Davante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not saying he wasn’t a top producer I’m saying he wasn’t who the offense was featured around. Did teams try to stop Aiyuk more than they did McCaffrey or Deebo? No. That leads to an influx in opportunities to be open.

He has a lot of green grass to deal with in that offense because of all of the other options, particularly three All-Pro’s (two of which who were All Pro’s last year) and an elite running game/offensive line.

So no. You didn’t fix my post, you interpreted it incorrectly.

IDFjet and mezzavo like this.
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Aiyuk lead the team in catches and yards in 2022 as well. Keep in mind this kid is on his rookie contract as well. He's going to get better. Food for thought...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think he was just saying that he hates the man and can't root for him, so from that vantage point he would be happier with the team. I don't think he seriously means that the team would be better on the field or their W-L record would be better. I find it hard to root for players I don't like. If you hate the QB, and especially one like Rodgers who is so public and so much about the Jets is centered around him, I can understand his response.

#63 NCJetsfan, Jul 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
    JetFanInNE likes this.
  4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Thank you, you made my point far better than I could have

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Provide proof of where I said the Jets were better off without him. I’ll wait…

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I say "let's goooo!"

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't want to give up the draft capital, but the Jets have steered the ship into waters that require them to do everything they can to win this year or, depending on how the dominoes fall, next. They needed to do that before the off-season based on their previous few years' moves, they pretty much went all in, and now they need to do whatever they can to bolster the roster. After Garrett Wilson, the Jets are a question mark at receiver. Mike Williams doesn't typically stay healthy, and everyone after that is a rookie or unproven.

This front office will not be here for 2026, potentially not even 2025 if this year goes off the rails, so there is no reason for them to hold back. They've already made it clear that there is no midterm future. I think the Jets realize that if they don't make the playoffs this year, it may be until the 2030s before they do.

Get 'er done!

abyzmul likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

#68 jetophile, Jul 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
  9. NCJetsfan

I understand your feelings, but sometimes that's the only way one can get it done. He's nearing the end of his career. He's never played in a SB, I believe. He wants a chance at that experience. I can't blame him for that. He basically only wanted to play for the Raiders because he and the QB at the time were good friends and had played together in college, plus I think he is from Oakland. Well, the QB left and the Raiders moved to Vegas, and they suck now. He may have tried going through the proper channels for a while and nothing was happening.

10. jetophile

The Jets aren't going to the SB, just sayin'. Like I said previously, just get someone serviceable. I also said I have no suggestions because I'm not that smart.

Unless the Jets get Adams for a bag of stale Cheetohs and a couple of opened Rheingold's, hard pass.

Pacman Adams, Jamal Adams, Davante Adams, I think I'm done with that last name in football, lol.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Trade deadline move if the Jets look real and the Raiders are floundering.
    The cap hit will be lower at that time.
    2 third round picks next year probably get it done (which the Jets have), at worst a 2nd and 3rd.

12. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Enough with D.Adams...no..

JetFanInNE likes this.
  13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

If we are winning get him at the deadline for half the cost financially. If the Raiders are sucking we could probably get him for a 2nd and one of our 2 3rds. He said he would only want to be reunited with Rodgers if he was going to go anywhere, completely depends on the records of both us and the Raiders at the trade deadline.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If, and I highlight the word if, the Jets show strong indications of a playoff run anything is possible, particularly if Williams does not remain healthy

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Adam Pacman Jones but you were close

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Even if this happens, this is clearly a trade deadline deal. Wouldn't mind seeing him reuniting with Rodgers. No harm in spreading the defense with Wilson, Devante with Breece in the shotgun. With Rodgers, this is a deadly offense.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hating the man for whatever reason outside of on the field performance that’s his deal, wishing him gone this year would be the absolute worst thing for the Jets, both in win/losses and financially. Not to mention further exposing the weakness of an O CS that can only be somewhat effective with AR calling the shots. Our only hope is for AR to remain healthy and play solid enough football to at least overcome our CS disadvantage.

NOVAJET and IDFjet like this.
  18. jetophile

Same shit, different day. Patch Adams, whatever. Pacman Adams, I would try to lie and try to cover myself if I was a disingenuous hump. Hilarious Edith Bunker lapse. You never think you're going to turn into your parents! And I really hated that guy for the record.

Edit: Mo Carlett is the steal of the draft.

#78 jetophile, Jul 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This all day long. There are people on this board who are feverishly yapping about whether this team can actually win the division. I don't think they can unless every shitty break, over the last 2 decades, finally goes this team's way all in one season. This is the NY Football Jets so you KNOW that shit isn't happening. To be honest, I'd simply be happy to watch 4 football games in a row where I didn't want to rip my face off in frustration.

To quote Jim Mora, Playoffs? Playoffs? We're just trying to win a game.

JetFanInNE and Ralebird like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I hear you. and I agree. I wasn't saying that I agree with him, was just trying to clarify what he said. Again, he wasn't saying that he thought the Jets would be better without Rodgers, but rather that he would just be happier if Rodgers was gone. I've lost a lot of respect for Rodgers since the Jets traded for him, but I hope that he at least can deliver a trip to the playoffs, if not the SB. What if it was Tom Brady instead of Rodgers. Wouldn't you feel similarly? I know that I would.

LAJet likes this.