Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

No... they see him and his one year contract as a Stop Gap while they install a new system. As NDmick points out, the kicker was the second # 1 to get this deal done. Orton was a throw in and would have been cut by Chicago as soon as Cutler arrived in Chicago. Unlike the Jets, or possibly, like the Jets depending upon how you see the Jets sans a QB, are re-building and can draft all Defense this year, take some lumps and be high enough in the draft next year to get one of the top 2 QB's

#361 Mehl-56, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well, I'm really glad that we still have our 1st round draft pick to draft either a QB like a Sanchez or a WR like my boy from FLorida,

I'm also glad that we still have our 3rd round draft pick for a steal of a 3-4 Defensive end. Remember, a talent like Leon was drafted with our 1st pick of the 4th and maybe...Just maybe, we can actually land a solid 3-4 Defensive end if we dont address that with our 2nd round pick and hey...If we draft a QB or WR with our 1st round pick and a DE with our 2nd round pick, I would love to try and steal a running back with our 3rd round pick.

And I'm also glad that we still have our 1st round for next year. Who knows, another talent like a Revis or Harris would fine with me next year with our 1st round pick.

All in all...I'm glad that Rex Ryan and company is going with either Clemens or Ratliff to lead this Jets team behind a solid O-Line, two talented backs along with a defense that has alot of potential under Rex Ryan.

Who knows? Rex Ryan and the Jets may shock us all and go with a defensive talent with our 1st pick @ 17, we may trade up and grab a WR like Maclin or maybe even trade up to draft Sanchez, who the hell knows? But I wont lie, if we draft...

Round 1...WR/QB
    Round 2...DE
    Round 3...HB
    Round 4...NT
    Round 5...OLB/Safety/QB/WR

Who knows? I'm just excited for the draft already and I'm glad that we didnt give up a 1st, 3rd, Kellen and a 1st next year for Cutler.

3. ........

........ Trolls

^^Fair enough. Many of us will not be all that shocked to go after a defender in Round 1, though. In fact, I'm somewhat expecting it.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what if we went with Kellen/Ratty this year....and drafted a QB in the first round of the 2010 draft, TBJF.....what's your stance there?

5. Mehl-56

God I hope your wrong and they stay away from any of this years QB's. I'd almost rather go into the year with Clemens... ALMOST

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Uhhh... maybe he wasn't part of the final 2 or 3 teams because Cutler isn't worth 2 first round picks? Jake Plummer put up similar numbers and even better numbers for 3-4 years with the Broncos, and he had a worse supporting cast than Cutler. Cutler for a first rounder is acceptable not great. Cutler for 2 first rounders is insane, and Chicago will pay the price.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Really? Like who? For example...Give me three players you think the Jets may go after on the defensive side of the ball who may still be there @ 17 (Unless we trade up)

8. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well Sanchez was ranked as what? The 2nd best QB in this years draft? I seen on ESPN last night that he's really impressing scouts and shit... I wont lie, Im pulling for Sanchez over Harvin as of right now..All of this Cutler talk has made me dream of the "Sexy draft pick" Like drafting a talented QB with our 1st pick.

I just wasnt willing to watch us lose two first round picks, a QB and a 3rd round pick and maybe even more

9. ........

........ Trolls

Well, I disagree that Raji will still be there, but a few of our better draft prognosticators seem to feel there's a chance of him slipping if he gets past Cincy. If he's not there, Vontae Davis isn't out of the question, nor are Jarron Gilbert (rising) or Rey Maualuga. Even Alphonso Smith could get a look.

My pick for the spot would be Maclin, who very well could be there, but I'd hate to miss out on Gilbert if he's likely to be taken between our picks. I also wouldn't mind Beanie or Moreno.

10. TampaBayJetsFan85

I'm all for that...I've been saying the whole time that Kellen was never given a fair chance with the Jets in 07 and I'm not sure how any QB can win with NO RUN GAME because of a HORRID O-Line and Horrid aint the word, it was more like...A disaster waiting to happen with Clement as our RT with Montgomery as our LG and lets not 4get that Brick and Mangold were both only 2nd year players.

I have a feeling that Kellen can lead this Jets offense behind a strong O-Line with Woody and Faneca over Clement/Montgomery with Brick and Ferguson both starting as 4 year vets. Add a solid running game with Jones and Leon with a Defense that can keep games under 21 points and I have a feeling we can do some damage with Kellen

11. ........

........ Trolls

I like Sanchez. Hell, I liked him when I first saw him play as a 9 year old. I'd prefer, though, to go with Kellen or Brett this year. We agree on that point, that with a solid receiver picked up in this draft and our OL, either one could stand a chance of succeeding this year.

12. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

1. Jarron Gilbert, DE/DT
    2. Sean Smith, CB/S
    3. Vontae Davis, CB

Just off the top of my head. Davis and Smith are there due to the fact that Sheppard will likely hit FA due to the terms of the trade, which was similar to the Vilma deal. We'd give up a 2 next year if we pick up the remainder of it, I believe.

That's not to say I don't want O, but don't be surprised if we go D on draft day.

13. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah, Raji will be gone @ 17 if you ask me, Davis would be a head turner but you never know...He could work out and I've been watching film on Gilbert and I made it clear in the NFL draft part of this site that he would be an exciting pick. I'm against drafting a RB with our 1st pick (This year) BUT im all for it next year.

We landed a talent like Leon in the 4th...I would love to look @ a RB with either the 3rd or 4th. I would go either WR/QB in the 1st and DE in the 2nd and build from there.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I meant to add Sean Smith in there. Nice cover.

I believe the conditions on Sheppard's contract are more detailed than that. It's likely to be a 3rd. However, his $10 million bonus next season could make it difficult to keep him around without a significant contract change.

15. Mehl-56

I'm not even going to address this/you if your comparing Jake Plummer, at the back end of his career and a 25 year old Cutler.

16. ........

........ Trolls

There could be a good RB available in the 2nd, and I've heard good cases here for Shonn Greene and Donald Brown fitting into our offense. The key is to remember that we take the best player available who also fits a need, whether it's for depth or hole, with each pick. If the right receiver isn't there, and we don't need a QB, you've got to be flexible as far as the pick is concerned. Better to have a list of players you'd like to see, which you do in Sanchez and Harvin. I'm not sure the right DE will be there in the 2nd (Gilbert), so he could be worth a shot in the 1st. Obviously, the chance to trade down would help that considerably.

17. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah, I just LOVE what Matt Ryan did with ATL this year, I simply loved it...Will Sanchez have a year like Ryan had as a rookie? Maybe...Maybe he could lead us to the playoffs but I wont lie, it was exciting to see Ryan lead that Falcons attack and the fans 4got about Vick as soon as they seen the kid win on Sundays and if anything...Ryan gave a "Swagger" to the whole team and had the whole city of ATL excited for football.

I like what Flacco did with the Ravens, he let the D lead them to the playoffs and he played a role like Big Ben did his rookie season but I still see Sanchez as more of a Ryan type of QB than a Flacco...I think Sanchez can be special

18. ........

........ Trolls

Oh God. I scrolled up and saw this post. I'm not even going to scroll up to the post you're referencing.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Given that TJones is on the wrong side of 30, and is currently boycotting the Jets workouts because of a contract dispute....I have no problem with the Jets drafting a HB in the first round.

We lack a true power back with speed and goal-line ability. Drafting one to compliment Leon would be ideal for what Rex wants to do with the offense.

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well you know what? I'm a little tired, long day @ the job but in a previous post I just stated how I also thought Raji would be gone @ 17 but I just rememberd reading something about Raji either getting arrested or failing a drug test, I think it was for weed and you never know...He can fall in the draft like Warren Sapp did back in 95 I think it was so who knows?

Now if it were a drug like coke, ex or something like that...I would stay the hell away from the next Dwight Gooden or Darryl Strawberry but weed is weed and just about every young person has fun with it before he dies and he might be worth the pick if he drops as long as he's not a Ricky Williams and choses weed over his NFL Career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM

Watch that ,video guys...He drives the O-Line back and applys pressure on the QB, I love this kid and I guess he plays in a 4-3 Defense but then again, so did Jenkins and he adjusted to a 3-4 NT pretty good