Davante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 12, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Nothing. The NY Jets are going to give up NOTHING for Davante Adams no matter "how hard" Cry bab...er...Rodgers whines. The Raiders are stuck with him. Get used to it and enjoy it.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  2. mezzavo

Adams is not the "final" piece to a playoff run. Let's face facts, this team is no where near SB caliber. At this point all the NY Jets should be focused on is actually making the playoffs.

BacktoQueens, Ralebird and JetFanInNE like this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

A smart franchise would not even entertain this trade. Of course, this is also the same franchise that believes that Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas are good at what they do and deserve to retain their jobs after absolutely abysmal performances in their time here.

All of which means I guess we'll see Davante Adams introduced as a Jet sometime next week.

BacktoQueens and jetophile like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree that they're nowhere near SB calibre. If everyone can stay healthy most of the season, imo they're definitely SB calibre, with the exception of Saleh and Hackett. Rodgers may be able to negate Hackett, and if the offense scores enough points and the pass rush hasn't faded with the loss of Huff and JFM, Saleh can be negated.

Jets OG fan and mezzavo like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

and

I disagree that JD has done an abysmal job as GM. He's missed on some draft picks and FA signings as ALL GMs do, and has had some bad luck. He has made some great trades, has handled the cap and FA pretty well, and has the team poised to be a SB contender. If he was so horrible the team wouldn't have a prayer of getting into the playoffs, much less be considered a SB contender.

I've been unhappy with him at times, but am very pleased with the talent on this team and their chances for this season.

#25 NCJetsfan, Jul 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    Jets OG fan and LAJet like this.
  6. jets_fan

This team is going to have to claw its way into the playoffs and is in no way a Super Bowl contender. They're considered one by the press because Rodgers, and the Jets to a lesser degree, generate interest and, thus, clicks and views. This is a flawed team that is way too reliant on injury-prone and older players at key positions and that seriously lacks leadership and is, not to mention, poorly coached.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahaha. @NCJetsfan, c'mon that is so dry and hilarious.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Clearly my post history would indicate I think acquiring and letting Aaron Rodgers run this team has been a bad idea. But at this point there’s no going back, why not acquire his top receiver? Are they all in or not?

Also this is where we as fans draw the line?

Rodgers picks the Nathaniel Hackett, a bum! It’s okay…
    Rodgers is owed $75 million, guaranteed, its okay, he can blow off mini camp too if he wants

Cobb is okay, Lazard is okay, hey let’s go get busted up Bahkiarti

but 6 time pro bowler Devante Adams who gets 100 catches in his sleep??? Whoa whoa that’s too much haha

Acad23 likes this.
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

And you’ll be among the loudest people screaming about how we can’t afford to re-sign Sauce, or Garrett, or JJ while we’re in cap hell after trading for Adams

AJW likes this.
  10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Just finishing above .500 should be their first goal, which they haven't done since 2015.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it can be done, the cap is almost a myth

12. NCJetsfan

That is hilarious! Like jets_fan, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

#32 NCJetsfan, Jul 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  13. NCJetsfan

We'll just have to agree to disagree. The defense and STs are not poorly-coached. The offense is poorly coached, I'll give you that. They weren't far from making the playoffs last year with a barely-functioning offense. If they get anywhere near a really good season from Rodgers they will be in the playoffs. They are not going to have to "claw their way in" unless Rodgers doesn't play well and Smith goes down after only 5 games and Fashanu struggles.

I disagree that the team lacks leadership. Just because one player doesn't hoot and holler in the media, doesn't mean that there isn't leadership in the locker room. Aside from Smith and Tyrod, and maybe AVT, there aren't any players that are "injury-prone." Hopefully, Tyrod never has to see the field except in mop up duty. I believe in Fashanu, so I'm not horribly worried about when Smith goes down. The only position I'm really worried about is AVT's spot. Hopefully, he remains injury-free this year. He's had some bad luck, but staying at OG should help. I truly believe that his injuries were due to playing OT. I disagree that it is a "flawed" team. Every team in the NFL has issues and a hole or two. The only real holes the Jets have is IOL depth and maybe S. The WR corps could be better, but it's been a lot worse.

14. mezzavo

The problem is no one stays 100% healthy and, based on fairly recent history, the Jets are one of those teams that seem to sustain more injuries than other teams. We'll see how things shake out.

15. mezzavo

Because the cost would set the team back even farther than it already is. Rodgers is gone either next year or 2026. We don't need to compound our future problems for another receiver. Now, if this were a blue chip, never get injured o-lineman then I would say go for it.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is a pipe dream and a bad idea unless LV is just giving him away for a late round pick for some inexplicable reason.

barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahaha. Overlooked gem.

barfolomew and JetFanInNE like this.
  18. jets_fan

You're 100% correct. Also, to add, Super Bowl caliber teams don't have to "negate" the poor quality of their coaches. The Chiefs don't win because they "negate" Andy Reid. The 49ers don't win in the regular season because they "negate" Kyle Shanahan. And so on for the rest of the successful teams. The fact that even the sunniest of prognostications for this team involve having to "negate" the HC and OC, the two most important coaching positions in the NFL, means that this team is NOT in any way, shape, or form, a Super Bowl contender.

When I posted about this team having a distinct lack of leadership, there might be some leadership coming from the players, although how they can really be led in any meaningful way with Rodgers really running the team, there is a vacuum of leadership from the head coach, offensive coordinator, and general manager.

#38 jets_fan, Jul 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    mezzavo likes this.
  19. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

This defense is already super bowl winning caliber. If the offense stays healthy, they'll be relevant until the end. Going from Zach Wilson & Becton to Rodgers & Smith is a huge upgrade. I think they'll gauge whether they need to push the button on a big WR deal as the season goes on.

I think the unit is good enough, but we'll see. Many question marks.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

At what cost? Most likely a no thanks for me.

NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.