Darryl Morris, CB, Joins Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by egelband, Mar 25, 2016.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I think most people understood that when I wrote he missed his senior season of college that it was because of injury. Point was, it is risky using a 3rd round pick on a guy who barely played his senior season of college because of injury. I hope that your plan for McDougle pans out, but I am not sure what you base that on. He missed his entire 2014 season with the jets because of another injury. Last year, he was healthy but looked terrible in preseason as he got burned repeatedly playing corner (check the tape). During the regular season, his only claim to fame was being the gunner on the punt team which got burned repeatedly--McDougle ran right past the eagles punt returner who took it to the house against the jets in a game the jets should have won. In fact, I think the player from whom this thread originated (Morris) was signed by Mac because of his special teams ability-- because 5th CB McDougle showed so little on special teams last year. But, hope your right, because this might be Dex's last chance.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please explain with proof.

slimjasi and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's not my plan. It's the teams plan. I look at the player. Not what some prick hack media guy said to make the team a laughing stock two years ago.

I'm not gonna go on a rant over a bunch of mis-information either. You're calling him too small. That's inaccurate. Now you're judging him in pre-season off an ACL surgery. No staff does that anywhere if they think the guy can play and has a chance. He's the only guy that's not allowed time to come off an ACL surgery?

You're acting like this guy's signing is because he's a better STeamer. Like it's McDougle's fault the ST'sucked too. That's not the reason. It's about depth and competition. Look at the roster. They're trying to improve the team.

This isn't about McDougle. This guy did the same thing McDougle did his rookie year. McDougle's bigger than him too.

4. Walt White

I know it. I shouldn't bite. I usually regret it too. It's not worth the trouble.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

This is really funny--You and Abzymul going on and on trying to justify why the selection of Dexter McDougle in the 3rd round was somehow a great selection. Then you write "This isn't about McDougle." Oh, okay, who were we writing about then? I guess I never realized he was the second coming of Revis. LOL! If it is "not worth the trouble" why do you keep responding? Tell you what--you can have the last word. Write again and tell how great McDougle is--I won't bother to respond.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. Walt White

Nobodies trying to justify anything. Just pointing out that your OP is filled with fallacies, falsehoods, and mis-information. Of course it follows with bluster and sarcasm when it can't be backed. But we knew that was coming.
    Yeah, basically a waste of time, lol.

7. abyzmul

Hey little guy. Are you trying to avoid answering my question?

Of course you are. Stop being a bitch.

8. abyzmul

Come on, tomderp. Many of us have talked out of our asses and been wrong. I've done it a number of times. There's no shame in admitting it.

Admit it, tomderp. You lied.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

tomderp. that's great. my man fires his salvo of smack talk and gets hit back with the derp stamp. That's great. Just greeeeat. hey, bitter down, derp, I know you’re not one to give in, I know you’re not one to give anyone too much credit. but I can’t help but say that’s a clown take, bro. tip your hat. keep moving.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he cant be worse then milliner

Jets69 likes this.
  11. abyzmul

[​IMG]

Footballgod214, nycarl and 74 like this.
  12. Walt White

The only thing missing from that gif is a right lead. That would've been his Championship.....I say

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

15. jetropolitan

jetropolitan New Member

Definitely beating a dead horse here but I cannot get over how shitty that 2014 draft was. So many confusing and useless picks and missing out on really, really talented players. Remember how badly we needed was receivers and and yet we let Martavis Bryant, John Brown, Josh Huff, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, go in favor of Amaro and McDougle both of whom are injury prone losers who haven't proven a thing in the little time they've been on the field and taking Shaq Evans and Jalen Saunders who have vanished without a trace? I'm still mad. At least we got Enunwa?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Walls signed with the Lions.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks. I saw that today. I'm not surprised.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

And we are a better team for it,Walls was a solid number 7

TwoHeadedMonster and JetLifeLo like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was drunk and furious that entire draft year. I was, I'll acknowledge, overly dramatic and obnoxious on here. But the decisions they were making in that draft were just mind boggling to me. I'm not even big on what the experts are saying and what not but its like don't try and overthink things.

That might've been my least favorite Jets draft ever and that's saying something considering this organization's history for pissing themselves on draft day. Taking a swing on a consensus great prospect like a Vernon Gholston or Blair Thomas and MISS is one thing - hey it didn't work out but at least you put your balls on the line. But hanging onto a pile of middle and late round picks just to draft turds, ignoring college production, ignoring needs, ignoring draft strengths, ignoring where the game is heading, letting the HC draft his son's best friend, etc, it was the dumbest shit. I still get angry.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

He's actually only 27 but yes he did SUCK who remembers "the great walls of Darren" posts HA