Defend him now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2012.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

His confidence is shot right about now and i think it is a big reason why he sucked it up today. Not trying to sugar coat some of his boneheaded mistakes but i think the offensive line is probably the biggest reason. He looks scared and rushed. Hopefully this offseason we can upgrade the OL and WR corp and ofcourse can schotty. Time to revamp the offense.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Dumbest.Fanbase.Afteraloss.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No doubt about it this has been a constant with Sanchez. Maybe he simply isn't a man yet or maybe we need to put a coaching staff around him that he buys into?

He looks like a kid and acts like a kid. The defenses thrive on it as well. When a QB is a man and leads, he also is more likely to stand in under pressure and make throws down the field. Nothing your team mates and the opposition respects more than a qb who has the confidence to lead and stand in and make throws with choas all around him. Sanchez has bad body language and happy feet. It's not just his own team that sees it the other team sees it.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Brady, Big Ben...

5. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Both rode HOF coaches and elite defenses then

6. Scottso

Scottso Member

I'll defend him. First of all u have a young Quarterback who has had a revolving door at receiver. There is a reason the guy always throws to Dustin Keller, it's called chemistry. That is the only guy he can throw to that he has been with since he came into the league and has chemistry with.

Plaxico Burress is slow as sin and gets no separation. Teams roll their coverage to Santonio Holmes, who is a very good receiver but he is not the prototypical receiver that u can use to stretch the field. He is a receiver that runs the quick outs , and gets YAC. So defenses keep everything in tight with no deep ball threat. Which completely clutters the passing lanes.

The offensive line has been spotty at best, and Sanchez is under pressure a lot more often. And when nobody is open who do you throw to? Eventually you get frustrated and just sling it and try to make a play because nothing else is working.

The fact of the matter is that the administration of this team made some bad miscalculations this year. Plaxico was a bad move, Wayne Hunter bad move, Shonn Greene is not a number 1, Matthew Mulligan shouldn't even be starting at Rutgers let alone see the field in the NFL. Slauson has turned out to be very suspect. Eric Smith is not a starter. The scouting department is missing too often.

The Jets need to re evaluate the way they do business this off season. Biggest team sport you will ever come across, and their is a lot more to it than Sanchez. Granted he needs to improve. But so did Eli Manning in Year 3, so did Drew Brees etc. Get the kid the right players around him and let him grow...figuring where we will be sitting in the draft Michael Floyd wouldn't be a bad start.

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Sign that beast as GM.

9. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

he played well some games and not that good in others, but he hasn't played many games anyway

looking patiently, it might be a good idea to sign him actually, he's young and who knows right

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

After three years, this is where I am now.

Since I know Sanchez is the Jets QB for AT LEAST 2 more years, I hope I'm wrong.

11. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

Post of the day.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

listen the guy is scared, he cant put the ball where it needs to be put on a consistent basis. when you throw it behind your rb in the flat more than you do where it belongs you are not accurate. when you throw it behind your guys inthe middle ofhte field consistently you are not accurate.

when you get scared at the sight of a defender and just chuck the ball as he has done time and time and time again this year you are not a good or clutch qb. i dont see it getting fixed but he will have next year to show if he can or not. i dont see him being the qb of the jets after next year.

13. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I agree. He's on probation once we get a new OC. If he doesn't show improvement then bye bye. I don't get how ppl can justify giving Schitty a 5 year audition yet wanna can Mark. Mark's had more success as a Jet IMO than Schotty. His best moments came on two minute drills where Schotty had little to no input.

14. KWJetsFan

You were given the opportunity to refute your arguments and failed miserably.

Psssst.......I think it's you.

15. KWJetsFan

Please, oh wise, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, wise one. Enlighten us on what went wrong and how things can be made better. (Please remember the salary cap and our limited trade value)

16. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

I only debate with intelligent folks. Not complete morons.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Joe Montana
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tom Brady
    Roger Staubach
    Jeff Hostetler (had been in league for more than 3 years when won SB with NYG but did not have much experience)
    Kurt Warner

Joe Namath and Eli Manning won SBs in their 4th seasons. John Elway got to a SB in his 4th season.

The idea that Sanchez needs several more seasons to become an elite QB is patently ridiculous. The majority of elite QBs played quality football early in their careers. Sanchez has not played quality football outside of a game here or a game there. The Jets don't have 2-4 more years to figure out if Sanchez is good or not. 2012 will be huge. He must make a major leap next season.

I get it. Sanchez does not get help from his coaches and this year his offensive line was putrid. Don't kid yourself, though. Sanchez is a major reason why the Jets were bad this year.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez -

Can:
    - Eat the hell out of a hot dog
    - Get in GQ magazine
    - Date famous sluts
    - Get in lots of commercials
    - Complete a pass with a 2 liter of pepsi

Can NOT:
    - See past his 1st read
    - Throw the ball away instead of take a sack
    - Complete a throw outside the #'s
    - Make average, basic, simple decisions all QB's have to make
    - Act positively to adversity
    - See the whole field (EVER)
    - Stop trying to feed the ball into a tiny window between 3+ defenders

#78 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  19. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

MarkSanchez,poopdick?

20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez is a bad quarterback right now whose ceiling diminishes with every game he plays like this.