David Harris Extended

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by franzman9, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

dang maan

gat dayum

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

would love to see Ellis and Dig signed. not sure we need to do much else other than some LB and TE depth.
    don't want to mortgage out the future too much.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yikes alot of money for him. Good for the hitman, let's hope he plays up to it.

And yea, if only 4 million counts against the cap this year, that leaves potentially 32 million over the next three years. Unless I am reading something wrong...yikes.

4. BacktoQueens

lol, gets me everytime!

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You backload them and then restructure them when they start to hurt.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's two yikes in one post, I am losing it.

8. ........

........ Trolls

By all means, look at the contracts of the top 9 NOT named Harris, Holmes, and Cromartie and tell me how easy it'll be to restructure them next year.

9. BacktoQueens

I hear that, but it may start to hurt next year.

10. ........

........ Trolls

It leaves almost certainly 32 million over the next three years. With that guaranteed money, he'll see his whole deal. Maybe a restructure/extension in that final year.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

KEVIN BOSS...That's all for now!!!!

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well then it doesn't make much sense, you are strangling the team for a few years over a few players.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They have something big planned...who knows if they can pull it off...but you don't have the coach, the gm and the owner all say we aren't done yet unless they hope to pull off something big. And they all said that yesterday.

14. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, he just added some info since I last looked. I'm interested to see Cro's cap hit. If that's accurate, we'll have room, but they'll likely be one year deals that get doled out.

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This move has nothing to do with Ellis. We could just sign him with the veteran exception. At this point, I highly doubt Braylon's coming back considering his recent "personal problems" and the fact that we've already taken measures to replace him. Osi still seems like a pipe-dream unless we're willing to seriously over-compensate the Giants for him. Whatever's going to happen (if anything) is probably going to be a surprise to all of us.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Sign everybody!!!!!!get it done tanny!!!!

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i love harris... but damn, thats a big contract... and nearly 30 million guaranteed. I just cant see giving that much money to a LB who isnt an elite pass rusher or isnt a guy who dominates games....

sure harris is a pro bowler, a top 10 MLB... i just dont see him as lewis/urlacher type when they where harris age. maybe im wrong.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Looking at it Tanny has more or less secured the core D for the next few years.

Leonhard needs to be dealt with next year. It seems they expect K. Ellis and Wilkerson to step into starting roles. To me that menas DeVito gets the Kellen Clemens talk. Pouha is a FA, it will be interesting to see if they can keep him.

Hunter, Brick and Mangold are set for that same time frame. Moore and Slauson are here through '12 so it seems that the core of the team is set.

Next year for starters (barring injury etc.) they need to sign Leonhard a starting WR then look for depth so despite the potential cap hell it doesn't look like there will be a lot of big deals next year. It seems they've addressed both this year and next year.

Redoing Sanchez next year and other moves will allow them to do what they need to do.

So to me '12 looks like its a relatively easy year for Tanny, he gets a little breather.

19. ........

........ Trolls

It's an easy year for Tanny as long as he has room to work with. That's the problem. It's looking like a VERY tight year. It'll be incredibly important to evaluate young talent to see who needs to be brought back next season. Guys like Jarron Gilbert and Josh Mauga are only signed through this season, but they're guys who seem likely to make the 53 with our current roster. We'll also be evaluating guys at key positions, like Emmanuel Cook, starting in TC to see if they can step up for vets that we're likely to lose. I'd hope Leonhard opts to sign an extension for a good rate this season, but who knows? He may want to hit the market, and we won't be able to sign a replacement. It'll be promotion from within.

I think our #2 for next season will come from the draft unless Turner pulls off a miracle.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Lucky for us, 2012's draft will be loaded with talent at wideout.