Deadspin: male Jet fan punches woman in fight at MetLife Stadium (with video).

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr. Green Pants, Oct 21, 2013.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Banning alcohol would help, people are sneaking in hard liquor now. I get that most can drink responsibly but banning it would reduce fan behavior problems as well as drunk driving problems after games.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Eh, i believe the primary reason is the absurdly priced the tickets are. Its not easy for people to afford the ridiculous prices they charge for the tickets and the stupid ass parking passes, which should come with the tickets.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yankee stadium used to have some pretty bad issues. It stopped when the Yankees made fan comfort at games a high priority. The security is sick at Yankee stadium, the staff is walking up to people all the time asking how they were is everything okay. There is a presence and it's worked.

The NFL has to simply start taking out the trash and catering to a civil fan base. It can be done in New York and every where else in the country. It's a mind set.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think that has HELPED fan behavior b/c it has priced out some folks who would normally engage in this type of behavior. I was at every home game at the old stadium from 1990 through the last one and fan behavior was much worse there than it has been in the new Stadium.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The chick that got punched is lucky the Jet's don't have bat day.

7. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Most of the time, there's a non-violent way out of these stupid incidents.

Don't get drunk at sporting events, and if someone starts an argument, don't escalate it.

Even most drunk people who are looking to start a fight, they won't just come out of nowhere and hit you. They'll start taunting you, they'll insult you, try to get you to start being at least a bit verbally aggressive towards them, they'll get in your personal space and maybe touch you slightly, and if you touch them back, in their mind it's game on and they can take a swing at you. In their mind, they're the victim now.

In general, you can easily pick out who the super drunk rowdy "looking for a fight" types are, and do your best to steer clear of them. Don't gloat or taunt other fans either. Basic common sense can avoid almost all of these stadium fights.

8. FitzyRifleHands

FitzyRifleHands New Member

was the woman wearing a patriots jersey?

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Definetly true,only thing is that when the team is bad,or expected to be bad people start to sell off their tix or give them away etc. Then you get the crap back in again.

10. Wmjet

Wmjet New Member

That's it for me in a nutshell

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this fits into the thread but it probably does some how.....

[YOUTUBE]TejGJzEX4DM[/YOUTUBE]

13. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Dislocated his jaw...

Shes gotta catch a right hook for that

14. Footballgod214

NEVER EVER HIT A WOMAN.....(except this one)

[YOUTUBE]DPFbJEJ1v_0[/YOUTUBE]

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'd personally never hit a women. But I don't feel bad for this girl at all.

It really is annoying to watch two girls run at a guy, attack him, and then bitch and moan when one of them gets hit back. Not saying that the guy is right for swinging back, he's probably a drunken moron, it's wrong at the end of the day to hit anybody, theoretically you should never hit a women, but I don't feel bad for this girl at all. Mind your own business. Don't put yourself in that situation. If you don't want to get hit and want to be treated like a lady, don't act like a fool. She put herself in a bad situation. Unfortunately for her, shit happens.

After hearing other fans from the sections account of the story and watching the video I don't feel bad for the girl at all (assuming that the story is true and actually what happened). If she was just standing there and he walked up and decked her that's one thing. But when you go out of your way to attack somebody, it's another.

If you want to be treated like a lady, then act like one.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes, this already happens. I used to partake in it when I used to go to games. I had a over the shoulder cooler that 6 cans would slide down into the cylinder. Well in the parking lot we would load them up, over the shoulder it would go and under my jacket. It fit fine and we never got caught. Now I was underage at the time so looking back it was obviously the wrong thing to do but it does happen.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Judge Judy would approve.

18. Footballgod214

There's a big difference between an abusive husband who breaks his wife's jaw for cooking his steak wrong and you or me punching a crazed drunken female who's physically attacking you.

Yes, it'd be great if we were always much larger and could easily put out our arms and keep from getting clobbered, but have you seen American females lately? They average around 300 pounds.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Ban alcohol at a Jets game? Well, well let's ban oxygen too. Bloomberg loves that sentiment though.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for her in the slightest. She's going up to a guy who's obviously bombed and pushes him, what does she expect? a kiss. First thing I want to know, is where the hell are the security!!