Defend him now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2012.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if a "real" OC would make a difference. Sanchez still has the same problems he had his first season. He stare's down receivers, he's slow to read defensive coverages, he's slow to see open receievers, He doesn't manage the pocket well, and eh's inaccurate with this throws. While I don't think Schotty is a good OC your quarterback has to give you something.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That is true, and the playoffs is why everyone wants to see another OC. If Sanchez hadn't shown any flashes or comebacks I would write him off. He has shown flashes and I want to see if an OC can harness those flashes.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I've seen us win with Sanchez, but I just wish we had a QB who didn't need excuses made for him.

4. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

just to be clear, you people are all joking with the whole mcelroy time thing right?

the kid sucks

Sanchez sucked today, but i don't know, i mean, we all know he ain't going anywhere next year

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree, you guys are killing a three year QB who has not sat on the bench and learned from a seasoned OC and QB.

Give him 2 more years with an OC who knows what he is doing and give him a running game, he is going to be a very good QB.

The way he was hit this year with that poor oline, I'm surprised he did not have season ending shoulder injury.

6. Red Menace

Name them, please.

7. Red Menace

And for all this Mcelroy nonsense, he would not last 2 games with this oline, he is another pennington.

8. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

a real oc isnt going to stop sanchez from throwing terrible passes, or throwing passes to d lineman.

9. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

After the performance by matt flynn...480 yards 6 td's 1 int with a garbage packers oline and no run game...it's sanchez

#49 Nilton, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He has 12 more touchdowns than last year. He improved in total yardage, and completion percentage. He was stuck playing behind a shitty offensive line, with one WR who just got out of jail, and another one that is a huge dick. He lost his #2, #3 and #4 WRs in the offseason, and he had a shortened offseason with little time to adapt to the change. His offensive coordinator is one of the worst in the league.

11. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

*6 touchdowns

So your point being matt flynn kicks ass and he is obviously the better quarterback because he had one amazingly lucky game?

Besides, i didn't watch the packers game, but matt flynn playing like aaron rodgers was playing? pretty sure the team must not have scuked that much today

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Isn't 2 more years just in time for his contract to be up?? Great! He'll go somewhere else and be awesome...

But I don't want to wait around for it to happen here, if ever.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

the dude has played well in the chances he's gotten. So i don't think it's lucky.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I could say a lot bit I just want point out one thing.

It’s a big game and every time we see Sanchez on the sidelines he is sitting there staring blankly. Not analyzing photos. Not talking to WR’s or lineman. Not even seemingly in the game. No rally cry. No leadership. Just a kid sitting on the bench.

If he is going to have a future in the NFL he is going to have to man up and take his job seriously. He makes a lot of money and needs to make a serious commitment to becoming the best. He needs to start playing like a man and not a child.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with him taking little hits and running off the field nursing his throwing arm. Hes done it a few times now in the last month.

16. Mr. Green Pants

A good OC can play a significant role in improving a QB's mechanics and decision making. He can also design a game plan that plays to a QB'S strengths. It's nuts to think Schotty hasn't held back Sanchez's development.

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Really good point. You want to be great, well then strive to do it rather than sulk. I can only assume he was thinking about getting a hot dog on the sideline.

18. Mr. Green Pants

As someone else said in another thread, it's likely he's been playing with a dinged shoulder for about a month.

19. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Its not just him. He did make some bad throws but the OL couldn't give him time or even understand the fucking snap count. The D gave up a 21 play TD drive. Give him an OL, new OC, and get rid of Holmes, who quit on the team and fans today and then I'll give up on him.
    When he had time you watch him go through his reads only to check down because WRs couldn't get open.

20. Mr. Green Pants

I agree, his body language was terrible. Didn't look like a guy who was all-in, that's for sure.