Criticize Chad today???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Dec 26, 2006.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

People look at the 2 long passes Pennington completed last night(and they were by far the best ones he threw all night) and say "see, his arm strength isn't the problem!" meanwhile they discount the fact that he was unable to complete ANY mid range pass yesterday. Which of course is what has been his problem all year long. This problem disappears against weaker defenses where the Jets WRs have such a cushion that the duck arrives before the defenders do.

Last night may have been the most perfect display of Pennington's limitations that we've seen in a long time. I'd have to go back and watch again but it seemed like every mid range pass last night either looked like it was going to be picked off or nearly ended up getting the receiver killed.

Luckily the Jets came out of Miami with the W. Best case scenario now is to hope Chad plays well on Sunday and in the playoffs, and then Clemens kicks the snot out of him in TC next year.

2. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

slink88.......well said brother. Well said.

But if your looking for the hero of the game you have found them right here. If you look at the game thread I posted that the first half my wife and I were not wearing our Jersey's. We put them on in the second and just like I called it in the thread.....the second half was ours:p

But seriously, i love this team, I bleed grean and white. My family loves the Jets. I could not have asked for a better christmas gift! BEATING MAIMI in front of a national audience on MNF!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

3. John127

John127 New Member

As long as the brain continues to overcome the arm and we WIN, I'm okay with that.

4. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

People look at a lot of stuff, except that Chad leads us to victory.

5. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

3rdanddraw......Admit your not a Jet fan please.

6. John127

John127 New Member

Really? In a rainstorm? Okay, I guess that's true then.

7. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Last night was the best MNF night I have seen in recent history. WHAT A GAME! We swept Miami this year. I am loving this season. LOVING IT!!!

8. John127

John127 New Member

He just likes the attention derived from stirring things up, nothing more. Kinda boring.

9. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

How old are you 6?

that game was garbage compared to the monday night miracle

10. slink88

slink88 New Member

Some people here are more miserable than the Miami fans on their board and they got swept by the Jets, are 6-9, and haven't made the playoffs in 5 years (joining the likes of Detroit, Arizona, Cleveland...etc). Go figure.

Chad can't throw...blah, blah, blah...He almost threw an INT to cost us the game...whine, whine, whine...DBrick gave up a sack to Jason Taylor in the first half...sob, sob, sob...Pennington is going to kill our WR's...bitch, bitch, bitch...

11. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

no I am not six. Jackass. I am showing enthusiasm for my favorite team who just beat their arch rivals in their own home, in front of a national audience, on chrsitmas for the playoffs. Sit down son, and learn how to be a real fan.

I did say "recent" history right?

12. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

2000 is pretty recent "SON".

PS. i am sitting.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's sad that there seems to be a major shift away from people actually wanting to discuss football on this board towards blind homerism and calling anyone that doesn't subscribe to this homerism a "fake fan"

14. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

What is the point you're trying to make? Are we not allowed to talk about any of the negatives of our team? This message board would be a flowery circle jerk if that were the case.

Or do we just bury our heads in the sand and only think happy thoughts? Is that how we become "real" fans?

15. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

seriously? Call it homersim if you want. Being extremely happy after beating Miami last night with everything on the line to me, as a Jet fan, is nothing short of great. No matter how you slice it. Keep being negative. I love last nights win over Miami. I guess I am a homer.

16. John127

John127 New Member

Yawn. You don't discuss football ever, you criticize.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Discussing it is fine, celebrating after a win like that is to be expected. All I am into discussing this week is the Raiders and playoff seeding. Oh and Chad rules.

18. John127

John127 New Member

The point of being a fan is to enjoy your team WINNING. If you're not a fan you can just objectively watch football games and enjoy them for what they are. Most people here though are Jets fans (I think).

19. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Being happy is one thing, calling people jackasses and fake fans is another. I love how you homers pat yourselves on the back constantly for being so positive while looking down on anyone who dares to venture out of your land of sunshine and rainbows. You're exactly what this board doesn't need.

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Both sides of the Pennington argument have valid points. Yes, Pennington's arm strength is an issue. It simp0ly cannot be denied. On the other hand, the guy still wins more then he loses because of his understanding of the game.

Some people can overlook his physical limitations because of his smarts, and some cannot. It seems to me that winning is all that is important, and the Jets are winning. Bitch about his arm strength all you want, but the fact is that without Chad, I believe that this is a 6 win team tops. Clemens isn't near ready, and Ramsey is, well, Ramsey.