Crabtree - Niners file tampering charges against Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by asbcheeks, Sep 21, 2009.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

unless they have tapes of the calls they could have been speaking about any player the agent reps. Maybe even one on the jets. So just showing that there was a call means nothing.

Eugene Parker is his agent and he has a long list of players they could have been discussing including the some ex jets (curtis Martin, L. Coles etc).

#41 kbgreen, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

IMO Tanny forget about Crabtree he's an idiot, I think Dez Bryant will be a better pro, maybe not so much on the field but definitely off the field

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

4. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Hmmm, does that sound familiar? Matt Walsh ring a bell?

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

At this point, I wouldn't waste a 2nd rounder on Crabtree.
    The guy has proven to be a DIVA & will do nothing but cause headaches down the road.
    He'd never be happy w/any contract he gets.
    Would be cancer in the locker room.

6. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

I'm not sure I'd want Dez Bryant. The college receiver I'd most want is Michael Floyd of ND. He's a stud.

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

shit seems shady as hell to me

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Don, you are incredible and unbelievable. Some of your posts are great, honestly. But then every once in a while, you come up with a ridiculous post. There shouldn't be anyone on this forum, who in their right, would ever want Tanny to be fired, tampering or not. Yeah he fucked up on the Favre injury report, big deal. He's paying for it. Favre was injured, they knew it, but he practiced fully and was ready to play (regardless of his play quality). No big deal there. League fined us for not letting them know the player wasn't 100%. Its not like we were cheating and saying the player is injured, been on the injury report for the last 3 years in a row and counting, and hasn't missed a snap yet. That's worse.

Now you're saying that if Tanny tampered with niners' Crabtree, he should be fired. Yeah thats wrong, but even if he did, Im sure he made sure he wouldn't get caught and left no evidence to prove it, charged or not. He has done an exceptional job here in NY and his job is as safe as Johnson's ownership of the Jets right now. His only bad call was Gholston, and that too some believe was a Mangini influenced pick. Just have a look at what he's done since he got here. Mangold, D'Bick, Washington, Stuckey, Revis, Harris, Keller and Sanchez were drafted. Then veterans Faneca, Woody, Pace, Bart, Jenkins, Leonhard and Lito were traded for or picked up via FA. I count 15 solid starters right there. It didn't take him 10 years to do so, only 4. All this while he took over the Jets in their cap hell years. Give him a couple of years and he'll turn this franchise into a playoff caliber team year after year.

9. claymation

claymation Member

And what would that prove, that he spoke to his agent. So-What. They could be speaking to him about anything or anyone. Now if the records indicate that Mr. T did, in-fact, call Mrs. Crabtree then Mr. T is a buffoon.

Without knowing what was said in the conversation between Mr. T and Crabtree's agent (if they did talk) it's all conjecture.

I think that Crabtree's agent used the Jets as leverage to get his client the contract he wants.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah he's pretty legit also, but we prob wont see him in the league for a while, he's out for the season with some injury with his leg I believe both are good receivers for sure though i'd be happy with any of those two

11. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I found it funny that rex ryan was so adamant in denying the charge when realistically if it happened, he might not have any clue that it did

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dez Bryant looks like he has the skillset to be a run-of-the-mill possession wideout at best in the NFL.

13. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Tampering charges never seem to stick.

Normally I'd tell you that I'd bet my car on Crabtree signing before the deadline, but he really does seem that arrogant.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Did anyone hear Mike and Mike in the morning interviewing Rex? He was hilarious. To paraphrase...

"I think it's ridiculous. We'll have to let the NFL sort that one out. Yeah, I have a reaction. (Golic: A reaction not suitable for radio?) Yes. I wish we were playing them."

15. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

i'm willing to bet that every gm in the league tampers in one way or another

16. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

He broke his collarbone.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How can you prove tampering? They are not the police so they can't check phone records and stuff like that... all they can do is talk to Tanny, to Parker and to Crabtree and ask them if there were any contacts... the answer will be no (not even Crabtree would be stupid enough to admit it) and all will settle.

I bet whatever you want that Parker phoned EVERY team in the NFL and asked them if they would be interested in drafting Crabtree next year and still give him rd 1 money... Otherwise this negotiation would have never took so long.

18. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

did anything ever come of the redskins supposed tampering with haynesworth?

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

PS Parker is the agent of both Brooks and L. Coles... maybe we phoned him because we wanted a veteran LB and we wanted to know how our ex WR was doing :p that would be an excellent excuse

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I disagree but then that is obvious. If we lose a first round pick because he couldn't stay out of what didn't concern him then yes I want him fired. Every week it's a new scandal lately with him.