terrible.