Deangelo Hall to the Raiders

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gsulli5861, Mar 15, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I did some research, (try it sometime)- yes your cap # is good right now. I don't know what the contracts look like so i'm not going to contest that factor.

Fine and now for the future?? Is that the way its been for a half of a decade?? I'll let you dream, its all Raiders fans have.

Some of the players we have are slightly stop gap, yes. But see how I didn't talk about contracts and cap hell in this post because i know nothing about what the structure is with the Raider players?? Learn from me. Those contracts are set up to where if failure is prevalent, we can cut them without problem.
    Franks, Richardson-- not much left, and we signed them to 1 year contracts for a reason.
    Jenkins, Pace, Faneca - Plenty left. Pace is young, NTs and LGs can play the game for 14+ years... so how is it win right now?
    Damien Woody is the only guy who may not be around, and his contract makes him expendable if he is not good this year. We suffer nothing if they suck.

The shelf life may not be as high, but the talent is higher. We've seen the Jets reach the playoffs with most of the team they have now.

We've seen the Raiders change personnel entirely, from everyone under Al Davis down to the Long Snapper, and you still are drafting top 10 and getting nothing from them.

So to summarize-- I guess our teams did the same thing by structuring contracts so that they aren't in hell in the later years. But the difference is that reports are predicting we may take the AFC East if the Pats implode (long shot yes but its being published) as the Radiers continue to be looked at as the laughing stock of the National Football League.

2. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

HALL DEAL OFFICIAL
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2008, 9:46 p.m.
    Updating prior reports, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that cornerback DeAngelo Hall officially is a member of the Oakland Raiders.

Thus, the Falcons have unloaded a player whom they didn’t want and who didn’t want to be there for a high second-round pick and a sixth-rounder.

And Hall gets a big, fat contract from a new team that he can destroy from the inside out.

So everyone wins. Except the Raiders. But, hey, they’re used to that by now.

As I have said....Hall has speed..and a MOUTH..that's it! Good luuck Raiders and thank GOD we didn't try to aquire this cancer!

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Sorry Jenkins- been on steady decline Jets are praying he playing at 360- Thats not Jenkins probowl weight. , Faneca(to a degree didn't play as well last year ,as in year past - Steelers have good track record of letting players go at the right time- See Joey Porter) , FB richardson - once was very very good FB who has seen better days. B Franks another pretty good TE that has been on the steady decline. These Guys once were dominating Players. Not any more. maybe if this was 2003 you could get away with higher talent comment. Not in 2008. These GUYs aren't winning the Jets superbowl next year or in 2009. Will these guys be around when Jets are ready to make a championship run._ Highly doubtful. Look Like Mangini trying to save his job more than to win a championship.

Lets see raiders traded a 2 and sixth rounder for 23/24 year old Two time probowler. Deangelo Hall . Signed a 26 year old Safety Gibril Wilson who was Giants most consistant player in their secondary. Resigned Their Best All round Dlineman Tom Kelly 27. Signed 25 Year Old Kareem Harris who their Oline coach believes is perfect LT for his system. Took a flyer on 28 William Joseph 6'5 305 Could provide cheap depth at De/DT . Soon will be resigning their best CB 26 Year old N Asomugha to long term contract. 29 Year Old javon walker_ Really only risk. Not so much money, but on his health. That really was the only way to get a true number 1 wr this offseason.

Again these Moves improved the Raiders tremendously next year but they will be part of the raiders future.

#83 Raiderjoe, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea Deangelo hall made two probowl with his mouth. You do know the guy is 23/ 24 years old. The scary part is this two time probowler is the Raiders number 2 CB(will be on other teams number 2 WR) When you play man to man 98% Of the time, and have two CBs as talented as N Asomugha and Deangelo hall. You can do so much more on defense. For example put more people in the box to stop the run.
    You look at the talent Raiders have assembled on defense and their ages . This defense has potential to be dominant and for many years.
    Thank God For AL davis.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No, the talent is higher. We brought in a bunch of proven winners who will contribute to the team. The speculation that they are on the decline will be proven for Faneca and Jenkins alone.

You ignored the fact that i said we signed Franks and Richardson to 1 year contracts. They aren't staying around long because they have nothing left. So you agree with me there. They bring in attitude and leadership for the young guys. They aren't here to win a championship.

Jenkins and Faneca can play for 5-8 extra years at their positions. Look at Ted Washington, 380 Lbs and still going strong at almost 2 decades as an NT. Faneca is good and healthy enough to play for another 5+ as well. Please understand why they aren't skill positions.

Your defense is full of Young kids who have to follow coach after coach after coach. Hall went for the money, but i can't wait for what he is going to say when Kiffin and Davis get into it during the season... when will your 5th coach come along in as many years? Week 5,7,12? If these young kids were such dominant players, why do i not know one all too well, except for Asomugha and Tommy Kelly? Kelly i know due to us looking at him and the chuckling at his contract.

So enjoy your young bad talent, which may have to learn another coach's philosophy because your owner has dementia, while i enjoy my old good talent, who has a young coach that the owners have full confidence in.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This is why i know that i'll never have to take you seriously and argue with you for fun. Its fans like you that keep your team from doing well by loving your retarded owner. We don't like our owner and we made the playoffs 3 times since 2002. you made it once, and you got raped by your old coach.

Yes, thank god for Al Davis-- he keeps the Raiders in the cellar where they belong.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Digging through the usual verbal diarrhea that are raiderjeaux's posts, this one was fascinating. He pumps up Kwame Harris, a guy who's currently on the path to being a bust, but Tony Richardson makes the Pro Bowl LAST YEAR, and he's "seen better days".

You're one of a kind, jeaux. Don't ever change.