d-brick @ 4 and mangold @ 29

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Requiem, Mar 25, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

fair enough.. now my question between qb and Olineman which one are you most likely to find a quality player in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rds?

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The two teams I compare our situation to the most are the Giants and Dolphins. Two teams that had horrible OL when they started there rebuilding process. Giants first pick is a Qb, Dolphins first pick is a RB. Thats working out pretty well no?

3. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Im not putting the Qb on the back burner I figure that we could get a good base of off. players this year and then draft Quinn with or #1 pick next year. I know we are going to have a losing season this year and that is fine (as long as we beat the F'ing fins) its a rebuilding year

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

they had tommy maddox coming off a good season and still took the most big ben.. we have a 30 yr old qb with no arm and we should take a OT at #4 to protect him? Newflash: we dont know if he is even coming back. and untill proven otherwise ramsey sucks. just because he is on the jets that doesnt make him any better

5. Attackett

How do you know we are gonna be in position to draft Quinn next year? Do you think we will have the top pick? And how is he anymore a sure shot than the QB we will be in position to draft this year.

6. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That is not what I am saying at all. Maybe others are but I am not. I don't think if the Jets go Linemen (D or O) with the first 3 picks, they will win automatically. In fact they will be probably still suck next year. I want to build a great foundation this year, that will be here for years to come. O-Linemen, D-Linemen, and LBs ahould be out focus this year. Then next year focus on the skill positions. WR, QB, RB, CB. Because the foundation will build this year, will make them all that much better. Inside out. At least that is how I would build a team. But I am not a GM, so what do I know.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Putting aside anything Bill Belichick has done (news flash: Mr Shit-don't-stink in New England has first round picks every year, same as the rest of us. He didn't build his team out of string and silly putty like the people that constantly kiss his ass and think he's football Jesus believe he did.), we should take offensive linemen in the first round because that is our biggest area of need. And has been for a couple years now, what with the age of our linemen and free agency.

(nothing personal in that, its just that I get a rash from reading too much Belichick love.)

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

ok i hear ya.... you just cant build a team hoping your in position to land a certin guy guy next year.. quinn (while i doubt it) can pull a omar jacobs this year.

9. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Oline, but we might not have 3 pick next year in the first 35 to get a good off. base but we will have one high pick for a qb that will be playing with a group of guys that have had one year to learn how to play on the next level

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

And where do you find your superstar? With the flippin 4th pick overall!!!

11. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

my thing is i have no problem taking a lineman with one of the picks but 2 olineman in the 1st rd.. is ajoke

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

finally someone gets it

13. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

is it just me or does your picture of Matt look like the Eager suit wearing bug guy from Man in Black? And I have know idea how any of the guys are going to play in the NFL and neither does anyone else including the so call pros

14. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Next year in the draft or free agency

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Yes but when they drafted Big Ben, the O-Line was set. Or O-Line sucks, alot. We don't even have all starting positions filled and the depth is horrible. I am talking about D and O lines here. If we put a franchise QB behind this line he would be killed. I want Brick back there to protect ANY QB we put back there, Penny, Ramsey, I don't care. Jones is not the answer and I want the QB safe and have time to throw. I don't want a repeat of last year.

Look I am not advocating all OLinemen with the first 3 picks. Brick, then a RB, then Giles or a LB, would be fine with me. But a franchise LT is hard to come by and only helps the team in the long run. I just want to start with a good foundation. I don't want the Jets to be the next Detriot.

16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

agreed. its a crap shoot. but when ur at #4 you take the biggest impact player you can especially when every spot on offense could be upgraded.

17. Attackett

How do you think the Giants have done drafting Manning while they still had a crappy OL? or do you think they would have been better off taking the franchise T Gallery instead like most Giants fans at the time wanted..

18. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I would be happy if we took Young, Cutler, Matt, Davis or Willaims at #4 and then Oline at #29 and #35 but I also understand if we took all role players this year. Were you agreeing with the no idea part or the Eager suit part or both?

19. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol i hear ya. and agree with alot you have to say.. but i dont see us taking 3 wrs in the 1st rd like detroit.. there struggling cause millin is idiot. but back to topic we wont get to draft top5 every year... to pass on top tier prospect for the safe pick in D brick just wonldnt be smart...imo atleast. raiders took gallery a few years ago.. dont you think they wished they took Big Ben or phillip rivers instead.. cause right now they still need a qb and even with gallary there oline still sucks.

#59 hydro51, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I would not put Gallery in the same class as Brick, first of all. Gallery was the best OLineman in a mediocre Oline class. I never thought he should have been rated so high. Brick is impressive and has much more skill than Gallery. The senior bowl is the only time Brick didn't impress me.

The Giants also spent that entire FA period addressing the O-Line. They brought in McKenzie and drafted Snee. We also have a helluva lot more neeeds to fill than the Giants did.

Personally I think Brick is a talent you do not see often. And if you have the opportunity to put a player like that in to protect your QB for years to come, I think you have to do it. I never said QB wasn't a need and should not be addressed.

#60 dabrowsk1, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2006