d-line sucked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Sep 7, 2008.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

The D line stopped the rush against two very good backs. They were fine. SO MUCH BETTER than last year's!

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This must be a joke.

Pace, Ellis and Gholston provided good pressure
    Jenkins was solid in the middle
    Dolphins could not run the ball effectively,

Good job Dline.

And I apoligize for criticizing Gholston, he looked pretty good today.

3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. Three straight running plays when all it would take to ice the game was one first down wasn't great play-calling IMHO. I hate when coaches do that. Luckily it didn't hurt, but I hate the conservative approach at that point.

4. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

you are very blind because thas what the line is suppose to do in a 3-4 occupy the lineman and free up the linebackers and corners i guess u missed all those sacks today and they was the major problem last year which i thought they should of gave JV another shot

5. So a DL that's main job is to clog up 2 gaps and keep the Lb's free..."Sucked" b/c on the last drive they got limited pressure?

What about the other 3 1/2 quarters? What about the run defense?

6. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

sorry..run defense was good...but we still gave penny too much time

7. hendersg

hendersg New Member

what...??? Jenkins and Ellis played well, as did the rest of the defense. Even though we bent and didnt break in the end, overall is was one of the better D performances in some time. I hope Lowery is the real deal....

8. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Because they were dropping most of the D back into coverage on that last drive. I wish they had better pressure at the end too, but I think that was as much about the schemes being used as the quality of D line play

9. Guelah97

Guelah97 Member

Deep in our own territory I thought it was a good safe call. You dont want to risk a turnover that deep in your own territory, especially when you can make Miami call their last time out and punt the ball. I dont think anybody, myself included, would think Chad could go down the field with no timeouts under 2 minutes. Turns out we were wrong but in the same situation I would probably take the odds and run again.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It's clear that the line was gassed on the last drive, which isn't much of a surprise given the heat. Other than that the line was great all game, which hardly makes everyone else blind.

11. semperfigreen

dline still had no rush....penyyy almost won the game....what were you watching?

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That was the point, make the phins take their last timeout, all the pressure is on them. An incompletion is terrible right there. Running the ball, you are guaranteed to at least gain one advantage in terms of timeouts. With the pass, it is a crapshoot.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Some negative people can be happy no matter waht.

The line was fine. Better then fine. Your jsut picking at straws. Keep your head in a bag, perhaps you'll run out of o2 in the mean time.

14. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Good point, and it looked like we had converted the first down on the previous play. It just seemed like we conceded the series, and I hate that.

15. Guelah97

Guelah97 Member

I think a lot of Penningtons completions came on quick throws out of 3 step drops. Which would be more an indication of poor coverage and his ability/familiarity with the Jets defense. When he sat back the Jets were able to pressure him.

16. semperfigreen

yes...i hapen to be a big jets fan...i just think we could have done a better job against penny..2nd half he had too much time

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You must have missed Ellis, Pace and Gholston pressures early on. I agree, late in the game, no rush. But they appeared to be in a three man rush at that point.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No, What are you watching ??? We had 4 Sacks and held them to 49 rushing Yards!??
    AND
    We Hit Chad SEVERAL Times during a pass..What more do you want!?? This isn't Madden.

You said "D-Line didn't impress me today" which means the WHOLE GAME.....Run & Pass.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Quoting yourself. Good job. Proving that the only people that agree with you are the voices in your head.

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I have noticed the Jets always tighten up their secondary coverage for late game situations as the year goes along, Why it takes 4 or 5 games I do not know but that has been the pattern.