Davante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 12, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the pass rush took a hit but we'll see how things play out. As far as trading for him, I'm not in favor, but that "if our offense stays healthy" line almost makes me want the trade because the offense is not going to stay healthy. It's just not.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I've been doing a little more research on Kinlaw and it appears to me, he can push the pocket from the middle better than we had. In fact, I have to say, he may pop as a regular starter--he played his best ball last year in year 4. With he and Q in the middle and Reddick and JJ on the edges I'm excited for the pass rush.

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You sound like a ZW supporter except in a AR disparager way. Exactly what data are you using to inform your opinion?

4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

The data that says I hate Aaron Rodgers and always will

jets_fan, jetophile and barfolomew like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If Garrett Wilson gets hurt, it’s the single worst receiving corps in the league. I’d make this trade

boomer said the cap hit would only be $25 mill if the trade is made later in the summer btw. Not sure how that works

abyzmul likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was thinking about it yesterday and he was walking hobbled a lot of last season and I think he was lucky not to miss any time. We don't stay lucky.

stinkyB and BrowningNagle like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If anything just to see some emotional outrages by some people here....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

and Mike Williams, coming off season ending injuries 2 years in a row, will be lucky to play the whole season

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahahaha.

10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Thats great for a reddit post I guess but in terms of a football message board, its a waste of space IMO. Maybe you should post in the BS portion of the forum. I guess its up to the mods.

11. jetophile

True enough, but I don't see why the Jets have to go high end just for an overpaid potential epic fail. Eric Decker was fun while it lasted, but just get someone serviceable is my point. I don't have any suggestions because I'm not that smart, but I'm not in the mood for lockerroom drama. I may be overshooting the mark there, but the thought of it makes me tired.

Signing a 61 year old Jerry Rice is probably a better option.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  12. jetophile

That is VERY funny, and if anyone reports him, that is this side of ridiculous. Jeez, some of you guys are so serious and constipated you crap marble. Jets fans trolling the Jets are the best. Btw, I HATE THE JETS!

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No ones reporting him--silly. Its just he says that the NYJ would be better off with AR on the Raiders and when asked what data leads to that conclusion, there is none. That's kind of funny true but this is a football related thread. No big deal tho. Peace to all.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. jetophile

You're just not getting it, but that's OK. Cheers.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  15. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested a trade from the 49ers as of today. Would be younger and cheaper than DeVante and we would have to give up less capital to get him. Would be fine either way though TBH.

Jets OG fan and mezzavo like this.
  16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not sure it's reality that it would be cheaper to acquire him.

Jonathan_Vilma and NOVAJET like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I hate the man so he should go. Brilliant fan logic.

NOVAJET likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

if Rodgers doesn’t get through a full game again this season I think we will all hate him

jetophile, abyzmul and Acad23 like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He wants $30 million per year and allegedly turned down an offer that is $26 million per year.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/news/49ers-offer-brandon-aiyuk-contract-less-30-million/642295ab42d65bc16031095e

I
    also don’t really think he’s anywhere near worth it personally. Not to say he might not be a good player in a different offense but he was realistically option 3A/3B with Kittle behind McCaffrey and Deebo.

There’s a loooot of green real estate in that offense for that guy to operate to pay him that much money.

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Actually, that is factually incorrect. Brandon was tops on the 49'ers in catches, receiving yards and tied for the lead with 7 receiving TD's with McCaffrey. Fixed your post. :D

I also agree that he would probably come cheaper than Adams as far as trade capital is concerned. The Raiders will absolutely try to fleece the Jets and the 49'ers, while not giving him away, are probably more interested in moving Aiyuk to keep him from becoming a locker room problem. They also drafted his replacement in the 1st round this past draft AND, of course, they still have Samuel. Depending upon the compensation to the Niner's I'd "think" about this.

However, we ALL know that any compensation, for either guy, is going to include a 1st round pick and that's a no go for me.

NCJetsfan likes this.