Darron Lee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 28, 2016.

1. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I think it says more that Lynch is not the QB of the future.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Ifedi was not worthy of the #20 pick. Ragland has an enlarged aorta. Jackson would have been a good pick, but I don't think he's any better than Lee.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nice post but I'm really not feeling this pick. We need some offense our defense was more than adequate and has gotten the bulk of our GM's attention for the last 7 years. Eventually we will need to score points.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Why is everyone always picking on the little guys?

_

Freddy Mondo and legler82 like this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They would be wrong

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You are not alone. It was a pick we didn't need at this point. I could have lived with another QB, T/G/C and QB. The Bronco's just took Lynch.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Solid pick. There were four or five other guys including Jack that also looked good to me. Most of them are still available (Jack, Dodd, Ragland, etc.) so moving up from our pick in round two or dealing Mo to get higher for one of these guys would allow us to double dip at LB for a scary front seven.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

he's fast and that's about it. The tape is not good. it will be a project. that's why ppl are down on this pick. the value is bad. if Bowles unlocks him he's a genius.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

There are experts who had him going 10th!!!

soh_vet likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

People seem to forget we had one of the slowest front 7's in the NFL last year that routinely got killed on off tackle and outside runs because we don't have a linebacker on the roster that can get there. He's very young as well, turning 22 during near mid-season, and is a two year starter (as a true sophmore/redshirt sophmore) on a championship calibre defense from a top program

Undersized inside linebackers that can absolutely ball (and their tape shows it like Lee's apparently does) are often overlooked and turn into beasts. Lawrence Timmons comes to mind, as the biggest knock on him was his size and strength at 6'1", 234 pounds at the combine. Marked as a guy that won't make it in the 3-4 he's been a dynamic linebacker.

If linebackers can play, they can play. It's one of the few positions where size and speed can be thrown out the window if they can produce.

Let's see how he fits into this league before he's labeled a bust, OK guys?

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

ifedi was arguably bpa, you can argue gaurd isnt valuable enough to take that high, which is a valid argument. but you can also argue lee wasnt near BPA too. im fine passing on ragland for injury concerns same with jack. if it was just that it was one guy or lee and they took lee fine, to me there were half a dozen or more guys clearly better.

good player, wrong value for where he was taken, and we really cant afford that with how bad we have drafted the last several years and how old our core is

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How is it bad value? He was projected as a top 20 player and that's where he went. It's not bad value just because you don't agree with the pick/like the player. It's one thing to not like the pick but that's the wrong way to put it.

13. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Third

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

exactly... right fit, wrong spot/value. we needed a homerun with the pick and we got a seeing eye single

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My favorite is when people swear we should have taken a guy that literally every team in the first round passed on. Don't you realize how foolish you sound?

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

bad value cuz potential with underwhelming tape shouldn't be first rounders. he's only rated that high cuz he ran a fast forty and went to osu.

17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Thats definitely not the only redeemable quality about him.

18. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Well, they could have traded down. I don't think Lee was a best option pick. I think they really wanted him and with the way Bowles plays defense you can see why. A player with that kind of speed gives them a lot of options on defense. He can blitz, drop into coverage, can cover for almost any blitzer including CBs covering WRs and slot receivers. Bowles will use him well and make him into a player.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've watched about 10 minutes on tape at this point... he shows awareness in space and has the mental magnet for the ball.

Please advise what tape we should be looking at to see what you are talking about.

20. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

And you, the true genius, have watched his tape. Give me a break