Cut Chad sign Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN5180, Feb 18, 2006.

1. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Bollinger improved as the season went along. If the Oline is more solid and CMart can play, he'll have a decent year in '06.

2. GreenMachine

That would require your head to be filled with something...I think you meant IMPLODE...

3. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

men who have an infatuation for other men scare me gomer pyle

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

THANK YOU

I don't undertsand the absolute hatred for Aaron Brooks...he has put up pro-bowl numbers in the past, and this year he had absolutely NO running game and NO defense....as well as a hampered number 1 target in Joe Horn all season. He's led his team to a playoff win before, and I don't understand why you guys wouldn't want him at the very least as a cheap stop-gap...he's really not bad at all

5. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I really just think that we already have a cheap stop-gap in place, Bollinger.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'd rather cut Chad and pick up a vet/stop gap QB via FA, like Josh McCown, and a late day 1/early day 2 QB via the draft like, Charlie Whitehurst. I bet both their contracts combined would equal the amount of money Cutler would be asking at 4.

7. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

But then the FA guy would be stop-gap for who? We wouldn't have our franchise QB on the roster.

8. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

this is all assuming we are drafting a qb at 4 Aaron Brooks is way better than Bollinger anyday of the week.ive seen better high school quaterbacks than Bollinger.

9. legler82

What makes Cutler a "franchise" QB and Whitehurst not? Have you seen both these guys play? I have and there isn't much that separates them. Cutler has the stronger arm and might be a slightly better athlete. Whitehurst has better touch and is more experienced at reading defenses.

10. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Is Jeff George Available Enough Of This Quaterback Nonsense.

11. King Koopa

Bollinger isn't that bad, but i think Aaron brooks has a lot of talent...I would go Aaron Brooks(or Josh McCown), Bollinger, and a rookie qb(hopefully Vince Young or Croyle later on)

This is assuming we cut chad...if we don't I feel that Brooks Bollinger has to go if we draft a qb, because we also need a serviceable veteran such as Aaron Brooks or Mccown in case Chad doesn't come back form injury

12. King Koopa

Yea, my same question....might as well thrown in Brodie Croyle as well

I mean I go to the University of South Carolina and we've played all 3 teams this past season (Bama, Vandy, and Clemson), and all 3 qb's impressed me. Cutler put on a show, but Croyle and Whitehurst looked as good all season

13. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I really didn't think Bollinger played that bad last season considering the situation.

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Okay, so you're saying Whitehurst would be your franchise guy? Thats what I was asking.

15. legler82

The way these guys are just drooling over Cutler boggles the mind. I can understand Leinart and Young being considered top 5 picks but not Cutler. Leinart is far more advanced in reading coverages than any QB in this draft or really any draft for that matter plus you can't discount his production. At 6'5" 230 lbs, Young is a physical marvel and an athlete that doesn't come around very often. All Cutler really has over the rest is his arm. Don't get me wrong, I like Cutler a lot, I just don't think drafting him with the 4th overall pick is very good value. To me getting a guy like Whitehurst in the 3rd or 4th rounds, who IMO has more overall tools, than Cutler is the better value. This way we wouldn't have so much money invested in the QB position, (Penny's contract on the roster or realeased along w/ a 1st Rd QB). The money could be used else where.

16. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i dont want to draft JAKE Cutler, i want Jason

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

To replace Chad with Brooks would be to replace a QB who had one good year two years ago with another. Both their times have passed, rest in peace.

18. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

ive said it before, and ill say it again, building teams around quarterbacks that are interception machines, that cant read a defense worth shit, and havent won shit in their careers is the dumbest thing a franchise can do. btw, if we draft this brody coil person i'll kill myself. there can't be any teams in the nfl that are dumb enough to believe that any person with the name of "brody" can actually be successful in the nfl.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Aren't you a Vinny fan?

20. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

yeah. what's your point??