Crabtree - Niners file tampering charges against Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by asbcheeks, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I hope so too..I believe you can lose a 1st round pick if it is in this case.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No comment may mean "we did it" to you Don. But in the legal world "no comment" means nothing.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Do the 49ers have nothing better to do than this stuff? They're 2-0, live it and love it. You were the same idiots were were accused of "Tampering" during the Lance Briggs potential signing.......

4. joesanerd

joesanerd New Member

It's funny how the Jet's can't stay out of the news for all this ridiculous stuff, tampering here and there, the favre thing, lol media's trying to paint us as the new patriots here

5. Don

Obviously it does..he said "no comment" last week too when first asked about the Favre injury fiasco. Like I said, there is no harm in denying it if you did nothing wrong..that can't come back to hurt you in court if you are innocent.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Don's been smokin bones with Ellis it seems

7. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Here's the ironic part. Here in 2009, players hire agents or instruct them specifically to facilitate trades, as we saw with Brandon Marshall. In this day and age, agents have become trade brokers, not just in the NFL, because the leagues have allowed it.

With that said, so what if we talked to his agent? At a certain point it becomes almost comical, that agents are allowed that much leeway in determining how players get moved from one team to the other, then suddenly because he's an unsigned rookie it's a no-no? I'm expected to believe that Eli Manning forced his way out of San Diego or John Elway out of Baltimore by themselves, without an agent forcing the issue? Whatever.

8. Don

We are not accused of talking to his agent, we are accused of telling his agent we will give him more money than SF will..big difference. That's tampering.

9. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Rex's response; "I wish we were playing them this year!"

10. claymation

claymation Member

That will be a tough thing to prove.

I would still love for SF to draft him out of spite.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Un-fucking-real. You know Tanny did it, too. If he's willing to offer Crabtree more than what the Niners have offered him then he is a fucking idiot.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah, no shit.

I'd take Crabtree purely out of spite...because i hate the Niners.

But if i had a choice.....i wouldn't want Crabtree anywhere near Florham Park.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I would think its extremely difficult to make a tampering charge stick. A reporter might ask Tanny, Rex or Woody if they would like Crabtree at the Jets, they might say yes, which indicates an interest IF your Crabtree or his agent.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Agent phones up Jets - Michael is not in a happy place with the Niners and it may be we can do a deal - if Michael was available would you be willing to pay him $45m?

Jets - maybe

Agent to Niners - there is another team willing to pay $45m therefore you better pony up!

15. Don

Yeah, the NFL hates when people scream tampering. I would be surprised they would file charges if they don't think they can prove them.

16. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I pay close attention to everything that comes out of Deion's mouth. Crabtree's agent is just getting his client's name in the papers in a lame excuse to get paid.

I've had it with rookie pay from now on there should be a league mandated minimum and signing bonus.

You play for two years on your original contract and THEN you go for your payday when you might actually be worth something. Then maybe we could spend our money on players that WANT to prove their worth.

17. Don

This was an article in the Post or Daily News..not Deion.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I would imagine they check phone records, meeting schedules. Flight itinerarys to see if any of them go to SF etc.

19. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

If any Jets fans mention any form of "Cheatriots", "Belicheat", etc.. you will be fair game to be portrayed as hypocrites. As I've said before, every team is doing some form of illegal activities it's just at what level and if anybody finds out.

Personally, I could care less about this charge since nothing will come of it but it's a bit fishy that multiple cases have been filed against Tannenbaum.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

GFY!

Nothing has been proven...these are just allegations.