Deangelo Hall to the Raiders

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gsulli5861, Mar 15, 2008.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think it's a great move on the part of teams to trade disgruntled troublemakers like DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders. What a horrific oblivion that place is. A friend of mine was cut by the Raiders last year and told me that even though he didn't have a new job waiting for him, he was glad to be out of there. That place is a disaster.

-X-

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Oops. :rofl:

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

4. GreenMachine

Sorry...LOL

:up:

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

it was my mistakes its cool... but on a football note I figured that hall would request almost as much as Samuel if not that much... and before you can convince me Hall is worth that much I still need to see Samuel succeed out of NE to be convinced he was worth the money he was given like all free agent acquisitions. I think Hall has a LOT more problems than Samuel.

Hall's all about cashing in right now... not winning right now.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly, with Fabian Washington and Ashouwhatever...both solid starters. Now they bring in the malcontent.

Who is steering that ship. They need to fill some other holes, not add expensive CB's. But who cares, it's the Raiders and their retarded fans with those silly halloween masks.

7. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=3174

his contract isnt up until 2010, i smell a trade.
    I doubt we get into offering for him though. He doesn't seem like a corner that would excel in our system. He has great speed and although thats nice, i would rather have a corner that is a bit slower but a better tackler. Especially with how we normally use zone coverage schemes.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Harris played awful in the Dallas game and wasn't good in the Championship Game.

Hall and Asomugha would be the best tandem, I think.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Dre Bly did not play all that well in 2007.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Who is the friend?

A pet peeve of mine is posters claiming they know an NFL player, but refuse to note the player. No harm would come to note who the guy is.

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

YEs Raiders have the best starting Duo at CB in the NFL. Nobody has the depth Raiders have at CB. You want to play with three and four reciever set, Raiders have the ability to matchup with those recievers. What this does is strengthen Raiders nickel defense tremendously. Asomugha , Routt and F washington all prefer playing outside position. I think when teams go three wide D Hall will pick up the slot reciever. (move inside). Thats where teams hurt the raiders alot .

What does this mean when Raiders acquire another pass rusher De in the draft. You will have two lethal passrushers .(d Burgess and draft choice) With very good passrushers atDT- Tom Kelly and G Warren/ William Joseph You throw in two of the best cover LBs( Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison. Not to mention one of the best cover safeties in Michael huff. Gibril Wilson no sloch in coverage. You don't want to get in obvious passing situations against the Raiders.

Raiders strengthen their run defense by acquiring Gibril Wilson-sure handed tackler) D Hall another pretty good tackler. Tom kelly a BIg uipgrade from Sapp in defending the run. IF raiders sign Kevin Carter he will be a nice run stuffer at base de. D Burgess who was too undersized at Base DE, will move to RDE on the run downs(better matchup)

Raiders defense going to be pretty sick.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think Raiders did good here. If they decide to add Gholston to Burgess, Kelly, Morrison, Howard, Asomougha, Hall, and Michael Huff.... You gotta admit that's alot of pro bowls waiting to happen. But the offense needs to get in gear to go anywhere.

13. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

NO Fabian Washington who had a better rookie year than Revis, but who for some unknown reason struggled badly his second season. (last year) . All the Raiders CBs (N asomugha , Stanford Routt and Fabian Washinton prefer playing on the outside than playing inside against the slot reciever. D Hall will most likely move inside on the slot reciever .(improves raiders tremedously there) With N Asomugha and S routt on the outside. If it was up to me I wouldn't trade F Washington as this is not the time to trade him.(coming off a horrible year)

Raiders have done alot to improve their defense and offense from last year. Lets see Raiders last year proved they could run the ball very effectively. This year they Upgraded the weapons on offense and the offensiveline. Lets see with javon Walker(IF healthy) is a number 1 reciever. Team him with Ronald curry. Now throw in Burner Drew carter 6'3 200 and you have some serious weapons on offense for your franchise Qb. Raiders strengthen their oline with 49ers BUst Kwame Harris. A way better fit for FRaiders blocking system. Lets see Kwame harris 6'7 320 R Gallery 6'7 325 C Jeremy Newberry( Raiders oline coach wants back but still hasn't been resigned. Cooper Carlise- Did a solid j
    ob at RG. RT - 6'5 315 Pat MCquistan did an excellent job at RT down the stretch.
    Raiders have a vwery good chance to bea playoff team next season.

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

IF Raiders defense plays as well as they are capable than they are going to win alot of games with the offense they have right now. Hear me out. Raiders last year were the sixth best team rushing the football. You can rush the ball thatwell and have a scary defense ,and you are going to win enough games to be close to a playoff team.
    Kiffin stated why he wanted to fire Rob Ryan. With the running game and what the defense was suppose to be theyshould have won alot of games. The defense didn't play that way(they made alot of positive additions to a talented defense and addressed the weak spots). The defense plays to level expected and there offense is good enough to get them to the playoffs. To get to next level. Raiders need jamarcus russell to be the man.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

Wow, HUGE addition to the Raiders if this is true...getting a top flight, YOUNG CB for a second round pick is just sick. That secondary has the potential to be dominant if they find someone who'll allow Huff to play FS.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Schweigert is strong enough against the run to play SS. If this trade goes through, the Raiders defense will become a top defense. Thomas Howard is one of the best young linebackers in the game.

17. JetsLookingforDWare

And Morrison might be better.

They're a laughing stock right now and have been for years, but I expect the Raiders will be back soon enough.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Schweigert not sniffing the starting lineup in Oakland. There is a reason why Raiders paid alot of Money to Gibril Wilson- hes a very sure handed tackler - something that was defintely needed.(won't be seeing those sportcenter lowlights as Stuart misses another tackle) IS he the ideal SS. NO but M Huff is one of the best Safeties matching up with the top Tes. (something a must playing in AFc West) Huff is like having another Cb out there.

Raiders play the Patriots. Lets see N Asomugha takes randy Moss , Wes Welker is pick up by Deangelo Hall, S routt picks Patriots third Wr. M Huff picks up their TE. Thomas Howardpicks up anyone they want to send out of their backfield.

Raiders playthe Chargers. N Asomugha on V Jackson Deangelo hall on Chris Chambers . Huff on Gates. Thomas Howard on L tomlinson

#38 Raiderjoe, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well so much for Asante being the highest paid Corner in the NFL...

Davis will give him 10mil a year.

20. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Hall Denies That He's Being Traded
    Posted Mar 15th 2008 9:06PM by JJ Cooper
    Filed under: Falcons, Raiders, Atlanta, Oakland
    http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/

DeAngelo Hall's career with the Falcons has been rocky almost from the day he signed, so it's fitting that his departure is also going to be difficult as well.

As Ryan Wilson pointed out, the Falcons have apparently worked out a deal to trade Hall to the Raiders for a second-round pick--something that seems like a pretty good deal for the Falcons. But when the Atlanta Journal-Constitution contacted Hall, he said he hadn't heard anything about it. In fact, he suggested that someone is just trying to stir things up.

Considering that the deal is partly contingent on the Raiders working out a new deal with Hall--Chris Mortensen is reporting that Hall is close to agreeing to a deal for nearly Asante Samuel money--Hall's denial would seem to mean Mortensen has jumped the gun, but then this is the Falcons, so there's also a decent chance that the trade's happening and Hall's just in the dark.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: